Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by pharmer4 »

yanjan3 wrote:I was confused about Paramore's I caught Myself.

The "hypnotic" part indicates that it is about Edward.. but it also mentions that "I know in my heart its NOT you", so that tells me it was about Jacob, it would've been more appropriate in the Eclipse soundtrack, when she was developing feelings for Jacob but she knew in her heart that Edward IS the one and no one else.

"I don't know what I want, but I know its not you, keep pushing and pulling me down to you, when I know in my heart its not you" and "now when I caught myself, I had to stop myself from saying something that I should've thought of you" : those lyrics, IMO, describes Bella feelings towards Jacob when she figured out that she loves him (after his persistence) but knows that she shouldn't.

I think it has been mentioned, though, that these songs, while well suited to the narrative, were probably written before Paramore had contact with the series. That being said, even still, falling in love is still a dazzling thing, even if you don't know it yourself when it is happening, as is the case from Bella's point of view with Jacob (this might also explain why she got annoyed with him when he brought it up so much, or when he criticised Edward, because she really wanted the love she felt for Jacob to be an exceptionallly strong friendship).
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

yanjan3 wrote:I was confused about Paramore's I caught Myself.

The "hypnotic" part indicates that it is about Edward.. but it also mentions that "I know in my heart its NOT you", so that tells me it was about Jacob, it would've been more appropriate in the Eclipse soundtrack, when she was developing feelings for Jacob but she knew in her heart that Edward IS the one and no one else.

"I don't know what I want, but I know its not you, keep pushing and pulling me down to you, when I know in my heart its not you" and "now when I caught myself, I had to stop myself from saying something that I should've thought of you" : those lyrics, IMO, describes Bella feelings towards Jacob when she figured out that she loves him (after his persistence) but knows that she shouldn't.
What I take it as is Edward. He says, "I know in my heart its not you" as in "I know in my heart we shouldn't be together, because I'm a monster." He's constantly catching himself falling for Bella, wanting to be with her, but he should never think of Bella in a romantic way, he shouldn't talk to her or care, but he's always catching himself doing these things.
At least that's my take on the song. :)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

well that makes sense pharmer4, :D, I never knew that Paramore written this beforehand.

^that's a cool way of looking at it debussygirl . I never would've thought of that (since I was assuming it was Bella's feelings for Edward or Jacob). thanks for sharing.
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I incorporated "Bella's Lullaby" into a project for my sound communications class. :lol: I'm such a geek, sneaking in anything Twilight when I can.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

^You are not alone. I suggested the same for my cousin's project, he didn't agree at first.
...but after it was done his project he had two twilight songs and a vid (decode) in the project.
It was cool.
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

I got given the task at work of loading a new (read, very old and beat up) iPod with songs to play in the shop, instead of having 5 CDs on constant repeat. Of course, the Twilight soundtrack got on there (except for Perry Farrel - it just doesn't go well in a pharmacy).

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Pharmer4, you absolutely have to report back and let us know what the wider reaction is. I am willing to bet that fewer of them are fans than might be found elsewhere. I love it when we manage to find new and devious ways to incorporate our addictions into our "normal life".
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

I'm lucky enough to work alone (most of the time), and keep the soundtrack and score playing in my patrol car all the time. I've also added the song Need by Hana Pestle, because I think it so perfectly matches the feeling of NM. I hope it makes it onto the soundtrack.
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

daniel.cullen, I assume you are a police office, in which case, much respect.

So far, the iPod I was given to set up for work played about 10 songs, then the battery died.

I kept telling my boss that it needed it's own power supply, but he keeps forgetting to bring it in.

I think it will be there tomorrow though, because he rewired the sound system to bypass the CD player, and he won't want to have to reset it again.

daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

Yes, I am a officer. Thank you.Awesome that you can pick the music for your office.