Click for Forum Rules
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by eden1437 »

older_twilight_fan wrote:
LamoreVincera wrote:
eden1437 wrote:That said, I am so in love with Rob's voice now..."Never Think" has been the start of my "finals" playlist this week and I simply am gaga over it. Lol. I hope he makes something for New Moon about what Edward was going through having to leave Bella and such...
I agree. I do wish there had been a touch more (just a teensy bit!) diction in "Let Me Sign", but I really do like the folsky, near-bluesy thing he's got going with his voice. And damn, the boy can play guitar. I'm impressed.
I bought the soundtrack about a week before I saw the movie (that's a first for me). I was kind of hesitant to listen to "Never Think". I guess I was afraid Rob would sound like every other actor trying to sound like a musician. But I was very pleasantly surprised and the song has grown on me ever since. He really does play guitar quite well and I love the simplicity of the melody, the stripped-down sound, and all the emotion conveyed by Rob through his singing. As you mentioned, a little clearer diction would be nice, but it's almost like Rob just sings for himself and his enjoyment and he doesn't really care if others choose to listen to him.
What a great way of explaining it!! When I heard that he had songs on the soundtrack, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, and truth be told I didn't like the song when I first heard it cause his words weren't entirely clear...but then I really LISTENED to it, and you can hear the emotion in the melody and his lyrics...ahh it gives me goosebumps. It's like he sang/wrote the songs while embodying Edward and I love it. And I love how its almost like he sings for himself and is allowing us to listen instead of like some musicians who make stuff you're suppsosed to like.
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

Ok, so I have a bit to say about the Twilight soundtrack.

First of all, its absolutely AWESOME and I love it to death.
I have WAY too many favourite songs.
Full Moon, Decode, Eyes on Fire, Flightless Bird American Mouth. I love them all, but those are my favourites.

Full Moon has me hooked right now, I don't really know why. It's just GOOD.
Eyes on Fire... I'm pretty much obsessed. Ive played it about 50 times. IT gives me shivers.
Decode, I've liked it since it came out, and Paramore are an awesome band, but I didnt see it in the movie! Was anyone else extremely ticked off about that? Like all the advertising about it and then it wasn't even in it. GRRR
Flightless Bird, American Mouth is just a cute song, it's beautiful. Very good for the prom scene.

And the bonus track, Let Me Sign......... HANDS DOWN MOST INCREDIBLE SONG. I watch the movie and cry during when Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella. ITs ridiculous but I don't care, something about that song just gets me. Rob Pattinson definitely needs to do an album. I put that song on when I'm going to sleep. Ahhhh, words cant describe the effect it has on me.

In conclusion I reckon they did a pretty awesome job on the soundtrack, although i still don't know why they didn't put "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls on it, it would have been perfect.
TeamEdward
Bringing sexyback since 1901.
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a lucky lamb."
Nightswimming93
Settled in Forks

Post by Nightswimming93 »

Question about the Score vs. the movie...

I'm embarrassed to say that although I've seen the movie 3 times I am not certain of the order of the scenes. In particular, after "I know what you are" when Edward runs Bella up above the cloud cover, doesn't he infact walk into the sunlight to show her "the skin of a killer" prior to the rest of the conversation about what he is and how he's the world's "most dangerous predator"?

The Score definitely appears to be in chronological order with the exception (I think) of these two songs. Am I wrong?

I'm an obsessed dork, so I'm trying to create a chronological combined playlist of both the soundtrack and the score--you know, 1) How I Would Die 2) Full Moon etc... but I'm hung up on "Skin of a Killer" and "Most Dangerous Predator" because I think they're out of order.

Help please!
"LOSING TRACK OF TIME WAS THE MOST I ASKED FROM LIFE."
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

I think I noticed this at some point too. I think it should rather be "Skin of a Killer" and then "Most Dangerous Predator"...
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I was listening to the soundtrack the other day with my anti friend (I know, but I'm trying to be a good person) and she said, "This soundtrack is the only thing they got right with Twilight."
So compliment toward the soundtrack, but I glared at her and she shut up...we were in my car and it was raining outside, so she didn't want to get kicked out.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Alani
Settled in Forks

Post by Alani »

I'm still trying to mix the score and soundtrack too. I think it will be easier when the DVD comes out :)

Some songs also repeat in the movie, like Spotlight - it is played after Edward stops the van and again after he's breaking all the rules, walking Bella from the car to the school. I *think* "I caught myself" was playing when the girls were in the dress store --- any ideas?

Really like Muse, but then I liked them before I ever heard of Twilight. Starlight and Knights of Cydonia are two other good songs from the Black Holes and Revelations album/CD.

Favorite songs from the movie/soundtrack

#1 - Supermassive Black Hole - song and baseball scene too
#2 - How would I die followed by Full Moon and Who are They - played in sequence together.
#3 - Spotlight
#4 - Decode
#5 - Tremble for My Beloved
#6 - I caught myself
#7 - Bella is part of the family
#8 - Go all the Way
#9 - Leave out all the rest
#10 - Eyes on Fire
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I'm so completely happy about the Twilight soundtrack. I wasn't sure what they would do for music before everything was official. The only thing I was certain of was the existence of a Muse song somewhere in the soundtrack because of the obvious reason that Muse was SM's muse while writing. I was scared that they would make everything really mainstream, pop songs and whatnot. i'm glad that it was kept low key, even somewhat indie at times. It really just fits with the film and the books. I LOVE Supermassive Black Hole! I loved the song before the movie but it has much more of a meaning to me now that I can see the baseball scene in my head every time I hear it. I also love Decode, Flightless Bird and Never Think. Rob has such a calming voice, very soulful. I love the song that is playing while Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella's wrist. It really puts forth the emotion that is meant to be felt at that point in the scene--it leaves you very on edge, angsty and genuinely fearful. You can feel the want, the need that Edward is feeling for Bella's blood and you can feel his anguish and fear, that he may not be able to stop. Ahhh, the songs are so great. Just another thing I love about this movie!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

~cat~
Settled in Forks

Post by ~cat~ »

i got it!! for xmas!! yay!! nd i luv it. i think its a good selection for the film. but it doesnt compare to the playlists on the fabulous Mrs. Stephenie Meyer's website. the 2 dont match. but still, it has sumthing to do with twilight so i luv it either way. hehe :D
ImageImage Go Team Edward! I got nothing against Jacob, it's just that Edward is better for Bella.
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

Has anyone heard the Twlight Score?

If so, what do you think of it?
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
escapist1901
Settled in Forks

Post by escapist1901 »

I just got the soundtrack in the mail...

I'm not up with all the current artists, I am so stuck in the music of my formative years! But wow, I just really like this! They really nailed this use of music in the movie and the range of choices and how they work together to tell the story musically just really impressed me.

Now, I do have a couple songs that on their own are not particularly my taste. I was SO excited though that they chose and Iron & Wine song for the prom scene, brilliant! Not only one of my top 5 artists of all time, but just an exceptional both lyrically and instrumentally! Two thumbs up on that one! I have fallen in love with the Black Ghost song New Moon. Really took to it in the film and it's even better on the track. The Muse song Supermassive Black Hole is not the type of music I gravitate towards normally but man, I just really like it! And I do have to say, I think Rob Pattinson does have a lovely talent. It just needs to be developed is all. He needs schooling in enunciation as he does mumble/slur his words but I am excited to see what he may do as a recording artist for future Twilight films and/or in the music industry...

**EDIT: The "couple songs" that weren't my taste now are...have listened to the entire CD over and over pretty much since I got it!

Heather
Last edited by escapist1901 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't see that one coming!"