Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Twilight made $7 million on midnight showings!!!!!!!!!!!
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

According to Boxoffice mojo, the movie made $35,700,000. If that's correct, the movie is going to make back its budget this weekend. So totally knew it was going to outdo the Disney movie playing. :D

It was a good thing I prepurchased my ticket, the theater I went to had a sign on the door as I walked in saying a bunch of the movies playing that night were sold out, and I got there like 2 hours before the movie started.
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

All I know is that we have four Movie theaters where I live all of which were showing twilight in more then two theaters all of which were SOLD OUT. Never has that happened where I live. Never. The lines that were there to see the 9:30 showing of it were so long they stretched out of the building and across two parking lots. It was madness. But I loved every minute of it.
heartofmp*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartofmp* »

My bf thought I was crazy when we got there 4 hours early...but hey, we played yahtzee (sp?lol) and sat there and they let us in at 10,two hours early :)
NewMillenium
Wandering Through Town

Post by NewMillenium »

My theater in our mall started out with 3 showings and sold out the first week they were avalible! So they ended up with 14 showtimes that day!!! And every one was SOLD OUT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I was soooo freaked out when I got there and the ticket line was all across the mall, filled with teenage girls :lol:

I even convinced my dad to wait in line to pick up my pre-ordered ticket while me and my friends shoppped. He said the ticket guy gave him a weird look :P (ticket guy: YOU'RE here to see Twilight, sir? My Dad: No, this is for my daughter! Guy: -'yeah right' look-)

And the theater assigned us two "patrolmen"(XD)that walked up an down the aisles to make sure we didn't get too rowdy. When one guy walked down, I said, "Security check! Quick, PUT THAT AWAY!" to a group of my friends and he got a kick out of it.

But seriously, all of this for Twilight?!? Sold out theaters, theater "guards"(haha, made me feel like I had a babysitter throughout the movie...), and now it's(obviously)number one in America! I'm happy :)
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

NewMillenium wrote: And the theater assigned us two "patrolmen"(XD)that walked up an down the aisles to make sure we didn't get too rowdy. When one guy walked down, I said, "Security check! Quick, PUT THAT AWAY!" to a group of my friends and he got a kick out of it.
That reminds me of the GM at the place I went to walking down the hall I was in. And a bunch of us were sitting on the floor and we were told to stand for like two hours.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

HOLY FREAKIN SH*T
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=twilight08.htm

70 MILLION dollars on the third day. oh wow.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

YES!!! Twilighters, Twihards, Fanpires you name it came out in droves!!!!

GO TWILIGHT!!!!! Keep it going, just because New Moon is a go doesn't mean we can stop now!!

We want BIG BUDGET for NM, EC and BD!!!!
BiteMeEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeEdward »

switzgal wrote:YES!!! Twilighters, Twihards, Fanpires you name it came out in droves!!!!

GO TWILIGHT!!!!! Keep it going, just because New Moon is a go doesn't mean we can stop now!!

We want BIG BUDGET for NM, EC and BD!!!!
Definitely! Keep it up Twilighters! Twilight could be the movie of the year! :)
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Ha. I wanted to see it again today, but no. All the theatres are sold out of Twilight for about the next week. Ya, thats how it is where I live.
I swear, this movie is so big. Not only are people who read the books going to see it, but they are going to bring friends and family. Then, they will go home and tell others about it and they will go see the movie. Its just a string of people that will all go see it.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin