Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: The Cast on the VMA's

Post by urcoolcarrie »

LipsForeverSealed wrote:O my gosh whats all this?? Cast on the VMA's, ah I so have to watch it now! Ah, what were the Cast doing anyway?
the cast was introducing paramore. its not worth watching, though. if you really want to watch the part with the twilight cast, just go watch that one part on youtube. robert looked delicious, but he got cut off by the host. urg. i cannot get over how mad i am!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

I am still sooo furious over the VMA's. What a ridiculous waste of time. I only watched it because of the cast being on, and HELLO!! Russell Brand is so aggravating! Just at Robert is about to speak in his glorious british accent, Mr Trashy Brand has to speak in his mouth full of marbles accent. How rude! I will never watch the VMA's again if that guy is the host. He was like fingernails on the chalk board. But at least our cast looked great!
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

so i must say the ONLY reason i watched the VMA's was to watch Paramore's (my favorite band) performance and see the Twilight cast present an award...needless to say i almost died when i got everything i wanted in about 10 minutes XD
Just too perfect for me...Twilight cast presenting PARAMORE!! I've always hated MTV and they've always ticked me off...but for ONCE (and only once) they made me extremely happy! :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

LyghtChyld wrote:I realise I'll probably be shot for this, but, I'm willing to bet Mtv had nothing to do with Robert getting cut off. Those things are suppose to be live [w/ probably a 10sec delay] and you can't control someone all the time. The frizzy haired comedian guy probably thought it would be funny. Though I did find his stuff funny at the beginning of the show I thought it was rather rude to cut Robert off, though I think it's rude to cut anyone off when they're talking.

I think if MTV didn't want them there or thought they wouldn't be all that important they wouldn't have Twilight Tuesdays or invited them to the Movie or Music Awards.
Yeah, I agree with you with the whole thing. The show was live, everything can't be controlled, certain things do happen, and unfortunately, Russel just happened to cut off Rob and didn't mean it in anyway. (Or so I'd like to think.)

I think what made this into such a big controversy is that all of the Twilight & mostly RPattz fans like myself were just... how should I say this... shocked(?) that Rob never got to say his line. I mean, yeah, MTV pretty much got the hype up with the whole 'Gasp! Twilight Cast is gonna be there' or whatever, but I think that everyone was pretty much looking forward to that moment, and to see your favorite actor who you totally love just get cut off, well.... you can't help but get pissed. It's a reaction. People react to everything. Big or small. But then of course, the big outrage about Rob getting cut off just sent everyone's brain out the window because we all would've loved to hear his voice--especially with that British accent. Mmh.

Ha, I was so pissed when Russel cut him off, I was totally waiting for the love of my life to talk, then he gets... shut down. My initial reaction of course was mad, furious, angry... call it what you want. But seeing him there on the stage and seeing those lovely pictures & interviews from him afterwards kinda makes that whole controversy a little better. And I emphasize 'little' there. Haha<3

Hmmm. I guess all this outrage comes down to this one point: Never disrupt RPattz when he breathes a word. Seriously. Seeing the article on MTV about this last Tuesday, seems to me like Larry is pretty much aware of that rule now. Haha(:
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I was SO MAD that Brand cut Rob off. That was the only reason I watched, and when they cut away I was just like :o I don't even know why they bother pretending that the channel has anything to do with music anymore. Where do you even see music videos these days? Ugh, anyway, yeah I agree with everything that Rob getting cut off was majorly annoying. Plus, it seems like he's pretty shy to begin with, that can't have helped anything. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but here is Rob responding to being cut off by the host at the VMA's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuLLao9zsgk
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

knikki wrote:Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but here is Rob responding to being cut off by the host at the VMA's..

There you have it people.....Rob doesn't care, we probably shouldn't either.
Man, the poor kid sure is awkward an awful lot of the time isn't he? :lol: Except when he's shooting a scene apparently and that's good enough for me.
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

midnight_fix wrote:
knikki wrote:Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but here is Rob responding to being cut off by the host at the VMA's..

There you have it people.....Rob doesn't care, we probably shouldn't either.
Man, the poor kid sure is awkward an awful lot of the time isn't he? :lol: Except when he's shooting a scene apparently and that's good enough for me.
i totally agree! everyone knew rob would never care, or never say he cared if he did. i was upset when it happened just bc i had myself so psyched to see them, but im sure the host wasnt doing it on purpose. rob seemed a little intoxicated...or something else in the video lmao. typical rob
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

xoxocamille wrote:Ha, I was so pissed when Russel cut him off, I was totally waiting for the love of my life to talk, then he gets... shut down. My initial reaction of course was mad, furious, angry... call it what you want. But seeing him there on the stage and seeing those lovely pictures & interviews from him afterwards kinda makes that whole controversy a little better. And I emphasize 'little' there. Haha<3

Hmmm. I guess all this outrage comes down to this one point: Never disrupt RPattz when he breathes a word. Seriously. Seeing the article on MTV about this last Tuesday, seems to me like Larry is pretty much aware of that rule now. Haha(:[/color]
haha, "never disrupt rpattz when he breathes a word." so true, so true. although rob may not care as much as us, we don't get to hear him as much as he does! lolll. but seriously now...
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

Picture if you will: I was super excited to see the Twilight cast, like SUPER excited. Since going to Comic-Con and getting them to sign a movie poster for me, I hadn't really seen anything new from them. I normally don't watch the VMAs, and was only watching them this time because the Twilight cast was going to be there. Naturally, when they finally came on I was literally jumping out of my seat with anticipation just to hear them speak! How disappointed I was. They had NO close up of our beloved Spunk AND the host totally cut him off! He didn't cut anybody else off! Rob literally got to say one word. One. That's it. I was like a little kid waking up on Christmas morning and discovering that they had only gotten socks as presents. Totally bummed. And I wanted to punch the host in the face ;)
ImageImage Image