Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Legends

Post by natterss707 »

1. In what ways does Bella identify with the third wife?
She wants to do anything she can to help her family. The third wife does whatever she could to try to help so Bella identifies with her because she wants to be able to be the heroine like the third wife. Sacrifice whatever she can in order to help.

2. Could Taha Aki be alive today? Discuss theories.
I thought he died. I don't really have any other theories.

3. What do you think Jacob is hoping will change by taking Bella to the meeting?
I think by knowing the stories he'll have some hope that she'd want to join in his life. But most of all I believe that he just wanted to spend as much time as possible with her, no matter how it was spent.

4. Why is Bella so disturbed by the idea of Edward’s identification with Heathcliff?
First, she doesn't believe Edward is at all evil. Second, guilt maybe?
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. In what ways does Bella identify with the third wife? She is willing to sacrifice herself for whoever she loves.

2. Could Taha Aki be alive today? Discuss theories. Maybe, but maybe he just wanted to die, so he wandered as a human until his death.

3. What do you think Jacob is hoping will change by taking Bella to the meeting? To see where the wolves are coming from and to see vamps in a dark light.

4. Why is Bella so disturbed by the idea of Edward’s identification with Heathcliff? Because Heathcliff's an impossible jerk.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- They are two ordinary women in love and willing to sacrifice themselves for their loved ones.

[b- I don't think he could be alive to day. From what I understood, they have three choices- permanent werewolves (losing all thoughts as human) permanent human, and I guess they can continue to be both. Well, if that is so...if he becomes a werewolf, he would still age & I think it would be the same w/ his human life?

3. What do you think Jacob is hoping will change by taking Bella to the meeting?
- I think he hopes that Bella will see that the stories are in his favor & that she will decide to be w/ him.

4. Why is Bella so disturbed by the idea of Edward’s identification with Heathcliff?
- Heathcliff uses the phrase "drink their blood" and Bella didn't like that idea because it could be possible that Edward might actually do something to Jacob.
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

She's a mortal in love with an immortal. She would gladly risk her own life to save that of Edward's if it came down to it.

I guess if his spirit left the wolf and went into a younger wolf who kept phasing he would stay alive indefinitely. They stop aging when they are phasing, right?

I think he hopes the old legends about the Cold Ones and what they did to the tribe will scare Bella and make her side with the wolves. Pointless though...she's clearly in camp Cullen.

I think it had to do with the "drink his blood" comment and her recognizing the similarity between Heathcliff's stance to not hurt anyone as long as his love cared about that person. Bella realizes that Edward is a hair away from hurting Jacob - the minute she did not care about Jacob, Edward would have free reign to deal with him.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

:lol: Well she is human for one. She wants to save Edward and Seth. And she knows the blood will distract the vampire. She just love them so much that she wants to save them so she wants to do anything to protect the ones she loves.

I think if he chose to stay the wolves after he had to turn back into it then it could be possible. But that is only if he stops aging completely while he is phasing back and forth. But if he still ages; just at a slower rate than he may not be around that long. Though since he lost his third wife I don't think he would stay around for another one. I'm not sure if you can have more than one soul mate. I know you can be in love more than once but as for soul mates, that is hard to say.

I think he was just wanting Bella to know where he came from and more about his people. It is possible that he thinks if she knew him better that she may realize that he is the better choice and that he at least is human. But I am not completely sure about that one.

All I can say was because of that quote he read. She didn't want to face that Edward might be thinking bad about Jacob even though I don't think Edward would have hurt him because he knew Bella cared about him and he loved her too much to hurt her like that but it was a possibility.
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Bella knows how the third wife feels, to be human and weak and helpless, the only way she knows how to help her immortal family is to sacrifice herself.

I guess he could be alive if he continued to hide in the wilderness and no one found him, sorta like Jacob after Eclipse if he never came back and stayed as a wolf forever.

He hopes Bella will see thru the stories how vampires will always be evil and he hopes Bella will see how close and warm the tribe is and hopes Bella will chose them over the Cullens.

Maybe cos Heathcliff's character leaves a lot to be desired? Isn't his character kinda rude and obnoxious?
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Bella wants to help in whatever way she can, no matter how limited. She is more than willing to give whatever she can to save herself!

In theory I guess he could. His third wife was his true partner and when the wolves find their true partner they start aging again-- but this may have been negated by his phase after she died.

He hopes she will feel closer to him by learning the legends and maybe he hopes she will understand why he has such bitterness towards the vampires.

It's the line he mentions she's disturbed by, I think. The "drinking his blood" part --it probably hits a little close to home, and Bella realizes Edward really is THAT willing to hurt Jacob.

Image Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Shes normal, and human. She realises that she CAN help. She knows that she can save Edward and everyone she loves, just like the 3rd wife.

Um, I think hes dead :)

Maybe that she would understand more about the wolves, that she would feel closer to him

That Edward wants to kill Jacob, but he wouldn't because of Bella. And I think she knows that now.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

Bella is human and limited in her abilities to help stop victoria, just like the third wife. Bella would also do anything to help the ones she loves, even if it means sacraficing herself in the process much like the third wife.

I think its very possible he could be alive, but I doubt that he is. He was old, but he was still a warewolf and warewolves don't die easily. Jake says that they can learn to stop becoming a warewolf once they are in control of themselves, and I'd be willing to bet Taha Aki probably didn't live very long after his wife died because he loved her so much.

Hes probably hoping for several things. He probably hopes that Bella will get a better understanding for why the wolves exist and why they are enemies with the vampires. He is also probably hoping that hearing the stroies of what the vampires did will sway Bella's decision to stay with Edward and become a vampire. If he were to get both of these things he hopes that would bring him and Bella closer to the relationship he desires.

There is an uncanny connection between Hethcliff and Edward. Heathcliff makes a comment about "drinking his blood", and I believe he is referring to an enemy of his. Edward could do that to Jacob if he wanted to, but he won't because Jake is important to Bella. Heathcliff also says that he would not harm someone if they were important to Cahterine. Bella is probably disturbed because Edward and Heathcliff are so similar and she knows what happens to Heathcliff.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

She is human, and she realizes that she can help in a fight. She can sacrifice herself in order to save Edward and the other Cullens. She knows that Victoria wants her, so she might be thinking that she can stop her coming after the Cullens if she gets Bella. Just like she want to sacrifice herself to James. But she should also realize that if she does something like that, Edward will kill himself.

I guess he could. I got the idea that he died. But I don't know.

He wants her to understand why the pack exist. He wants to convince her to leave Edward, and choose himself. He wants her to see the vampires as evil, and make her change her mind about becoming one of them.

I think that it scares her, realizing that Edward really wants to kill Jacob. And that the only thing stopping him, is Bella. I actually don't think that is the case. I think Edward would have a problem killing Jacob, since Edward is really a compassionate person. And I don't think he would ever drink Jacob's blood..He's a werewolf..
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~