Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Re: The Movie in the news

Post by threethings »

Retarted. Thanks, Kristen. That gives me another reason to not like her. I don't believe Rob would ever say that. . . . . . . . .
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

threethings wrote:Retarted. Thanks, Kristen. That gives me another reason to not like her. I don't believe Rob would ever say that. . . . . . . . .
agreed.
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
Alice_Cullen_101
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_Cullen_101 »

Give her a break. This is a big thing, remember. She has a lot of stress. All of them do. They have to live up to our expectations, and the producers expectations.
What if you were in her place, with the fans, while you were just trying to make THEIR movie.
Okay, just give it a rest. Its just stress and being nervous. 17 million people are waiting for this movie. That has to add some stress.
OMT!!
Its cheese!
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

Alice_Cullen_101 wrote:Give her a break. This is a big thing, remember. She has a lot of stress. All of them do. They have to live up to our expectations, and the producers expectations.
What if you were in her place, with the fans, while you were just trying to make THEIR movie.
Okay, just give it a rest. Its just stress and being nervous. 17 million people are waiting for this movie. That has to add some stress.
Oh, I understand she has to be under A LOT of stress to live up to our expectations and the films and everything. But calling fans retarded? That just doesn't make sense, to me, like something to say even if you are under stress. Sometimes she just doesn't seem to be enjoying it as much as the others.
ImageImage
Alice_Cullen_101
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_Cullen_101 »

Okay, what if there had been more? What if it was a bigger group, screaming at YOU. How would you take it? Would you smile at them and say you loved them, or just walk away, thinking their insane for acting like that?

Another question. What if it was Rob that said that? would you even give it a second thought?

All what I'm saying is that a bunch of people were following me around, screaming, I would flip just for some quiet.
I'm crazy excited for this movie, but I would retain sanity and act like a normal, human being.

Also, that video about Rob, where he said the fans sound like the gates of hell. What about that? Why is no one giving grief over that?
Seriously, I don't understand why you just don't ignore it. Sure, she called us retarded. Big whoop. Shes pretty much right, we're wrapped so tightly around this one, FICTIONAL book that it hurts us to be called retarded? I know, being called that is bad and hurts but..Give her a break, please. Shes just saying what every other person not obsessed with Twilight says. Are you gonna flip about that?
OMT!!
Its cheese!
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

Alice_Cullen_101 wrote:Okay, what if there had been more? What if it was a bigger group, screaming at YOU. How would you take it? Would you smile at them and say you loved them, or just walk away, thinking their insane for acting like that?

Another question. What if it was Rob that said that? would you even give it a second thought?

All what I'm saying is that a bunch of people were following me around, screaming, I would flip just for some quiet.
I'm crazy excited for this movie, but I would retain sanity and act like a normal, human being.

Also, that video about Rob, where he said the fans sound like the gates of hell. What about that? Why is no one giving grief over that?
Seriously, I don't understand why you just don't ignore it. Sure, she called us retarded. Big whoop. Shes pretty much right, we're wrapped so tightly around this one, FICTIONAL book that it hurts us to be called retarded? I know, being called that is bad and hurts but..Give her a break, please. Shes just saying what every other person not obsessed with Twilight says. Are you gonna flip about that?
Very well said, I agree 100%
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

I'm not acting like I know what Kristen is going through with the fan and project process. I know it must suck at times and be extremely overwhelming to have all the screaming fans around her all the time. I know she must be nervous about the outcome and expectations, too. I'm just saying I don't know why she called her fans retarded for being so eager to see the movie. And, yeah, if Rob had said it, I would have been disappointed, too. If any cast member had, I would have had the same feelings.

I am killer excited about the film as well, and I'm not going all nutty screaming my head off for it and such. I'm not freaking out that Kristen made that comment. I'm just saying I don't know if it was extremely wise, because it would anger/hurt some fans. People who hate the movie that call fans retarded can be more easily shrugged off because they aren't involved with the project like Kristen is. That's why I just don't think it was wise for her to say that; i'm not all freaked out about it.

Just a comment.
ImageImage
dancrkittycat
Wandering Through Town

Post by dancrkittycat »

i didn't mean to upset anyone, i just found it odd of her to call us names.
i'm not contending that she is or isn't a good bella, what i hoped to convey through my posting is that i don't think it's very smart to call fans retarded. fans can be just as passionate for the book as she is about acting, i am not questioning her commitment to the movie or anything. i do find it insulting that she somehow thinks no one should be there. does that mean that all the people that show up to her signings are retarded? simply because we are excited about a great book being brought to life.
I am not perfect and I do not expect her to be perfect, simply corteous. If she doesn't understand how much fans like the book and their excitement for the movie coming out, then that gives her no excuse to be rude, after all her big fat paycheck depends on all retarded fans of the books.
and about rob making a comment of the sort, that would suck too! all people involved with it need to realize how cool a project this is, it's not monumental or anything, but it means a lot to a lot of people.
We don't all have to agree, and that's ok. Just don't call me names.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

dancrkittycat wrote:i didn't mean to upset anyone, i just found it odd of her to call us names.
i'm not contending that she is or isn't a good bella, what i hoped to convey through my posting is that i don't think it's very smart to call fans retarded. fans can be just as passionate for the book as she is about acting, i am not questioning her commitment to the movie or anything. i do find it insulting that she somehow thinks no one should be there. does that mean that all the people that show up to her signings are retarded? simply because we are excited about a great book being brought to life.
I am not perfect and I do not expect her to be perfect, simply corteous. If she doesn't understand how much fans like the book and their excitement for the movie coming out, then that gives her no excuse to be rude, after all her big fat paycheck depends on all retarded fans of the books.
and about rob making a comment of the sort, that would suck too! all people involved with it need to realize how cool a project this is, it's not monumental or anything, but it means a lot to a lot of people.
We don't all have to agree, and that's ok. Just don't call me names.
I don't blame you, I feel the same way. This "cult" is just something we all love, everybody has that and she shouldn't say we're stupid. Bravo, dancrkittycat.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I think she just has a hard time expressing herself...she seems to want the really small indie roles, and she doesn't want to be a Hannah Montana super star. I think the hugeness of this just rocked her boat and she doesnt know how to respond. (Plus she might be getting back at all the people that had been talking trash about her when they first announced she was cast.)
I dunno, she and Rob both don't like the craziness...lol...my advice to girls...if you wanna get Rob...ignore him instead of screaming in his general direction when you see him LOL!!