Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SkittleE
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Legends

Post by SkittleE »

1. In what ways does Bella identify with the third wife?
She is simply weak and human, and she wants to do all she can to make sure her love doesn't die.

2. Could Taha Aki be alive today? Discuss theories.
He disappeared in wolf form, but I'm sure he turned back into a human and found a way to die not long after. It was his imprint, after all. Of course, Third Wife did die to make sure that Taha Aki didn't die, so he could be held by her wishes.

3. What do you think Jacob is hoping will change by taking Bella to the meeting?
He's probably hoping that she'll start thinking of how evil and cruel vampires are.

4. Why is Bella so disturbed by the idea of Edward’s identification with Heathcliff?
As she said, Heathcliff and Cathy's love is their only redeeming quality. She thinks that Edward has so many more redeeming qualities than that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/ ... r-nazi.gif
Sucking the joy out of life since 1998
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

She is the only woman who is able to stand between the fued between vampires and werewolves.

That thought never crossed my mind. I doubt it, but I guess it could be possible.

3. What do you think Jacob is hoping will change by taking Bella to the meeting?

Her opinion on vampires, and her feelings for Jacob.

4. Why is Bella so disturbed by the idea of Edward’s identification with Heathcliff?

That quote (especially the "drink his blood" bit) was exactly how Edward was feeling, and that shocked her. But besides that, he doesn't have much else to do with Heathcliff.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

She was only human, just like Bella, but she saved the tribe with her brave sacrifice.

I suppose it's possible, but I must confess the question doesn't interest me.

I'd say he is hoping that she will start seeing the vampires as the enemy, and that he will realise that this is all their fault, and that she will feel a part of the tribe and want to belong to it in a more official way.

For a start, Healthcliff was an absolute @#^*(*())! What's more, the passage she reads, if paralleled to Edward and Jacob, means that Edward hates Jake so much that he'd happily kill him if Bella wanted him to, or if she was out of the equation. I don't think she likes to think of Edward feeling that way towards Jake.