Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by openfire »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?
At first I thought it was a little weird. It would kind of be horrible in a way, cos it's like you have no control over who you fall in love with. But at the same time, the people that do imprint would have the most unbelievable connection. So it is actually pretty neat.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
I feel a little sorry for Sam having to go through all that alone and stuff. But, I dunno what it is, I just have this dislike for him! But I have to admit, knowing his story and what happened did make me feel a little more compasionate towards him and the other wolves. But I still have the niggling feeling that he just...annoys me!

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Yeah a bit, tho I can understand why he did it. It was really really horrible of Jacob to do that, but at the same time, Edward was reponsbile for what Sam saw in the woods etc. So I suppose some folk might say that Edward deserved it. But I think it was nasty!

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
I think she knows she probably shouldn't be doing it, but in a way, she doesn't think there's anything wrong with it. She has told Jacob many times how she feels, and that they can only be friends, and if Jacob still wants to see her, hold hands etc then, I figure that Bella thinks it's ok. I can see how it must be messing Jake up tho, but if he doesn't want to get mixed messages etc from Bella, then he should tell her to stop it!

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
Advantages are that they can communicate with each other when fighting etc. And that they can't hide things from one another, so that there can be no one "not into it" (sorry can't think of the word I wanted lol). Obvious disadvantage is that there is no secrets, especially the things you didn't want anyone to know, and hearing things about the others you didn't want to know!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

Love it!! How awesome would that be to know exactly who is your soulmate.. but it would really be a horrible thing if the person you imprinted on was already married or something like that.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?
I felt bad for Sam,.. going through all that and having no idea. It's surprising that he shook hands with someone,.. just because you would think he'd of been more careful not to touch people.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
No,.. the damage is already done but it was good for Edward to actually see what Bella looked like when he left her. He already feels horrible about it but now he knows how it affected everyone else.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
Bella is leading Jacob on. She has let it be clear how she feels about him and how she feels about Edward,.. but then again she also knows exactly what Jacob is feeling towards her and her refusing to break things off with Jacob is just going to hurt him more and more down the road. She's being quite selfish.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
Exactly how Jacob explained it perfectly in the book
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

It's true love.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
I already was compassionate of them before it, so it didn't change my feelings about the wolves.

Yes, I thought it was cruel. I got why he did it, but still...

YES! She should have made it perfectly clear again that she's Edward's and Edward's ONLY.

What Jake said.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

At first, I didn't really understand it. I saw it as love at first sight. It's kinda weird.

I don't know. I'm always with the vampires, the wolves don't really hold my attention too much.

As much as I love Edward, I don't think Jacob was wrong. I really couldn't believe it when Edward left. It was so stupid. So I was like: Yes, show him what he's done.

Yes! I wouldn't do it!

Advantages? Like Jacob said, it helps them coordinate. And it's kinda good because they can't speak as wolves. But GOSH! I'd hate it if someone could read my mind every time!
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Interested. It makes sense, and I do like the idea. It's not far off from how vampires find their mates, either.

I've always loved the wolves. :D

No. It's understandable, considering how much hate he has for Edward.

Yeah, a little bit. It does seem like she's leading him on...

Well, it's definitely good for them to be able to know each other's thoughts when they fight together, but it would be nice if it was something they could control -- it must be embarrassing to have to share each other's thoughts.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I was fine with it. I've read/watched enough sci-fi that it didn't seem unusual at all.

I always liked the wolves. They were trying to deal with something difficult, and protect their people at the same time.

Absolutely. It was very mean and inconsiderate, and hurt Bella as well as Edward. But he doesn't tend to think through the full implications of anything he does.

I think so. If she had a bit more life experience she would probably have realised that these were not things she should have been doing.

The disadvantages are obvious. Jake tells us the advantages, with coordination in battle and the like.
MouseyZbyszko
Settled in Forks

Post by MouseyZbyszko »

Alphie wrote:Thanks to Be My Escape for the following questions!

It's the same thing as finding your true Soul Mate 4-Life. It's something that can't be helped. Humans do it now a days, even though the term for it in today's society is not called "Imprinting" -- it's the same thing when you find your soul mate in THIS life.
Ugh, I have been in Leah's position so, I know darn good and well what it feels like. Nothing ever makes it easy so, no, I don't feel any compassion for Sam. None whatsoever :(
Nope. Like one of the above posters said already, Edward had to see what he did to Bella when he left the first time. If some guy did that to me, I'd want it etched in his brain FOR ETERNITY.....so he'll NEVER FORGET.
None whatsoever. Bella and Jacob used to make "mud pies" together when they were kids, so Jacob & she have been friends for forever and a day. Nothing that happens between them should make Bella think twice about her actions.
The advantage is, if you're in trouble and can't scream for help verbally, you can do it in your head and the others will hear you. The disadvantage is you never know when that one stray thought will pop up -- and you're busted :mrgreen:

AS AN ASIDE: On page 120, I had to LAUGH when Bella threw a fit like a 5yr old just because she was getting older and it seemed like everyone around her wasn't :D

PAGE 127: When Jacob recalled Mike Newton puking all over the place at the theater brought back memories as to what a SCHMUCK Mike is hahaha!!! That was truly one of the funniest parts of New Moon :lol: