Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Nature

Post by akire »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?

I certainly was! I *hate* the way Edward tries to control Bella in this first part of Eclipse. Bella needed to exert her independence.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?

I've never considered the "rightness" of this situation. She wanted to see her friend, so she went. In theory, the one she has the potential to harm the most is herself.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?

Oh. I don't know!! I can't even speculate -- the results would be catastrophic.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?

Everything would have been fine, but I don't think it would have been the best for Bella. She always would have wondered.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?

I definitely think he is human. He bleeds, he hurts, he sleeps and eats. His phasing doesn't negate his humanity.

Image Image Image
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?

Yes I was. I love her friendship and camaraderie with Jacob.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?

I think she had a right go to there and see her best friend. She could clearly see that there was no danger of Jacob hurting her.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?

it would depend. Are we talking about the Cullens here? Or just random vampires and werewolves. Are there equal numbers? If it was just random equal numbers or vampires and werewolves, I think SM's vampires would win, cos of their indestructible hard granite skin. If it was the Cullens, with their added gifts, vampires for sure.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?

No. Bella was meant to be with Edward. Even tho Jacob was slowly making her happier than normal, she is still very much broken without Edward. It would only have been a matter of time before Edward came back for her.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?

I think he is still human. He is an enhanced human, but he still has a heartbeat, blood still flows thru his veins, he can still die, etc
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why? At this point I was hoping she would get there. This is before Jacob really starts to get on my nerves & make me mad. I liked Jacob as a friend for Bella.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good? Again at this point I though it was okay. She loved Jacob as a friend and was upset that he was upset.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why? I'm going to say vampires because they're awesome, and I'm biased I love the Cullens.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why? I don't think so. Bella never would have fully gotten over Edward. And she would never be fully happy, she would always love him. (I've seen this happen w/someone I care about and it's not pleasant. It's really sad.) Plus they're love is something deeper and more meaningful than she could have w/someone else. They're soul mates they belong together.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity? No I don't. He is a werewolf and his ability to phase into something that's supernaturaly totally negates his humanity.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I was hoping Alice would stop her. Jacob can't get it through his thick head that she doesn't love him. All he seems to do when hes around her is try and get her to choose him. Jacob doesn't want whats best for Bella. He only cares about what he wants. And he doesn't realise how much pain he is putting her through, and he makes her feel worse by sobbing about how shes not with him. Hes manipulating her in a way. Making her feel sorry for him. Ugh. Jacob loves Bella, and she'd run off to go see him. Bella loves Edward and yet she doesn't see how much pain he is in by what Bella is doing with Jacob.

No, it's not right. Every time she does this, she is leaving Edward in worry and pain. Bella should care more about his pain than Jacobs. This is where I realise that Bella is being utterly selfish. Wanting too many things at once. She should just be bloody thankful that Edward is still in her life.

Vamps. Special powers, venom, speed. Nuff said.

She wouldn't be fine, she'd just be barely okay. That whole time in New Moon when she was wih Jacob and not Edward, she had that hole in herself, and she always thought of Edward. And she would start to do more dangerous things to hear Edwards voice, she could even kill herself. That hole would always be there. It wouldn't heal. Everytime she'd close her eyes, Edward would be there. She loves Edward, and she loves Jacob but not nearly as much. You cant change what your heart feels.. She would never completely be Bella again.

Hes not human. He's not human because he won't get old until he stops phasing, which I don't think will happen any time soon. His ridiculous body temperature and growth means he is not human. He partially looks like a human and has human feelings, but so does Edward, and hes not human.
Last edited by Jadey on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

I was hoping she would make it to La Push b/c I knew some things would be revealed. Also, it would add more drama between her and the Cullens..even though I am Team Edward.

No, I don't think it was right b/c she was having to go behind Edward's back, but she really didn't have another way. I don't think Bella could do any more harm..I mean Jacob would protect her.

I think vampires. I think of them as stronger..especially when you describe their skin and venom.

No, I don't think Bella would have ever snapped out of it. Also, like Edward said in New Moon it was only a matter of time before he came back.

To me, his phasing rules out his humanity, but I do see him more human than Edward.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I was definetly rooting for Bella to make it to La Push. She hasn't been allowed to see Jacob, which I think is dumb. She needs time to reconnect with her friend and catch up with him. Edward is the most important thing in her life, but Jacob also plays a vital role too because of how close they got while Edward was away.

I totally think it was right for her to dart off to La Push. If she had planned on going, Alice would have seen it and stopped her, so planning ahead was definetly out. It did harm beause Edward was really upset about it and he didn't get to eat like he needed to. However, Jacob was in a really low place and needed Bella to lean on, the way she needed him to lean on in New Moon. So yes, Edward would be mad and he'll get over it, but it did more good because she was able to help Jake a little when he really needed it.

