Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Temper

Post by openfire »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?
No really. I kinda thought that he would either imprint on Bella, or he wouldn't imprint on anyone.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?
It was quite interesting that the legends all seemed to be true, but I had no idea what other ones they might be.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?
No it didn't surprise me, I kinda expected it. I know he was hurting and that, but the comment about him rathering Bella was dead was really really horrible. But like I said, I kinda expected him to be like that a bit.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
I don't think he was trying to tease her, I think he was honestly trying to be nice! He didn't want her to have to sleep on the uncomfy couch. He was just beimg Edward :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?
I really hoped he would. I figured that would be how he ended up getting over Bella.
2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?
The fact that werewolves exist, and the legends on how their pack works...the legends from the bonfire in a later chapter.
3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?
I thought it was kind of obvious that she was going to be changed soon. With everything else going on, she didn't have that much time. His reaction seemed kind of normal for a werewolf. I'm always impressed that he never exploded into a wolf when he got angry at her. I probably would have reacted about the same way, although I would have realized what was going on earlier than him in the first place.
4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
Edward just doesn't think. He has so much money, and he knows Bella's coming over, so he buys her a bed. He doesn't even realize she'll see it differently, he's just obsessed with her being comfortable. It wasn't wrong, just a little overboard. As always.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

No I didn't,.. I was quite surprised that he didn't imprint ON Bella.

I'm not sure,.. I don't know much about tribes and legends and stuff like that.

Jacob's been dealing with the idea of Bella becoming a vampire,.. and as most people do when they know something they really don't want to happen is going to happen, if they find out its actually a LOT sooner then they thought, it kinda throws the whole dealing with it eventually thing out the window. If I was Jacob I probably would have phased into a werewolf!

Not at all! Edward was forcing Bella to stay at her house,.. forcing her to sleep on a couch and/or floor would be quite rude. Bella knows why they can't have a physical relationship,.. Edward wants her just as much but can't.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I felt he would someday find someone, but I had no idea if we would read about it.

Not a clue.

It didn't surprise me, but I thought it was very harsh. I don't know how I would've responded, but definitely NOT by saying I'd rather have that person dead.

Yes, I thought he was wrong, but I also thought it was sweet.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

Well, I guess. But I could only wonder. Now that I've read Breaking Dawn... well... I see all that imprinting things in Eclipse as clues for Breaking Dawn.

Oh, I don't know.

It didn't surprise me, it actually made me feel bad for him. I don't know how I'd react.

I don't think he was wrong. It didn't surprise me that he bought the bed, it was so Edward. Of course he wasn't going to make Bella sleep on the couch! Bella just misunderstood the thing.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
wolf-girl0221
Settled in Forks

Post by wolf-girl0221 »

Until I read Breaking Dawn I really didn't think Jake would Imprint b/c he was so in love with Bella. In fact, I was hoping he wouldn't because, like Bella, I didn't think anyone would be good enough for him.

Hmmm... Honestly I don't know what else there could be.

Jake's reaction didn't surprise me. After all he hates the Cullens. Just because it's Bella changing doesn't mean his opinion would change. If I were in his position I probably would have reacted the exact same way.

I don't think he was teasing her on purpose. He did it because he wanted her to be comfortable when she was over for 'sleep overs' with Alice. Besides, he lays in her bed all the time while she sleeps. Theres' really no difference in that when you really think about it, I think.
I'll be waiting for you until yourheart stops beating. And maybe even after that.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

No, I always thought that if Jacob was going to imprint on anyone, it would have been Bella.

I really wanted to know more about the legends of the Wolves, what else happens or might happen to them possibly in the future?

I think, in his point of view, he's loosing his best friend. I mean, what if someone you loved had crossed over to, in your opinion, the people you not only hate, but destroying them is like the bane of your exsistance. I always imagined more Vampire!Bella and Jacob to be Romeo and Juliet like.

I don't think he was wrong at all. He brought a bed for her to sleep in so that she was not uncomfortable. Bella would have been a whiny b*& if he hadn't, and moaned about sleeping on the coach. In fact, she was thinking it was 'not so bad.' to sleep on the bloody floor before she saw the bed!
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I already knew what would happen in that respect, so yeah, I did think so. ;)

Not sure.

I'd be pretty mad if I were him. Bella is his best friend, and he desperately wishes she could be more, and she wants to throw away humanity and become something he hates... It must be hard.

I thought that Edward bought the bed so Bella would have a place to sleep... That's not really teasing her, it was him being genuinely concerned about her. I think Bella has a bit of a dirty mind sometimes.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I thought it was a possible resolution to all this. I was very glad that it was cleat that he hadn't imprinted on Bella.

No idea.

Not considering that he's bound to be emotional about it. He probably should have assumed it would be sooner rather than later, though.

No, I think that he knew she had to sleep in his house, so this was a wonderful opportunity for him to buy something for her. He loves to do that, and that was probably in his mind more than the thought that she would think it meant that he was going to take their relationship to another level. What's more, given that, at this point, it is very likely she'll be changed into a vampire, then they'll need the bed for other things. ;)
MouseyZbyszko
Settled in Forks

Post by MouseyZbyszko »

Alphie wrote:1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?
No...Errr, long before I ever finished Twilight ( the book ), I had spoiled myself by reading Stephenie's website and everyone's back story so I kinda already knew what would go down LOL :mrgreen:
I think he bought the bed for her, knowing he'd be gone hunting for a long time ( and that's when Alice held her "hostage" :D . I wanted to smack Edward when I read on Page 187 about how he told Bella to not "overreact 'cause he just wanted to demonstrate how hard this would be on a couch".

Ummmm, she's a girl????? How do you THINK we're gonna react if some guy bought us a bed? Duh LOL :lol:

Page 190 -- he decided that if Bella says being with the wolves is safe, then it's safe. Ummmm, I thought he would have figured that out from New Moon. The only reason Bella is physically still ALIVE is because of them.

Page 195 -- Edward said: "Sleep, my Bella. Dream Happy Dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love".

I swear my boyfriend and Edward are twins. He talks to me like this almost ALWAYS in those exact words....WIN !!!