Re: Chapter 3 ~ Motives

Post by Kimmygirl23 »

so sorry, never mind, I know the awnser. it's in chapter 5 :oops:
~TEAM EDWARD~
Ellie
Settled in Forks

Post by Ellie »

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.

I can think of one he probably couldn't do anything about. :twisted:

A chink in the construction of the fuselage gives out suddenly during a high-altitude, nighttime flight over the wintry north Atlantic Ocean. In an instant, foreseeable by nobody, the plane rips to pieces in mid-air at 560 mph. Passengers, some still strapped into their seats, scatter for miles all over the night sky. Some of them would be already have been killed by the break-up of the plane (impact of debris), but most would be facing a terrifying descent to the freezing water below, if they even survived long enough to fall all the way. They'd probably pass out in moments and die of exposure to the thin, icy atmosphere at that altitude.

Unlike the others, Edward would be able to hear and feel the defective panel tweaking just before it gives out, but that would only give him enough time to realize what was about to happen. He'd easily be able to gather up Bella and shield her, and perhaps a few others, from any debris as the plane ripped apart. As fast as he is, he could possibly maneuver through the air to gather some of the scattered passengers... but what's he going to do with them, even if he could prevent them from hitting the ocean at fatal velocity? He can't warm them up. He can't give them oxygen or change the atmospheric pressure. How's he going to save anybody in that situation- even Bella?

I feel so evil. :twisted:

As far as I can see, the only chance he'd have to save her would be biting her.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
I'm not really into sci-fi so I don't know anything to recommend. It would've been funny if Renee liked the Host though. :)

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?
No, I was with Bella and thought that he was just checking to see if she as still alive.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
I was surprised but it amused me. I guess it was Emmett's fault, but he still did it for the right reason. Maybe Paul should have realized that.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
Bella and Renee are closer in a way than Charlie and Bella. You can feel how Bella can talk about more things to Renee than she can with Charlie.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
Errrr ... Let me think ... They are sitting in a plane when suddenly a couple of aliens crash into them with their spaceship. When the plane and the spaceship crash into each other, there is an immediate explosion. :? Oh, and Edward can't read the minds of the aliens. That's an important factor here.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book? Too early for the Host. I don't really read sci-fi so I don't know.

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling? Yeah.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault? A bit of mutual really. Paul should've said something before attacking and Emmett should have paid attention.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3. Renee seems much more open and more like a friend but Charlie is like a parent.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of. Geese fly into the engine. Well, everyone lived for that one so I guess Edward can just relax. (that's in reference to the plane crash on the Hudson that happened a few days ago)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
- I'm not really into Sci-Fi, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was The Host.

- At first, I thought he just missed her.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
- Paul has the temper! I think he was at fault.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
- Bella's relationship w/ her mom has always been stronger, but she has definitely grown attached to Charlie.

- Edward can get out of anything scenario! I luv that man! *sighs*
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I don't know. I don't read many sci-fi books. So I can't recall one in particular. I bought the host and still haven't read it yet. I am still too much into twilight to read anything else at the moment.

Yeah I kind of figured he was calling to see if she was still human. But I think it was also cause he missed her. And to make sure she was going to school. It was all three I think.

Not much of a surprise. With Paul's temper it was to be expected sooner or later if they were there together. I think they were all crazy for almost fighting. I think it was smart of Sam and Carlisle to say that stopping Victoria was more important than a feud.

You can tell the difference in each of their relationships. Bella is closer to her mom and they know each other better. It seems awkward between Charlie and Bella but you can still see the love.

There is another vampire that found out Edward and Bella were on the plane and threatens to kill everyone including Bella. Though it has to be more than one vampire. And of course the passanger's don't know there are vampires aboard.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I wouldn't know - don't read much sci-fi. I don't even really know what falls into that category besides star trek... :oops:

I immediately thought it was to find out if she was still human. I only had the slightest inkling that he would try to meet her thereand talk to her...but I did NOT realize that it would actually be because he wanted to speak to Edward. I don't know how anyone could know that - we had no idea there had been a fight over the weekend until Jacob mentioned it to him at school.

I don't think anyone was. I'm not a fan of Paul's temper, so I'm more inclined to blame him for overreacting, but they were both fighting the same battle, while trying to respect the treaty. I don't think it was anyone's fault.

Well, she hides things from both of them. But with Charlie, she is more upfront about making sure that Charlie tolerates Edward, defending their relationship to him. With her mom, she spent the whole trip trying to hide her feelings, and downplay the relationship. I found that interesting - I would have thought she'd confide more, since her mother is so accepting. But I suppose it was a defense mechanism because of how unbelievably perceptive her mom is.

Oh man - I loved that note-passing scene. Um...I think Bella pretty much thought of the worst one - if his solution is to jump out of the plane. The only thing I can't imagine him getting out of would be if the plane actually crashed into another plane unexpectedly while in the air.

Image Image
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Er... His Dark Materials?

Nope. I just thought he didn't like Bella going out of town with Edward.

Again... nope! If any members of those two groups would get into it it was bound to be those two! I think it was all a misunderstanding -- Emmett didn't think he was crossing line and Paul thought it was deliberate.

Ooh... good one! In Chapter 2 when Charlie is trying to be the parent Bella rebels and argues in a clearly "teenage" way. In Chapter 3 when Renee is trying to be the parent, Bella is more condescending to her.

Umm... was Bella's scenario over water? My worst case scenario would be a plane crash over water!

Image Image Image
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Hm... I'm not really into sci-fi books. Maybe The Host will be the first one I like, I'm buying it this week.

No, I just thought he was being his usual erratic self

Not at all haha! Those 2 were the prime people I would have thought would have a show down! I'm biased cos I love Emmett and the Cullen, and Paul's character is annoying, so I'm gonna say Paul :D

Bella can relax more with Charlie as he mostly leaves her alone. While she is closer to Renee, she feels more exposed with her mom.

I'm not good at this...Hmmm ... I'm thinking of the show LOST. Where the plane breaks in half and each half falls on a different part of a remote island.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book? I have no idea. I'm not much into sci-fi so I can't recommend anything.

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling? I had no idea.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault? A little bit. But after Edward's explation it makes sense to me. I think they both contributed.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3. Bella is closer to her mother and with Charlie it's more akward.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of. Ummm I have no idea.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson