Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by mistytwilight85 »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

I think it is both. Edwrad is very over protective, but I think he is also VERY jealous. He wants Bella all to himself. He doesn't want to share with a mutt lol *I am sorry Jake* :lol:

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

I think some of it is guilt, but I also think that she wants to kind of have some of what she had when Edward was gone. She was happy in La Push, and she has friends there. It's like a second home to her there. She knows all of their secrets and trusts them. She loved being with Jake too because he was always happy and full of life. She can see that when Edward came back, Jake turned. He was depressed and in pain. She needed to help him, it's what friends so.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?

Well she has her flashy car for one lol. Plus it's Alice, she peobably knew exactly how Bella was going to react. I think she emphasises with her though because she knows Edward is too over protective and she knows that Bella won't like being told what to do. I think that is why she lets her call Jake.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?

Um heck yea. But I want a black firebird though :lol: :mrgreen: I don't like flashy yellow cars :D

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?

At first I would be. Well about the situation not really the bed. Edward puts Bella on lock down like she is a prisoner. I would be pretty ticked. I think her being angry and sleeping on the couch is all about her trying to protest what he is doing. I think I would break down and sleep on the bed though.
Team_Jacob
Settled in Forks

Post by Team_Jacob »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

-Well, Edward is very very over-protective, so I think he is mainly concerned about her safety. He also knows that she will probably end up being a vamp && doesn't want her making her bond with Jacob any stronger than it already is, because they wouldn't be able to see eachother afterward.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

-I think that Bella will always feel that she kind of owes Jacob for being there in ther darkest of times. I would feel the same, because that causes a very strong bond that ties two people together on an emotional level. Therefore, she does have feelings for Jacob, I don't know if she is simply misinterpreting this emotional tie as being in love with him or if she really is. Perhaps she truely was in love with Jacob Black.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?

-I don't think she was bothered because she's used to Bella throwing a fit whenever she doesn't get her way. && Edward probably warned her...PLUS she's getting a stinking Porsche!

-Of course. I think we'd all put up with her for a little while...I mean, it's a Porsche!

-I don't really know if I would be or not. I can see how she would be peeved, because she wants to be treated like a vamp, && it sorta symbolizes something important to her, && it's sort of like Edward's leading her on. But then again, He probably feels terrible (cause Edward always feels terrible) so he's trying to make it up to her.
**Jacob Black is my fictional boyfriend**
**I was trying to sleep && close my eyes, && all I saw was you && our memories, && I wondered: do you think of me before you go to sleep, too? **
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I think that it is a little bit of both. He knows that Jacob was there for her when she wasn't and that there is just something about their relationship that Bella can't seem to let go of. He also doesn't want her getting hurt. He knows how werewolves can be. And how they can't really control themselves at time. He doesn't want Jacob to get so mad at Bella and not be able to control himself.
I think its something more. I dont think that guilt really plays a big role in their relationship. There is just something there, like i said in question one, that she can't let go of. She needs him. He was the one who put some of her heart back together. And that means a lot/
She probably isnt that happy that she has to hold her hostage. If she were in the same place she probabl wouldnt like it.
No. She could get the car whenever she wanted actually. They will always have the money, and she could go out and get one herself.
No. I didnt see the point in getting mad. He is just trying to make it more comfortable for her.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I think he is a little bit jealous, he would have to be since he can hear Jacob's thoughts regarding his feelings for Bella, so that would make him a little jealous. But on the other hand I think for the most part, he is just concerned for her safety. Everything that he knows about werewolves says they're dangerous so its hard for him to accept it when Bella says that Jacob can control himself and he's not dangerous. No one else in Edward's family feels this way either so it would be hard to feel that Bella was safe, especially when Alice can't even see them as some sort of reassurance for him.

I think I have said before, but Jacob almost seems likea drug to Bella. Its almost like she doesn't know why she needs him so much, but the feeling is very strong. I honestly think that she isn't into him in "that" way, she just has such a strong connection to him that she needs him in her life. I do think she feels a little bit guilty about leaving things with him on a bad note when she is going to be out of his life soon. I think she needs to know that he is happy and okay and doesn't hate her for her own peace of mind.

It just seems like Alice's personality. I am sure she can at least somewhat empathize with Edward, and like they said in Twilight, none of them want to face Edward if something were to happen to Bella, in fact they already know what he'd do if that happened. So I think her devotion to her family and Edward's happiness plays into why she is so adamant about Bella staying, I think she doesn't get bothered because she also feels bad for Bella too. I think she is honestly just trying to make both Edward and Bella happy.

I probably would have done it just because he is my brother and I care about his happiness, I think part of Alice must have known it wasn't just about the car, and I think Alice is a better person than to do something just for an extraordinary bribe.

Haha, I'm gonna say no here. I would be more curious, like why?? I mean sure he didn't want to sleep on the floor or the couch, but I would be wondering if there were other motives! I agree that its irritating, but I don't think I would be as mad as Bella seemed about it.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

A bit of both. He knows what jacob is thinking when they are near each other, so that would make him jelous. He also wants Bella to be safe as possible, and he doesn't think they are the safest supernatural beings to be around.

She was his friend and she doesn't want to loose him as that.

She loves Edward and has gotten so happy in seeing him happy. A safe Bella is a living Bella which means her bother is alive and happy. It may also help that she can see the future, so she could have been expecting Bella's reaction.

Just about anything.

Maybe. I would be annoyed that I was being treated like a little child, and would want to have a choice.
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Both. Always both. He's a boy. ;)

*sigh* both.

She knew it was coming, of course. And Bella will be Bella.

...Yeah. If I'm being honest. Yeah, I would have. That's a cool freaking car.

You know, I don't think so. I probably would have been consumed by an amazing rush of gratitude and I probably would have cried a little. :oops:
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
twilightcovvyyy
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightcovvyyy »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous? I think that it is a little of both. I think that he is more concerned that they are dangerous but I think that there is a part of him that is still insecure because he doesn't understand why Bella loves him even though he is dangerous so I think he is a little jealous as well.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more? I think that she misses him. I think that part of it is guilt but I also think that he was/is her best friend so of course she wants to see him.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage? Because she expected it and is getting a car in exchange for it

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car? Yep!

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why? I don't know. Probably. But I think it was a nice gesture.
"I guess I could throw in a few extra homicides, if it makes Jasper happy!
alice_is_my_homegirl

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

Oh, he is so jealous. He knows that Bella formed a special bond with Jacob in his absence.

I think she wants to remember him smiling and happy, not upset and heartbroken3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
May I quote : "This hostage stuff is fun!" Alice is just Alice and she can't remember being human, so this impromptu slumber party is a thrill for her and she's riding a high.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car? Hmmm. Anything! A yellow Porshe is an amazing car!

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why? Yes, after the initial shock wears off, I would think that Edward thinks that Iam a weakling.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

I think that he knows how mantipulative Jacob can be, and is worried that he will push Bella to do something that she wouldn't do in front of Edward (hence hold his hand)... so I guess he is jealous. He doesn't liike Bella giving any guy attension, other than her father, and thats not right. Any boyfriend would be insecure with his girlfriend hanging out with any guy alone, let alone with a guy that hhe know she is close with. He is also concern about her safety, because when an accident happens, Bella is always there and young werewolfs are unpredictable. He doesn't know about how controlled Jacob is, and how it this way, he is like Edward himself. Both of them stay in control, because they know that if they hurt Bella, then they will never forgive themselfs.

It was both. She felt guilty for leaving things so unresolved for Jacob and she wanted to make things right. Also, She knows that he is in pain, so she wants to return the favor that he has done for her in New Moon.

Maybe on some level, she agrees with Edward on how dangerous werewolfs are. Also, it could be loyalty to her family. Generally, I think that the Cullens will do anything for each other, even when they don't completely agree with it.

I don't drive so nope. :geek:

No because I hate sleeping on couches and I'd know that I wouldn't be able to be mad at Edward since he has piercing eyes. :P
CullenxLove
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

i know what im about to say, is like dumb and stuff and not answering any of the questions.
but, bella says that shes switzerland because shes trying to be neutral. when in actuality switzerland was never neutral, they actual took germanys side. sorry, i had too hah

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun