Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Chapter 3 ~ Motives

Post by Jadey »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
The only Sci-fi book I know of is the host, so maybe Renee read that hehe

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?
I had no idea. I just thought it was Jacob being his clingy, annoying self. I maybe thought that something was going to happen at her school.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
Paul seems to get angry over nothing, like in New Moon. But knowing Emmett, he probably got excited and wanted a fight, so he wouldnt've stopped it.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
The mother-daughter bond is stronger and relaxed so its more natural she felt better around her than with Charlie. Charlie is awkward, and hes her dad, so I understand.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
The plane is either going to crash into a crowd of werewolves. If he gets out before it crashes into them, then he would be escaping into ocean of Bellas blood. What does he do there? <-- Not intended to sound sick,
Last edited by Jadey on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
I have no idea what she was reading.

Not at all lol. I thought he was just ready to forgive Bella and wanted to talk to her.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
I was surprised to hear about the fight. I think the wolves needed to relax a little. The Cullens were after the same thing the wolves were after. Besides, as we seen in New Moon, Paul has a bit of a temper so I have a feeling hes the one that overreacted first.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
Charlie and Bella have more of a parent child relationship. Charlie wants to tell her what to do, and he expects her to do it. Bella on the other hand, being a teenager, loses her temper and freaks out when Charlie tells her she can't go to Florida. Bella and Renee have more of an equal relationship. Renee talks to Bella as more of a best girlfriend than a mother and a daughter. And Bella seems to be the brains behind that relationship, she talks her mother out of believing there is anything off about Edward.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
haha Ok, a flock of birds fly into an engine and the only place to land a plane is in the middle of a lake. Or, pilots have been poisoned and are dead, the oxygen is running out, and the plane has been tampered with and can't land! Yea I watch too much tv lol.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I never put much thought into this one..and I don't read sci-fi.

No, this one slipped past me..lol.

No, they both seem to 'jump' the line in terms of fighting. I would think Paul is at fault b/c he is too quick tempered.

Renee is much more open and doesn't get embarrassed easy. Also, she sees almost to the core of things.

I loved the note passing scene!!!! I would say Bella thought of a pretty darn good one!!! Plane is heading towards a building and Edward lands the plane all the while w/ Victoria on the plane threatening to kill everyone and Edward still remains to keep vampires undercover and he saves everyone. lol.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Don't know any Sci-Fi books. So have no idea.

I thought that he was calling to make sure that she was still human. I had no idea that he wanted to talk to Edward.

I was surprised that the Cullens and the werewolves were on the same trail. But when they were, I'm not surprised that Emmett and Paul got into a fight. I think both of them were at fault actually.

She can be more open about her feeling with her mother than with Charlie. But at the same time, she is more stressed since her mother is more aware then Charlie. So I think in the long run that she prefers Charlie.

My imagination is far to limited for this.. Edward would find a way out of anything. Loved this part in the book.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

Probably the Host. Some sort of invasion of the body snatchers. I've not read many sci-fi romances. But I love The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling? I thought it was because he was checking to see if she had "changed" just as Bella had. But I didn't think it mad sense because why would she had come home if she was a vampire.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault? No there both hard guys. They are both at fault. They should have been working together from the very beginning then Bella would have never been in danger from the newborns.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3. It's a lot like my relationship with my parents. My mom is my best friend very loving talk everyday she knows when something is wrong with me. My dad is more quiet we do joke around a lot but he's not all up in my business.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of. HMM The first thing that popped into my head that there was not plane crash Bella just freaks out and jumps out of the plane.
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

It'd be awesome if it was The Host of some vampire or werewolf thing. Like she just happened to pick up something like that..and relate it to her daughter...hahahahhahaaa!!!
I don't know why I try to answer these. Every other question I either don't remember or I didn't try to predict, so I have no answer!! I probably just thought. 'Weird, well, we'll find out soon. Whatev.'
I wasn't really that surprised, because, come on, Emmett and PAUL!? What do you expect? Nobody's really at fault. Werewolves chase evil vamp. Good vamps chase evil vamp. They run into each other. Accident.
With Charlie it's awkward...it's not as awkward with Renee, but for once she has things she can't tell Renee.
They are landing and all of a sudden the plane quickly dips down and hits the ground...the entire thing's in huge flames within a second.
Good luck, Edward.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

the host!!! i'd like to read he review on that one!! :lol:

no, i was surprised he called at all.

i dont really know. but, i'd guess pual because of his personality.

she seems to have a different relationship with both of her parents.

i've watch too much tv to be seious! :lol:
Betting on Alice.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I would say Salem's Lot and The Tommyknockers from Stephen King are really good, and I guess The Host too I've heard it was good I should check it out myself.

not really, I thought that he just came to his senses and wanted to talk to Bella.

I was a little bit surprised of the event's that happened with the Cullen's and the Pack but it was bound to happen. I knew it wasn't Emmett's fault because even though he loves to fight he has more sense and Paul is too quick to jump the gun even if the wind is just blowing a little to hard.

Charlie and Bella are too alike as she has said before so they like to keep their privacy from each other. And Bella and Renne are more like girlfriends than mother and daughter in that sense so their relationship is more open.

A suicidal passenger highjacks the plane and kills the pilots and threats to kill himself and everyone else on board so Edward goes to the cockpit and knocks the guy out and flies the plane back to safety. Not really good but it'll do I guess.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I don't read much Sci-Fi...I've never evne read The Host

Yep.

No, and it was both of theirs.

Bella is close to both Charlie and Renee in diffrent ways. Renee it's more of a friendship a daughter looking out for a mother, with Charlie and Bella yeah they're friends but he's the one looking out for her.

There's an evil vampire on the plane who is lured to Bellas sent he captures her on her way to the bathroom after killing the piolet he stands in front of the door so Edward can't fly the plane and if Edward moves Bella dies.
**Kathryn**
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

lol, I dunno, I've not actually read The Host so... lol

Not really, I kinda figured it out a couple paragraphs before Bella did. And I was raging at him!!

I guess I wasn't really surprised cos something was bound to happen eventually between them. I think Paul would have been at fault tho, cos I'm sure Emmett wouldn't have meant to cross the treaty line, and Paul would just have assumed he did. He loses his temper much too easily!

Bella and Charlie's relationship I think is much more healthier, for Bella. She is more like a kid with him, and he's more like a parent to her. I think Bella and Renee are more like girlfriends than mother and daughter, which Bella may have prefered back before she met Edward, but not now I guess, since she can't tell her mother everything anymore.

Edward would think his way out of every possible scenario I think :lol:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!