Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by -veiled- »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?
- Although I don't believe in it, it is almost the "love at first sight" theory.

2. Does Sam's story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
- I'm sorry, but I will always be apart of the "Cullen Clan". :p

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
- How could you not think that is wrong?! Jacob showed those images out of pure jealousy that she was in love w/ a Cullen!

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
- Jacob had false hopes because of Bella. I've seen far too many people get sucked into that kind of scenario. She shouldn't have done those things. Being his friend was all that she needed to be. Promising things, and physical gestures can tell someone something ENTIRELY different.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
- The advantages are that they can never keep secrets from one another, however! The most inner secrets can be found out, too.
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

1. How do you feel about imprinting
I don't really like it. I guess I like my free will and being independant too much

2. Does Sam's story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
I've always loved the wolves, and feel so bad for them that they had their lives as they knew them twisted inside out.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
I think that it hurt Jacob's cause. Edward had already seen some of what leaving did to Bella from Charlie and Alice and his human "friends". However, I think that Edward could use a good kick in the pants every now and then,

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?
*snarls* This is one of the reasons I hate Bella. She's a cruel flirt who chooses to do what she wants with no worries about what affect it'll have on those around her. She said many times that she knew good and well what signals her words and actions were saying to Jacob, but never once did she pull away until it was far too late and he was deeply in love with her, and she with him. And to the people who said that she told him that she doesn't love him in that way, I'd love to see you get a crush on someone, and have them send you all the signals sayng that they feel the same, even when they say that you're just friends. Lets see just how well you keep yourself from falling for them even when you kow you shouldn't. Not as easy as it sounds, is it? *ends rant and ducks*

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
Pretty much the same as what everyone else has said.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

I like the idea. It's love at first sight but so much stronger...and somewhat more meaningful. Jacob's description is very sweet. It's caring about someone so much - sometimes in a romantic way, sometimes just wanting them to be happy and safe.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

I mostly felt sorry for Leah. How painful to watch your high school sweetheart fall in love with someone else before you...and have it be a close cousin. Also, to not understand the meaning/reason why the switch - that must have been agony for her. As far as Sam - I would imagine that the pain he goes through when he hurts Emily would have been virtually unbearable for him.

Well - Jacob is fighting for Bella - both for her love and her humanity. He is somewhat immature in his fight though, and by showing Edward the "image" of Bella in the forest when Sam finds her and the "image" of Bella when she showed up at Jacob's that first night in a way it helps matters because Edward then really knows what his leaving did to Bella. Edward clearly will beat himself up about it and blame himself for her pain, but he is shown that Bella truly loves him and was virtually destroyed by him leaving. Also, I think it helps (down the road) with Edward realizing that Jacob truly did help Bella and that there is a reason that Jacob and Bella have a strong tie and that Bella sees him as "family."

YES! I think it is very unfair of her...she's leading him on! Giving him hope!

Well, as Jacob says, it's convenient in a fight to be so coordinated. But, personally it would be very hard for people to know EVERY thought you have - every insecurity, every minute detail that you wouldn't share with anyone, no matter how close of a friend. I guess it leads towards complete trust though...
Poohbear29
Settled in Forks

Post by Poohbear29 »

. How do you feel about imprinting?

I think its love at first site.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

Not really, I think I understand Sam more.

Yes I do, he did it to be cruel, that was really dirty.

This is why I don’t like Bella Swan. She knew what she was doing, remember she said it would be so easy just to kiss Jacob’s bare shoulder and she knew what would happen. She doesn’t deserve Edward; to bad Victoria didn’t catch her. She is such a user, she’s using Edward and she is using Jake. I don’t really like Jake, however, Bella is the worst, and she is the cause of everything. To bad Jake didn’t get together with Leah. I wish Edward found someone else SM should have written Tanya more into the story or some other girl. I wish Edward and Jake had found someone else. She doesn’t deserve either one.

I don’t know if there is an advantage to the wolves hearing the most personal thoughts. I guess it would be good in a fight.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

The good side of it is easier to find who you are meant to be with and keep the person from all the heartbreak of trying to find that right one and avoid some pain that goes with that search.
The bad side is like what happened to Sam. He was already in love and happy then it took that away from him to. Not that he doesn't love Emily though. It also takes those feelings away that you get for having that time to fall in love. Some of those feelings are the best thing about finding that certain someone.

I liked the wolves to begin with. I did feel more compassion because they struggle with not having the choice to be what they are and it make things hard to deal with sometimes. I know how much it hurt Sam for knowing what he did because of what he is and he can't take it back. It would suck to have no choice for something like that.

I don't think he was wrong. Edward needed to see so that he could learn from his mistakes. I just think Jacob might have done it for the wrong reasons. Though I suppose if I was Jacob, I would have done it to. Jacob has been hurt over and over so I guess he thought of it as justice or something. Not completely sure.

