Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
She did admirably well, not as well as Bella or Carlisle, though, of course. I can't even picture Esme or Alice killing anybody, period, but I know Alice had to, to survive until she adopted the Cullens. As for Emmett, we know he killed at least two.

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed?
I think he was just confused about Carlisle's motivation behind changing her.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?
No, I don't think Esme, Edward or Carlisle helped. I don't see Carlisle liking it.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
She doesn't need to dislike Bella just because she wants to be a vampire. She can like the girl, dislike her choices, though. No, they still don't make sense to me.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
- I never thought of Esme or Alice killing anyone, but Esme seems like she might have killed a few. Alice is definitely the type that might have tried to find a future that doesn't involve her killing and take that route.

- I think Edward don't think he minded if she was changed because of Rosalie's circumstances when she was changed (Carlisle wouldn't have done it for any other reason), but he didn't like her as a "lover".

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?
-I think Carlisle was understanding about why she did it because it was in all honesty, for revenge. I would have done it, too! Show those men who they were dealing with, you know?
Anywayz, she did it because of how bad they hurt her and Carlisle probably didn't agree w/ it, but understood why she did it.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
- When I first read how rude Rosalie was being to Bella, I hated her for it. She definitely took me for the "stuck up" type, but after finally hearing how she longs to have the human advantages...I feel for her.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

I don't think Esme killed very many people, probably one or two as a newborn. I think Emmett has probably killed between 5 and 10 people ever, and Alice, i don't think she killed more than one or two, she killed at first as a newborn and then saw her future with the Cullens and learned how to control herself.

His reaction was fair, he didn't like Rosalie because she was stuck up.

I don't think the Cullens helped her at all, it was her choice. I don't think Carlisle was very upset with her, he seemed pretty upset about what they did to her.

I don't think Rose ever really hated Bella, she was just jealous of Bella's life and Bella's choice to become a vampire.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
kimmyBEE

Post by kimmyBEE »

This is my second favorite chapter. <33 Rosalie.

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice? - I was honestly... impressed? That's not the best way to phrase it. I probably sound crazy. But I thought it was interesting how she didn't taste their blood and also how she was so tactful about the planning. Saving Royce for last; I think he honestly deserved it.
I think Alice had killed around 30 humans. Before she met Jasper, of course. 15 or so for Esme, and like, 20 for Emmett.

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed? - I wanted to go hunt him down and smack him. Not even kidding. It was so hypocritical of him, because his whole reaction was all "Rosalie HALE!? blah blah blah." Sure she was vain and egotistical, but Edward had his moments where he was very much the arrogant counterpart.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people? - Back in the day especially, I think Carlisle was very into allowing his family to make their own decisions. I can't see any of the family fully supporting the idea to kill. But Rosalie was obviously thorough and it's not like there was any evidence left behind... so they really had no reason to worry.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story? - Maybe I'm biased because I share a lot of personality traits with Rose, but I actually found myself on her side. I thought it was so foolish how Bella just wanted to throw her life away. I understand that she wanted to be with Edward, and that a deal had been made with the Volturi. It wasn't the fact that she wanted to be changed that got under my skin. It was the manner that she went about it. I always thought that she shouldn't be changed until she absolutely had to.
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I think that they hace all messed up once or twice. I can't say an exact number thought.

I could understand it. Edward has a dislike for stuck up people, probably why he loves Bella's selflessness so much. But it still doesn't make it completely right. Even if it is Rosalie.

I don't think that any of the Cullen's help because if they knew they'd probably stop her. And she probably felt guilty about it later on and told Carlisle and Edward.

I didn't think they were good enough reasons to dislike Bella. But my opinoin is prejudice.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I'm not sure, I think Esme mightve killed only like 1 or 2 people. Emment I expect killed sort of a lot of people and Alice probably killed a lot of people too, because she was alone before she found the Cullens and Jasper.

-I was suprised that Edward was so against Rosalie being changed, but then again I can see where he was coming from with his side of the story.

-No, none of the Cullens helped her. Rosalie said she'd done it herself. I think Carlisle wasn't happy about was Rosalie was doing, but there was really nothing he could do to stop her.

-Yes, I think they do make more sense, but her reasons for disliking Bella are still unjustified. She could still be nicer to Bella and disagree with her... its not that hard.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I was impressed by Rosalies record because for one thing, the only people she did kill was for a justified reason and another is that I expected her number to be a lot higher than that. I couldn't imagine that Esme would have anywhere near high number for her record. I do believe that Emmett has quite a few although I can't really say a specific number. I can't see Alice having a high number of people as well.

I think that his reaction was justified. After being engaged to Royce she was very well known among society so obviously people were going to go searching for her (despite it was her own fiance that did the damage in the first place.) I really only thought his reaction was merely a concern for the safety of their secret, not necessarily any other reason.

She just did it all by herself and none of her family helped her, I think that was mentioned in the story. Carlisle probably wasn't happy about her killing them but at the end of the day she makes her own decisions and what they did to her was wrong so I feel like her motivations were justified.

I don't think that because of Bella's personal choices are reason enough for her dislike her. You can still be friends with someone and be nice to them even if you don't agree with every single thing they do or believe in. It is nice to understand why she feels that way though and I know that her feelings are extremely strong but everyone handles things differently.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

I can't picture Esme killing. And, Carlisle changed her and intended for her to be his mate, so I imaging he helped her and stopped her from killing. Emmett probably also had Rosalie and the other Cullens trying to prevent him from killing, so only a few tops. Alice probably killed the most since she lived on her own for awhile before joining the Cullens.

I think he was justified. She was very recognizable since she was so beautiful and well known and engaged to the really rich guy. Edward was worried about people seeing her with them and the family having to leave. It also seems like Edward and Rosalie never really got along. SM calls Alice Edward's favorite sister multiple times. Rosalie was the only one who acted like a jerk about Bella at 1st. I can't say I blame Edward.

No, I don't think any of the Cullens helped. Carlisle obviously hates killing, even vampires when it is necessary. But, he is also very compassionate, so I think he must have understood her need for revenge after what they did to her.

No, I really don't like Rosalie at all. I felt bad that she was brutally attacked. But, even as a human, she was not nice. She was jealous of her best friend. Then, even though she was happy with Emmet, she was jealous of Bella. She could have simply ignored Bella, but she was mean to Bella instead. And, it is really none of her business if Bella becomes a vampire or not. Even though Rosalie really wants kids, that doesn't mean Bella has to want kids, too.
ClumsyCullen31
Settled in Forks

Post by ClumsyCullen31 »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice? I think Esme's track record is pretty low since she has been with carlisle her whole existence. Emmett's is probably pretty high because in Midnight Sun it doesnt matter to him if Edward kills bella or not, he has the "so what" kind of attitude. Alice i think has a large track record because she was all alone without any guidance, i dont think she is very ferocious but she just killed to get along because she was alone.

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed? Edward was right in his reaction. Changing roaslie was a big risk since she was so widely known they could have been discovered.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people? I dont think anyone helped her it was Rosalies own personal battle she had to fight for herself, i think carlisle realizes that it is something she needed to do in order to cope with her new life, and there was no way of stopping her.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story? It completely makes sense. Bella is everything Rosalie is trying to forget she almost had. She is constantly reopening the scars Rosalie is trying to heal
Edward, my knight in shining volvo.
Annabanana
Wandering Through Town

Post by Annabanana »

It's hard for me to imagine Esme killing people, but she probably killed a few when she just had turned into a vampire.
I guess Emmett and Alice are kinda equal.. It was hard to know how many they could have killed ..

I had never really thought that Edward had been against any others change except from Bella, but it didn't really suprise me that he was, especially when she was kinda well know, so beautiful and engaged to that rich guy..

The only one of the Cullens I could imagine helping her then is Edward, but then again Rosalie and Edward have never been that close so maybe not, she probably did it alone. I don't think Carlisle liked it but I still think he supported her

I think her reasons are bad, this is Bellas decision, Bellas life.. Even if Bella has the chance to live the life she always wanted doesn't mean Bella wants it.. and I understand if Rosalie was jealous but it was still not good enough reasons to not liking her, she didn't even try give Bella a chance..