Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Temper

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn? I was thinking & hoping that he would in Eclipse.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be? i found it funny that they didn't expect it to be true.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob? It did surprise me a little bit that he would have said he wished she was dead. if I was in Jacob's shoes I would hope I wouldn't act so hateful.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way? I didn't think he was teasing her by getting it or that it was wrong of him. I thought it was sweet of him to think of her & want her to be comfortable and feel at home.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?

I sensed that he would imprint on someone, love triangles had to be resolved in order for everyone to be happy, so him imprinting would definitely solve that. For some reason I thought he might imprint on Leah.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?

I did not think much about this, I thought he just meant all the old tribe legends.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?

I did not understand why Jacob was mad at the Cullens. I understand his hate for Edward, borne mostly out of jealousy, but if Seth could accept the Cullens, why not Jacob? But he does feel the way he does, so I understand why he would think Bella would be better off dead than before a vampire.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?

He just did it so she could be more comfy while being held hostage. I don't think he had ulterior movies, teasing or other, besides they lay down on her bed in her room all the time.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?

Honestly, I wasn't sure. We all know how much he love(d) Bella, so it was hard to see him loving anyone else.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?

Um... I don't know. I wonder if there are legends about werewolf children.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?

No, it was very typical Jacob (at least typical for the way he is in Eclipse) -- he doesn't hide his feelings, and he doesn't think about the way they affect others when he shows them.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?

No... he's made the limitations on their physical relationship very clear to Bella. From Bella's perspective well... "hope springs eternal" and all that. Can't blame her for jumping to the wrong conclusion... but you also can't say it's Edwards fault for buying the bed.

Image Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Nope. Didn't think he would. Probably because he was more focused on Bella. I dunno

No idea

I was quite hurt that he said he'd rather her dead. Stupid Jacob. Even if I was him I wouldnt've said shes better off dead. Thats harsh - even for Jacob.

He bought the bed so Bella wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. It was sweet and he wasn't teasing her. Edward would never do that. Knowing Bella, she would injure herself being on a couch.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I was really hoping it wasn't Bella because I would have felt bad for him. I figured though, that if it wasn't Bella he would find who he was looking for eventually. I mean he's only supposed to be 16 and he hasn't had muh experience outside of La Push.

After he found out that the warewolf legends were true, he probably didn't question anything else he heard after that.

I understand that warewolves and vampires don't get along, but Jacob already has a relationship with Bella and he shouldn't have been such a jerk. He doesn't have to be happy about her becoming a vampire, but telling her he'd rather she was dead was just uncalled for. If I were Jacob I would make sure she knew how I felt about her becoming a vampire, but I would hope I would not wish she was dead instead.

I don't think the bed was a teaser. I took that as him wanting to spend more time with her, and wanting her to be comfortable at his place; he wants her to think of his place as home.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

No, mainly because he was so focused on Bella. And also because you would have to find the person you are supposed to imprint on, and she could be anywhere.

I don't know. Could be anything.

No it didn't. Jacob has a temper, and he is very open about the way he feels. So he wouldn't think twice about saying exactly what he felt. And he cares so much for Bella, that her becoming a vampire is the absolute worst that could happen. But I think that he should have been more understanding, or at least, not so mean about it. Saying that he would rather have her dead, really hurt her.

No, he wasn't teasing her. He wanted her to be comfortable in his house. And he was probably hoping that she would spend some nights there even when she wasn't "held hostage", so having a bed would be very natural. Edward also spent almost every night with Bella in her bed, so it's not like it's something new that they share a bed. And he had been perfectly clear on the issue of intimacy, so Bella knew how he felt.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn? I hoped he would because he was so hell bent on not letting Bella go. It's hard to love someone who doesn't want you back. It's funny rereading Eclipse it's like he was trying really hard to imprint on her starting at her with concentration. So funny, poor guy.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be? who knows

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob? No I knew he would be angry when he found out. I would have reacted same way. He honestly believes that the person she is will disappear and Bella will no longer be in there just some monster. He doesn't know Edward and that he is the person he was before he change because he never let his blood lust control him long enough to destroy that person

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way? I don't think he was teasing her. The girl needs to sleep and once she's changed they'll use it for other reasons.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

Didn't know it would be reneesme, but I figured it might be someone.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?'
Already read Eclipse so not a fair comment...lol.

No, he wants her to be his and stay the same so I wasn't at all shocked. If I was jacob I wouldn't blame him, but you have to think when he imprints...Bella won't be that much to him anymore.

It was a tease, but he was just trying to be nice. I thought the end of this chapter was nice. I actually like the way SM portrays the story..at least they are married before they have sex.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i thought he would never imprint but always love bella.

im not sure about other legends, but the fact that many of the others were true was interesting. :?

i would have reacted the same way. he had the right to be scared and afraid for her like that. i felt a little bad for him actually.

no, i think he was just trying to be more human. :lol:
Betting on Alice.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

No, cause no new people were in the story and he 'loves' Bella.

I'm not quite sure but I would love to know.

No, he wanted her to stay 'his' Bella, the same way.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, or does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
No I don't think he was wrong he just wanted her to be confortable in his house, I don't think he has any intention of being more intimate in anyway with Bella.
**Kathryn**