Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: The Movie in the news

Post by navarre »

debussygirl wrote:
threethings wrote:Has this been posted already? Anyway, it really isn't about Twilight, but it mentions it!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2008112 ... p_eo/70917
What they argue is that chick flicks like Twilight already have a fan base, but don't they realize that most guy's films do too? All of the superhero movies come from comic books, James Bond has been around forever, and other movies they build off of are classics (i.e. Indiana Jones, Star Wars). So it's the same for any movie.
Oh, and how much of those robot films do girls go to? Like all of them. I've gone to all (or most) of those superhero and adventure movies. It's so stupid of them to rule out girls.
Agreed.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

mananda wrote:http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2518&p=l.htm

I got this in an email.
This is just what I always believed - Twilight was only successful because of the fan-base and loyalty to the books NOT because it was at all good. Yes, it brought in the dough, but once people saw this horrible film, they went elsewhere.

That should clue in Summit about Hardwicke and Rosenberg, but unfortunately, it won't. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

mananda wrote:http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2518&p=l.htm

I got this in an email.

I just clicked on that link again and it has a new article title "Bolt" Holds, Twilight Fades

I hope the other countries that it has yet to open at does well. I want it to beat Interview with a Vampire.
Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel »

Well here in the UK it is not released till Friday 19th December, so none of the "Mania" has quite hit us yet, but last night right in the middle of The X Factor final, it showed an advert for it.......Whooo Hooooo. :lol:

(I'm just a little pleased I managed to watch it from a download site, but in all fairness I do have cinema tickets booked for the whole family next week to go and see it on the big screen).

I think it's already the best selling Vampire movie of all time and that's without the takings from UK, Germany and a few other countries.

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.