Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Nature

Post by Twilightlover101 »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
I didn't know what to think. I was hoping she would be able to talk to her best friend yea, but not in that way. Because everyone deserves a second chance.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?
Well she really needed to see her best friend. Yes, but that's just bella doing more harm than actual good.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?
Vampires, because though werewolves recover quickly it still takes time especially if its a severe injury, so all the vampire has to do is keep attacking.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?
No, because Bella, no matter how hard she tries, will never forget him and would one day go looking for him.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?
Nope, he's not human until he stops phasing. In my opinion.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
I was desperately hoping Alice would stop them. When Bella described Alice's face when she saw Jake and his motocycle, i felt really bad for her. She only wants to do her job and have a nice, fun couple of days with Bella.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?No, I thought it was really childish and immature of her. First of all, ditching school just to be with some guy?!? I mean, grow up already, Bella. Plus, she was hurting Alice, and not to mention Edward, as well.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?
Vamps. More strength, better senses, more limbs to fight with, better abilities, more experience...the list goes on.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?
I dont think everything would've been fine, improved yes, but not completely fine. He was just deluding himself.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?
No, he is definately not human. I was surprised and a bit disgusted when he said that line.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I'm glad that she made it to La Push. I think that sometimes people need their friends, no matter what anyone else thinks. Jacob has seen her through a BAD part of her life, he basically brought her back to humanity. I'm glad that Alice didn't even try to stop her. Maybe she knew that it would happen...

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?
I think it was just fine. I think that Jacob is her friend and I know that I would stop at nothing to see my friends if I thought they needed me, or if I needed them. She's Bella, harm follows her. Danger Magnet, remember.

I think the vampires would win. It says in the books that all it takes is for a vampire to bite a werewolf and it poisons them. You have to rip a vampire apart and burn them to kill them.

I think in his mind that he thought it would be. But, it wouldn't be. Bella would never settle for second best and I don't think that Jacob could stand to be second best. Edward would always be on her mind. True love never goes away.

I don't consider Jacob to be human. I think the fact that he can morph into a giant werewolf negates it. I agree with Bella when she said that Jacob is Jacob, Edward is Edward, and she is Bella... Nothing else matters.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
jovialmadness
Settled in Forks

Post by jovialmadness »

I wasn't rooting because I'm not the biggest Jacob fan, but it would make sense she'd want to spend time with him. After all, he did get her through the nightmare of being abandoned.

In a romantic way, sure, but they're also best friends so that is hard to overlook as well.

Both are very skilled at what they do, so I really don't have any idea.

Nah, he's just thinking that way because how he feels. Bella felt completely different and admitted that getting with Jacob would benefit him more than her.

I don't think phasing or being a vampire or anything can negate humanity. Look at Carlisle: he's by proper definitions a monster but he also one of the most humane in the series. Like he said, it's about choices and making the best out of what you're given. These by all intents and purposes certainly define humanity. As an aside, I can't say enough how much I freaking love Carlisle!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Okay, just how sexy is Edward here when he says to Bella, "Of course, you know that I'm willing to make it between you and me at any time that you wish. You know my condition." SERIOUSLY! :D

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why? I was cheering her on! Why? I know that the wolves and vamps are mortal enemies, but they aren't dangerous to Bella.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good? Honestly, all of her talking to Edward about this was doing no good; he was dead-set against her going to LaPush. Hmm, Edward doesn't like things that cause Bella pain; her broken friendship with Jake was causing her pain, so you'd think he'd let her make amends.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why? Seriously? Cullens, hands down!! They are older and have more fighting experience. All the wolves in the pack are young; they may have strength on their side, but the vamps have strategy and experience on theirs... of course, I'm Team Edward, so I'm partial. :lol:

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why? Ooo, I don't like this question. Jacob knew how much Bella loved Edward before he left her. Jacob knew he couldn't replace that for Bella by being there for her. In my opinion, they would both be settling if they ended up together- Bella would be settling because she could never love Jacob with the same fire and passion as she loved Edward; Jacob would be settling for someone who didn't love him the way he loved her. I do not think everything would have been okay...Victoria was still after Bella, and that was causing problems.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity? Yes, compared to Edward, he is human. He may be super-strong, but he has a heart and is alive.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

I wanted Bella to get to La Push. Jake is her Best Friend, and she needs to see him, plus he needs her. He is in terrible pain because of Bella leaving him for edward. He was a big part of her life for several months and just because Edward is back and being his over protective self doesn't mean he can just lock her away from Jake.

It wasn't the brightest idea, but it was the right thing to do. She could have done more harm (with her luck) but luckily Edward was smart enough to not intrude into La Push. Then again it wouldn't have been Bella's fault, it would have been Edwards, for being too jumpy and impulsive. *sigh* for being such a stud muffin, Edward can be such a control freak. *sigh*

I think the vampires would win out. The werewolves would give them a run for their money, but I think in the end it would be the Cullens. The Cullens are much older and experienced, and heck they have Jasper as their commander. Who can beat that??

No. Everything would have been okay, but Bella would have never been truely happy being with Jake. She would have been happy enough, but Edward was her true love, and Jake could never replace that. Jake knows this. I think eventually it would get to Jake that he could never be the true love of Bellas life. How hard would it be to live like that? Knowing that the person that you love above anything else will never feel the same about you, and have to live with that every day of your life knowing that they are still not over that first love. That would be pretty heart wrenching to me. So atfirst it would seem everything would have been okay, but in the end it wouldn't have been.

I'm sorry, no matter what Jake says he isn't human. Yea he might have a heart beat, but dude...... he turns into a big fuzzy werewolf. What is human about that? phasing definetly negates his humanity. *Sorry Jake* :(
_SteF_
Settled in Forks

Post by _SteF_ »

Yes i've grown fond of their friendship filled with warmth fun n smart alecness-ness.

Yes and no.. She missed her best friend so thats enuf of a reason for me.

It would be a good show.. but my money would be on the vamps.

From jacob's side yes. When he and Bella were together they seemed to be saving each other from everything else in life. Jacob liked being that crutch for her. That feeling of being fully needed is gone with Edward back.

Yes.. the heart he puts into everything and everyone he cares bout shows that he's human in all sense of the word.
Twilove

Post by Twilove »

Even though i hate Jacob i was rotting for her because he is her bestfriend and whats so wrong with seeing him he never out her in any danger before so i really dont see why Edward was so worried but then again Edward is a worry wart

Yeah what would it have hurt

Umm i think it depends on how good of fighters the vampires are and how many there are if there experianced and cunning like the Cullen's than i think that they would win or definetly come close because when werewolves fight there all about the initial adrenaline rush and the excitment when vampires fight they have stradegy and actually think about it

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?No he really is just jelous because Bella dosent love him that much and Jacob is very selfish i think and dosent understand that Bella needs Edward to survive

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?oh i think hes human just a hybrid with all the wolfy stuff
Maddi
Settled in Forks

Post by Maddi »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to La Push or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
I wanted her to get to La Push. She needed to clear things up with Jacob, they have to be friends.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to La Push to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?
I think it was right, he is her best friend and they have an awesome relationship (when they aren't fighting)

Vampires, after Jasper's trained them up. I don't want the Cullen's or the La Push werewolves to get hurt though. =[

No, if Edward had never come back, Bella would have eventually harmed herself severely or perhaps even killed herself with the kind of things she did to bring back the "hallucinations".

I agree that he is human, up until he phases and then he becomes a werewolf. He is not always human, not always a werewolf. Unlike the vampires, who are always vampires.
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I was rooting for her to make it there. I think she should be able to go see Jacob.
Yes, it was right for her to go. She couldnt do any hard. Going there would be good for her and Jacob.
I kind of think that the Werewolves would win. Only because they took down Laurent. Though, it probably took them all to be able to do it. Maybe it would be like a tie.
Yes. Bella would have probably realized that she was in love with Jacob, and would have ended up staying with him. She would be able to see him a lot more too.
I still think he is human. His blood still runs through his veins, his heart still beats, he grows, he changes. Just like a human would.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]