That is a really good question, and i really have no idea lol. They are both fast and strong. Yes, the wolves would be able to literally rip apart the vampires and then burn them, but as we find out later vampire venom would kill a warewolf. So I don't know lol.

I'm totally an Edward supporter, but I do think in time everything would have been fine. Bella would always have had a place for Edward in her heart because he was her first love. However, she was already getting to the point where she could think about him and it didn't hurt as bad. Eventually (after a VERY long time, i'm sure) she would have been able to really move on. The scar of Edward would always be there, but she would have been able to get on with her life. As they say "time heals all wounds".

I think of him more as a human than a mythical creature. His heart beats and eventually he could give up being a warewolf and go back to being completely human.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I wanted Alice to stop her. But that would be because I didn't want her to go there. Maybe Bella needed to go, but..

I didn't want her to go to La Push. It would hurt Edward and make him anxious knowing that he can't cross the line and go get her. And for Jacob's sake as well. It is not right to go to him, knowing that he wants so much more than she does. But I can also see that she needed to see Jacob. So it's difficult. But personally, I did not want her to spend that much time in La Push.

The Cullens would win. They are very strong, and they fight for eachother. It also takes a lot to kill vampires. I think several wolves would have to fight to kill even one vampire, leaving the other vampires free to attack. And the Cullens would have the advantage of Alice and Edward, so they could foresee the moves that the pack would make.

No, it would not work out the way Jacob wanted it to. Bella was broken when Edward left, and she never would have healed completely. She might be able to be ok in life and give Jacob a piece of her heart, but the largest part of her would still belong to Edward. And she would be wanting and waiting for Edward throughout her life. And Edward was coming back anyway. He couldn't manage to stay away anymore.

No, I don't see him as human. He seems to think that he's more human than Edward. And Jacob states that he didn't choose to become a werewolf, but, as Bella points out, Edward did not choose to be a vampire either. You can't use that as criteria for humanity. And having a heartbeat, does not make him human to me. He grows so fast, he doesn't age and he's running a temperature. He changes shape, and that makes him non-human. What is human about both Edward and Jacob is their personalities and their emotions.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

The first time I read this book I wanted Alice to stop her the second time I read it I wanted her to make it. I think for sure Alice at least try to stop her. The first time I didn't think it was worth pissing off Edward but after reading the rest of the book and book 4 I understand her and Jacobs relationship better

She has every right to see Jake He is her Best Friend he made her feel better when no one else but Edward could have. The only harm that would have been done would be if Edward came after her.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why? That depends I guess on who is fighting who. I think Edward against Jacob. Edward would win. 7 vamps against 6 wolves the vamps would win. Even if Carlisle and Esme didn't want to fight the would to save they're family. Once they meet in the field and there are 10 I think the vamps would win. There would have to be at least 2 wolves to 1 vamp. Then more for Edward since he can hear what they're going to do next.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why? No she would never be all his. She gave to much to herself to Edward. It was like he had died even with time she would not have been able to give that part of her away. They could have been together and he could have been happy, she would have been able to enjoy life with him but there would have been a part of her still in love with him that hurt when ever Jake wasn't around.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity? I don't think he is talking about it that way. He's trying to say that Edward has no conscience which Bella knows he does. That Edward is not the same as he was before her was changed to a vampire. I think his personality is. He is still the Edward of 1918 just stronger with no heart beat. He did not allow the blood lust to destroy his conscience. But I guess he's more "mammal" than a vampire.
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I kind of wanted her to, because I knew it was perfectly safe and she would have to see him again eventually. I also wanted her to forget about Jake and let him get over it and get over it herself, but obviously she wouldn't do that
She did need to see Jake. He was depressed, and they're best friends. She did do harm by worrying Edward, but she did more good by helping Jake.
There would be losses on both sides. The vampires have talents to help on the offensive though, such as Edward's and Alice's and the advantage that Jasper has been fighting for a long time. The Cullens would lose some too, but I think they would win.
Everything could have been fine, I think Bella would have given in and ended up not-miserable with Jake. Things could have been good, but Edward would have been back eventually, and the sooner the better.
I think he's still human. It's part of their tribe to change into wolves. It's shapeshifting. He may be different at times, and have not-so-human characteristics, but he still has blood and is alive, and I think he's human. Just with some extra stuff thrown in..
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Alphie wrote:1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?

That Alice would stop her.

no, and yes

Vampires. They are faster, and can go places where a wolve can not.

No, he would never have Bella's heart completely
I think he is about as human as Edward is.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001