Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ithaca
Settled in Forks

Re: If there is a New Moon

Post by Ithaca »

I think that Twilight is going to generate a lot of "movie fans", who may not read the books but really like the movie. I'm not sure how the New Moon plot would sit well with them if the majority of the movie is spent focusing on Jacob. I think they could balance it, though, so that we spend a lot of time on the climax with Volterra and not so much time on the middle with all of the wolf stuff. :)
midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

I was thinking the other day. If they made New Moon, who should play Jane?
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I pictured someone like Selena Gomez...shes pretty, she's small, and she looks nice and innocent, which I think Jane would be too.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

For some reason my Jane is blonde... like Goldilocks skipping down that Volterra alley with her hood up and cape flowing. Creep-tastic...

I suck at casting though. Although I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bill Nighy for Aro. Although he's already done Underworld... so he might be vampired out. But still, he'd be perfect. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

Has anyone seen Dakota Fanning in Hide and Seek? The way she looked so... evil? Can't you just imagine her as Jane? I mean she looks much older now, from Hide and Seek but she has that scare factor, I think. Maybe it's just me. Haha.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote:Has anyone seen Dakota Fanning in Hide and Seek? The way she looked so... evil? Can't you just imagine her as Jane? I mean she looks much older now, from Hide and Seek but she has that scare factor, I think. Maybe it's just me. Haha.
yeahhhh......hmm Dakota has always scared the ba-jesus outta me XD but i'm not sure like you said she's much older now so she wouldn't fit. But i'm positive they'll still be able to find a scary little white girl who can have me on the verge of crying bahaha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

so i just did some digging and here's what i found...
MTV: Does the "Twilight" movie end cleanly, or does it hint that there's more to come?

Rosenberg: There's a forward-thinking moment in the end. I shouldn't tell you what it is, though.

MTV: Well, we don't want to ruin the ending, we just want to know if there's something juicy in there.

Rosenberg: There's something that suggests there's more to come.
AAA!!! dude this better not mean that Twilight will end on a very bad part where *sniff* Edward leaves Bella- as it's been mentioned before. To be honest i've moved that possibilty completely from my mind...so it better not happen! Anyways...anyone else have any predictions on what the ending might be like??
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
twigal
Wandering Through Town

Post by twigal »

lollikezomg wrote: They'll probably do the whole werewolf thing early on as all the media are already saying that Jacob Black is 'Bella's best friend who happens to be a werewolf'. Since there is no real suspense for the viewers to find out I'd say they'll have Bella figure it out pretty quickly. I think a lot of the middle stuff will be cut out, I'd love for them to focus a lot on Italy and the Volturi because that's one of my favourite bits of the series.
I don't think they'll do the werewolf thing early on because EVERYBODY knows about the Cullens being vampires, but they're still going to have the whole 'suspense' part from the book.
I'm just going to waste time wandering through town until something Twilight-related comes by.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I think that they are referring to the fact that Victoria is at the prom in the movie - it reminds the viewers that even though James is dead, the threat isn't gone completely and that's kinda their tie in to more movies after that. It leaves the door completely open to sequels. Which is great!
E<3B
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Also (sorry for the double post) - I really HATE how it has been "disclosed" to everyone that Jacob is a werewolf. That was such a delicious reveal in New Moon... I think it kinda cheats people who haven't read the book out of that moment were it all kinda clicks for Bella.
E<3B