Since she new how Jacob felt; I think maybe it was sending a wrong signal. It just let him get closer to her. I guess since she didn't realize that she was falling in love with him and that she warned him then she just didn't want to hurt his feeling by pulling away. AHHH This is a hard question to answer.

The advantages: Well it is as it was told in the book. Sharing each others thoughts make them more efficient and able to work together better.
The disadvantages: No privacy at all with some thoughts that should be private and not shared with the word. There are some things that others just don't want anyone to find out and that just sucks that it is out there. It would be hard to control what you think so yeah, it would suck.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I am not judgemental about it - it's just the way things go for them. I'm conflicted between thinking that I'd be angry not to have a choice, and being relieved to know that my feelings and his feelings would never fade and we'd always be perfect for each other.

Sam's story was definitely sad - the part about him being all alone, and so freaked out that he couldn't calm down to phase back for two weeks? I can't even imagine. It's always hard to be the pioneer in any situation. But I wouldn't say it made me more compassionate towards them - I never thought there was anything wrong with them. I never really thought they were the ones killing people, so I never had a reason not to think they were cool.

No. It was just honest. I thought it was totally normal, and fair. Not like he showed him anything that didn't happen. But...I still believe that Edward truly had Bella's best interests in mind, so I don't blame him for leaving any more than Bella does. And it's sad that Edward had to see those images when it's not like he caused that pain on purpose...he feels bad enough already. But I don't think Jacob did anything wrong.

I don't hold hands like that with any of my guy friends...so that's a little bit sketchy. Like she's treating him as boyfriend #2. I also think it's shady to see another guy friend only when the boyfriend's not around...but in the case of Edward and Jacob and the whole mortal enemies thing...it's understandable. I do think that holding hands and "I'll call you when Edward's gone" behavior sends Jacob the message that she is willing to sneak around with him, and might have led him on a bit.

Obviously it would be awful for someone to know all of the things you didn't want to say out loud. You might think something insulting about someone, and instead of keeping it to yourself, you hurt their feelings or make them angry and start a fight. And those raw emotions like unrequited love and jealousy...that would be embarrassing. But again obvious...it would be advantageous to communicate instantly.

Image Image
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Here's a version of what I said on the imprinting board:

I think imprinting is weird but fascinating. I can see what some mean about "taking away choice" and "lazy plot device." But in some ways, it makes the wolves more animalistic.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?

It made me much more compassionate toward Sam. I didn't really feel more compassion towards, say, Paul. The reason Sam keeps such control over the rest of the pack is clearer thru this story.

Yes... and no. Edward needed to see those images. He needed to witness them firsthand. The context in which Jacob showed him was wrong.

I'm such a cop-out! Yes... and no. She's told Jacob how she felt many times. But she is leading him on a bit by holding his hand and snuggling w/ him.

The main disadvantage is the lack of privacy, of course. The advantages come in knowing & understanding each other on the most personal level and in sharing ideas during hunting & fights.

Image Image Image
livelove&twilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by livelove&twilight »

1. How do you feel about imprinting? its sort of like love at first sight but stronger which i sort of belive in so i guess it would be pretty cool and much much easier than dating ahah

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not? when i first read throught the book i was too angry about jacob and bella but then i read it again (and again) and started feeling like their people too and dont really have a choice in any of it

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? definitely

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say? no i mean she always felt like doing that stuff was just friendly gestures or whatever i mean she probably shouldnt have but as long as she knew what it meant

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones? well the obvious disadvantage is knowing that everyone could hear everything your thinking about and that would be hard and an advantage is that it would mean no repeating anything
peace.love & twilight
lovin them cullen boys :D

Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

It's sad that imprinting takes away the person's choice. If it was a happy event, like with Jacob or Quil, then it's endearing, but the Sam / Emily / Leah triangle is just too sad, esp for the odd person out.

I've always felt compassion for the wolves, so his story did not really change that much in me.

it was cruel and childish, but at the same time, Edward needed to see that to know how destructive his leaving was.

Yes. I was getting frustrated with Bella for leading Jacob on.

The personal ones are just too much, there is no privacy there. Advantages are that they can communicate so well, for protection and to aid them in battle. But it's too much, esp for Leah having the male wolves see her naked.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. How do you feel about imprinting? I find it kind of weird, but it works for a fantasy book. But I wouldn't want to be imprinted on

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not? Didn't affect how I felt toward or about the wolves. I just felt more sorry for Leah

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? Yes and No. To me the only reason he did it was to be a jerk. But I think it's good in the fact that it shows how it truely hurt Bella and how bad she was w/him gone.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say? Absolutely. She does seem to lead Jacob on when she shouldn't. Even if she is afraid it'll hurt his feelings she shouldn't do it.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones? It would suck to have everyone know your thoughts. But it could be helpful in some situations
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson