Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Nature

Post by lag28wa »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
Haha! At first I was thinking "Ohh, this is a bad idea!" but when she started driving, I was hoping she would make it, all the while thinking "This is bad, this is bad!" But I really wanted to see what would happen when she got to La Push, if Jacob would be mean to her or not. I wanted to see how things would play out between the two of them. And I was curious about Bella's feelings for Jacob, but I didnt want her to like him too much! I was a little worried that Edward/Alice's feelings would be pretty hurt though because she defied them :(

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?
I worried she could do more harm than good, but I understood her reason for needing to go. In my opinion Eclipse is the book where we see the most selfishness from Bella. She needs to go to see Jacob smile again and to make things okay so she can feel alright about the way things are with him if she never sees him again after becoming a vampire. I think part of her subconscious may be trying to show her how much she loves Jacob also. And this is what I was worried about doing harm. I knew that going to La Push was probably going to hurt Edward, and I thought that wasn't fair to him. But like I said, on the other hand I can understand Bella's reasons! What a bind to be in. I have no idea how I would handle something like that.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?
Hmm, I have never seen the werewolves as vulnerable to the vampires as Bella seems to. She is always worried about their strength and speed since she has seen it in action. But when Jacob says that werewolves are designed to kill vampires in the last book, I don't worry about them getting hurt around Victoria. I think it'd be a pretty close match because the werewolves have size and number on their side, and they certainly have strength as well. The vampires seem to have the edge on special skills like Alice and Edward's as well as something intellectual going on. Like Stephenie says, the vampires seem pretty outfitted for a battle of wits. I guess I am inclined to say vampires because I just thing they'd find someway to trick the werewolves to their advantage.

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?
Hmm, this was an interesting thought. I don't think everything would necessarily be fine. Yes Bella seemed to be falling for Jacob at least beginning to accept his feelings for her enough to try to see if her feelings might be the same some day. I don't think her heart would have allowed that. I think that after time her heart would long for him so much, since he's her one true love that it might make a rift in Bella and Jacob's relationship. And we do know that Edward would have come back anyways. And I think that it would have been more painful for all parties involved if Edward suddenly showed up in Forks and Bella and Jacobs romantic relationship had deepened.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?
I guess I do consider him human, but when we find out later that they don't age as long as they are phasing often, that makes me think he is less human. I think he is more of a hybrid. Where as there is nothing human about the vampires I think of Jacob and the other wolves as half human, half wolf.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?
I was rooting for her to make it. I want her to be able to talk to her best friend, to whom she owes her life and her sanity. It's not fair that she can't... not fair to her or to Jake.

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good?
I don't know. I'm glad she went, but I'm sure that if she had just made Edward listen, and told her just how much Jacob means to her (granted, this might have hurt him a little....) he would have let her go, and we would be able to avoid him getting angry with her.

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why?
Oh, no. I don't like this question. I'd have to say the vampires. They're more skilled in what they do... they've been this way much longer. But then again, the wolves have an incredible will to win. I don't know... do I really have to choose?

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why?
I think she would have gotten to a certain point when she realized that she could survive. She would have realized that she could be happy with Jacob. But I don't think that hole in her heart ever would have gone away. She would always hurt just enough to keep her wondering.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity?
Jacob is just as much a human as Edward is... which to say, he isn't at all. They both used to be human, but they're not anymore.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
twilightcovvyyy
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightcovvyyy »

1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why? I wanted Bella to go to La Push. Jacob is not my favorite character but I do like him and I think Bella should be able to spend time with him... I don't like the fact that Edward had Bella kidnapped though, even if it was for her own good...

2. Do you think it was right for Bella to dart off to LaPush to see Jacob? Could she do more harm than good? Yes I do think it was right. And I think that if she got hurt it would have been really bad but I think it did her good and that it did Jacob good for her to go down there...

3. Who do you think would win in a real, full out fight between the werewolves and vampires? Why? I really have no idea... each of them has a strength and a weakness...

4. Do you think Jacob was right in assuming that everything would be fine had Edward not come back into Bella's life? Why? Yes, because Bella was finally going to give in in New Moon until Edward came back. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he did but I believe it would have been ok if things went the other way to... Not as good and not the best thing for Bella herself but I think she would have been ok.

5. Do you consider Jacob "human" in the sense that he means he is human? Or does his phasing negate his humanity? Yes I consider him human
"I guess I could throw in a few extra homicides, if it makes Jasper happy!
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

I wanted Bella to make it to La Push because after all that Jacob has helped her through, she own him a decent explaination for everything that happened and he needed her.

Yes, he needed her but I don't think he was right that Bella told Jacob all about the Cullens powers. She can't be loyal to both sides when they are enemies.

ha... there wouldn't be a fight.... Jasper would calm it down before it got to that point ;)

No Victoria would still have came after Bella with or without Edward

yeah he's human.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I was rooting for Bella, I wanted this friends with wolves and dating a vampire thing to work out for her, because it's what she wanted.

Yes, it's what she wanted to do.

I don't want to think about this. :(

No, Edward fully admitted he was almost ready to come back to check on her.

He's not human either.
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

No, not really although I thought it was kind of annoying that she wasn't allowed to go there.

No, because he's dangerous and she thinks she's invincible pretty much. It proved she could do more harm even though it's not entirely her fault.

Vampires =)

Everything would have been fine but when he is in her life, she's more than fine. Why try to get by with the minimum amount of happiness?

No, I don't think he is, just like a vampire isn't, to a certain extent at least.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

I wanted her to make it to LaPush, i really liked Jacob as a friend for her, she really needed to see him and he really needed to see her. Bella should be allowed to make her own choices, as long as she's not cliff diving during a hurricane or anything, i think she'll be fine.

I don't think she should have to sneak off to see Jacob, I believed it would harm her relationship with Edward.

I believe vampires would win because they seem to be a teensy bit stronger than werewolves and a little more skilled.

No, I don't think everything would have been all right in Bella and Jacob's relationship because, Bella and Edward are really meant to be, Edward said so himself, that he was very close to returning to Forks.

No, i dont technicly consider him a human, because humans can't transform into gigantic wolves, I consider someone like Charlie or Mike Newton a complete human. But not being "human" doesn't mean you don't have humanity, the Cullen's have humanity by chosing their vegitarian lifestyle, and the Quilettes, have humanity by becoming werewolves to protect the humans.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. Were you rooting for Bella to make it to LaPush or were you hoping that Alice would stop her? Why?

1)I did not have a problem with her going to La Push. Since she wanted to go that badly, well, let her go.

2)Personally, I found Bella a bit ridiculous in this book about everything Jacob and La Push. Yes, she could have done harm, but it did not happen.

3)Vampires. Their speed and strength had the edge, but it woudl have resulted in majority of both sides being totally destroyed - so not worth it.

4)From his stand point - maybe. But he knew deep down that he would never be enough for Bella and where Bella's heart was.

5)He's human. He has a magical ability that is genetic that allows him to shape-shift into a wolve, but he is still human and can age, forw old and die eventually if he stops phasing.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I wanted her to make it to La Push. I love Jake and those two needed to see each other. And if this was the only way, then so be it.

Jake wants to see Bella more than anything else. Of course it was right for Bella to go see him. Even if it was just to have an officail good0bye (which I thought was the reason she was going), he was still owed that.

I don;t know... Maybe the vamires. They seem like they would win in a fight. But the wolves easily killed Laurent. But, still, I think in an all out fight, the Cullens would win.

I agree, but I don't think it was right. Everything would have eventually worked out, but now that Edward is back, he should have just kept his mouth shut on the subject.

I think Jake is more human than the Cullens, but I also think that he is not completely human. The transformation has to have some effect on his humanity, though not as big of one as vampirism is for the Cullens.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I was hoping Alice would stop her. I didn't really like Jacob in this book; I thought he was getting in the way of Edward and Bella's relationship.

-Yes, I do think she was wrong. She could definetly do more harm then good without meaning to. If she said something that accidently set Jake off and he hurt Bella it would turn into a war between the Cullens and the werewolfs.

-Vampires. They're faster, stronger and are just less vunerable in general.

-No I don't. Even if Edward hadn't come back, Bella would still always be missing him and incomplete without him. She would never be happy and it would just go on like that until she finally couldn't take it anymore.

-I still think Jacob is a human, to an extent. When he's in human form, I think of him as a human. But, when he changes into a werewolf it does definetly negate his humanity, to me at least.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight