Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alicerosecullen285
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Post by alicerosecullen285 »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?

I think Rosalie mentions that because she wants to show that she is stronger than we others. She always wants to be the best!!! I can't believe that Esme has killed lots of people. She is to kind to do that!!! On the other hand, I don't think that Emmett could control himself, especially as a newborn... As for Alice, I really can't tell! She has spend some years alone without been "vegeterian" but I believe she killed only if it was necessary....

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed?

In my opinion, Edward was prejudiced about Rosalie. I think he treated her like that because he found her selfcenter or because he had heard Carlisle thoughts about he and Rosalie together...

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?

Rosalie wanted to revenge. But I think it was something she wanted to do alone. Carlisle maybe tried to convince her not to do it but he also gave her the choise to do whatever she wants to.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?

I think that now we can see Rose differently but I found her attitude pointless. She never thought that Bella might want something different. No babies and human life...
Twilight
The safest hour of the day...
MouseyZbyszko
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Post by MouseyZbyszko »

Alphie wrote:1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
I can't even BEGIN to even SPECULATE as to how may people each Vampire killed. I think it was good of Rosalie that she didn't taste human blood. I'm also proud of the fact that, even through all of her tragedy, she didn't want any of their blood "in her"
2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed?
On one hand since he could read her thoughts, he probably knew she'd be a handful.
On the 2nd hand, he was probably afraid it would expose the family since she was so recognizable

AS AN ASIDE: Rosalie had been frozen for 78yrs. She mentioned she had two younger brothers. No mention was ever made if there was a search party sent out for her, if her parents and brothers died knowing she had been "missing" her whole life, and no one ever found her, etc. It would have been nice if that part of the story had been concluded.