Chapter 4 ~ Nature

Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Nature

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
I was hopping that she made it to LaPush to see Jacob and at the same time I was wishing she got caught so that she wouldn't get into a fight with Edward over that. I don't know what's happening to me when it comes to Edward I would want to avoid conflict at all costs but when it comes to real life I tend to be feisty and don't give in that easily, I don't mind confrontation.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?
To her and Jacob's relationship I doubted it I knew that they were going to work things out eventually. I thought that it was going to be bad for her's and Edward's relationship.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?
I don't know I would say the Vampires because they have some advantages, like Edward,Alice, and Jasper and that gives them the upper hand.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?
No I don't think that everything would be fine, I think that's what he hoped for, but Bella would always pine for Edward even if she decided to go on with her life. She would still be hunted by the life that escaped her so happiness would never come.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?
He is still human and it's his human side that dominates his animal side so yes he is as human as anyone.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
i was hoping she would make it to la push, and for alice not to be too hard on her.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?
i dont think it was right, but i dont think it was wrong. it wasnt hurting anyone, but she was being risky...

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?
vampires, they have extra powers.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?
maybe, if bella and jacob had ended up together, i would consider that a happy ending!

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?
thats hard to say. but for the most part, yes!
Betting on Alice.
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I was rooting for her.

Yeah he's her firend, and more harm

Oh that's hard, but I'm gonna have to say vampires, beacause of their special powers.

No, certain things can nver be fixed.

Phasing negates his humanity.
**Kathryn**
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I was hoping she made it, but I wasn't sure if she would cos of Alice. It was one of those times when you read it and you're heart races with Bella as she was racing to LaPush. Very exciting!

Yeah I think it was right cos I think she should be able to go see Jake if she wants. Althought it will cos Edward to be mad at her, but I think he knows that Bella does need to see Jacob eventually. But Edward will forgive her so it's all good.

Vampires. Especially the Cullens, with Jaspers calming thing and Edward's mind reading, so they would be able to play the fight to their advantage I think. But I may be a little biased cos I like the vampires more then the wolves so I think I would want them to win.

No I don't think so. Like Bella said, Edward would have came back for her, even if she hadn't jumped off the cliff. And I don't think Bella could have lived forever without Edward, no matter how much Jacob helped her. Edward and Bella need each other too much!

I think he is more human than Edward, but I wouldn't nessassarily call him "human". I think Bella was right to call him not human in this chapter cos Jacob was being really nasty to her!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

Rooting for her! She needed to see Jacob. It was a sign when she saw those flyers,.. it was meant to be.

Jacob's in pain right now,.. and she loves him. He helped her out so much when she was in pain.

Vampires. They have extra abilities,.. plus.. it just seems like they would. I imagine the whole hands things works out pretty good for them too.

Yes,.. Bella was beginning to heal. She never would have fully gotten over Edward, but Jacob would have been the right person to keep her distracted,.. plus she loved him.

No.. phasing definitely makes you not human. I mean technically,. yes he is a human,.. but with the phasing thing,.. he more than average abilities like sight and hearing and so on
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I was hoping Bella would make it.

I thought she was absolutely right. I got how Edward and Alice were worried for her, but she just spent several months there, which proves she'll be save.

No clue, but I'm rooting for the vampires.

No, Bella, would still have that hole in her soul. She could become happy though.

No, he isn't human.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

As a Team Edward member, I really didn't mind if Bella went to La Push or not. The most time she spends with Edward, the better. But it didn't surprise me that she was going to find a way to see Jacob, like sneaking out.

I think it was right, because she was really worried about his pain, and she missed him a lot. I didn't think she was in any danger at all, because of New Moon. And I also didn't think that Jacob would kick her out his house, so I think it was right.

Umm, I'm with the vampires, but I guess it's a tie or something.

Maybe, maybe not. After all, Bella was kind of healing, but I guess she'd never get over Edward.

Yes, I consider him human. If I could phase like him, I'd still say I'm a human.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Definitely rooting for Bella. The fight was silly, and Bella deserved to see her friend.

Yes! Again, she deserved it. Jacob is her best friend!

I think the werewolves would win. They were made specifically to kill vampires, after all. The werewolves can all hear each other in their minds, so they can synchronize perfectly... The vampires' special powers are kind of random.

Yeah, I think so. If Edward didn't come back, Bella may have been fully healed with Jacob, and would have finally been happy. Edward's coming back only complicated the war between werewolves and vampires, and made things more confusing for Bella.

Yes, I do consider him human.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No, I wanted Alice to stop her. I didn't want her to want to see Jacob enough to deceive anyone.

I think she should have thought more about why she wanted to see Jacob the way she does.

It would depend on many different variables, like who was fighting and why.

It would be - from his point of view, and that's the only point of view he's capable of seeing. He is hopeless at empathising, and is very narrow minded. He only ever trusts his own judgement.

No, I think he is clearly beyond human. As Bella says, real humans don't throw cars around and run around as a giant wolf. I think she's right to make the Mike Newton comparison. I wonder what Jake would have done if she said she was going out with Mike.
MouseyZbyszko
Settled in Forks

Post by MouseyZbyszko »

Alphie wrote:1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
I was DEFINITELY rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush. She's not some piece of "property" or some little "toy" that Edward can control.
Bella was perfectly with in her right to see Jacob. She proved all through out New Moon that she was well protected and well looked after by Jacob and his "pack". She's never in any danger when she's with Jacob's family.
It's anybody's game. The Wolves proved when they bite and clamp down hard enough, they can tear a Vampire to pieces ( like they did to Laurent in New Moon ). But also, according to Jasper, during the "training", he warned the Volves not to turn their back, otherwise a Vampire could get their arms around a Wolve's neck and kill him.
No, I think he was only lying to himself. Once you find your soulmate, nothing can deter you.....nothing
His "phasing" negates it. The same way Edward isn't human. So both Edward & Jacob lose on this point :hello: