Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by mgrassel06 »

malaz wrote:there are lots of guys seeing it too. never underestimate them. i reckon they are hiding their twilight love under a rock. guys will be guys. sighh

but you know what. you said most of them are girls. and that's right. but it will also depends on how much these "teen girls" see the movie. i am seeing it three times opening weekend, with other people. and like i mentioned my friends and are going, with guys too.

but like you, i HOPE that it does well. i really want it to be done. so new moon can be made.
I bet they are all hiding under a rock. Embarassed cause it's a "girlie chick" book or something. But they'll show up at the movie!!

My boyfriend hasn't read Twilight (he's not a big reader), but I've blabbered on enough to where he knows pretty much all there is to know about the saga. haha And, naturally, I've made him watch all these trailers, and he was like, "Well, it does look pretty good." So, HAH!

And I really don't wanna wait forever to see the movie, but I don't wanna be there with all the teenie bopper girls. I have to be at work at 1pm on the 21st, so I am most likely going to skip my morning class (and try to make my boyfriend skip his, too), so we can go see the movie during the day while all the teenies are in school.

...I just hope they are skipping, TOO....haha :lol: :lol:
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
TwiliGhtersUnite
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiliGhtersUnite »

Guys,

Tix in NYC are like 11.50 all time of day, so us New Yorkers should be able to pull off some BIG #s. Im going to the Thursday night 12:01 movie. Im soooo excited!!! :D Even dragging along my boyfriend!!! The suspense is killing me thought I cant lie. I kind of want it to come out already so I can see it and STOP obsessing over it. It will almost be like a relief, i kno...crazy. :D

As long as we all go to see it...at least once! And spread the word about it so more people are inclined to see it we will be fine.

I also read somewhere New Moon and Eclipse have the green light to be filmed. MR is already working on the scripts. The wait kills me, really!!

To help make the #s here are some convenient ways to spread the word and get people excited

POST A BULLETIN ON MYSPACE, FACEBOOK ETC...EVERY SINGLE DAY..DONT FORGET TO INCLUDE STEPHANIES WEBSITE AND A TRAILER OF THE MOVIE

SEND OUT ECARDS FROM THE MOVIE WEBSITE TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

GET A GROUP INVOLVED TO STAND OUTSIDE A BUST BARNES AND NOBLES AND HOLD UP SIGNS TO GO SEE TWILIGHT

okay, I kno the protesting Barns and Nobles thing is a little crazy but hey it can happen!!!

Twilighters Unite!!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Quantom of Solace opened at $178 million (first day) (domestically and internationally) and sales on Fandago were lower than twilight's.

This is just too abvious. well to me at least. TWILIGHT WILL KICK BUTT and make millions.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

malaz wrote:Quantom of Solace opened at $178 million (first day) (domestically and internationally) and sales on Fandago were lower than twilight's.

This is just too abvious. well to me at least. TWILIGHT WILL KICK BUTT and make millions.
Oh my God!!! $178 million???? I thought that movie was only 6% of ticket sales when Twilight was 51%??
WHAT??? Quantum has the draw of older men and guys in general though too.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

oops, i lied.
$187 actaully
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=jamesbond22.htm
(in the US, it made only $27 so far. but worldwide, $187) i was shocked as much as you were. gosh.

i REALLY hope twilight does that good.
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amandaxcullen »

I think it will be pretty big but I don't think it will be as big as The Dark Knight, and don't kill me but, I don't know if I want Twilight to surpass The Dark Knight. I was absolutly heart broken when Heath Ledger passed away so The Dark Knight was kind of my farewell to him in a way and as cheesey as it sounds I cried durring the movie. So it just kinda holds my heart, NOT SAYING THAT TWILIGHT DOESN'T HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART, I'm just very nostalgic and I like knowing that Heath's last movie went out with a bang and broke records.

[r.i.p. Heath, you can't be forgotten]
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Yeah, I just bought my tickets for the 22nd! Does it count if I pre-purchased in the opening weekend sales?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

threethings wrote:Yeah, I just bought my tickets for the 22nd! Does it count if I pre-purchased in the opening weekend sales?

I think so. I also pre-purchased mine for the 21st.
paxton26
Settled in Forks

Post by paxton26 »

amandaxcullen wrote:I think it will be pretty big but I don't think it will be as big as The Dark Knight, and don't kill me but, I don't know if I want Twilight to surpass The Dark Knight. I was absolutly heart broken when Heath Ledger passed away so The Dark Knight was kind of my farewell to him in a way and as cheesey as it sounds I cried durring the movie. So it just kinda holds my heart, NOT SAYING THAT TWILIGHT DOESN'T HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART, I'm just very nostalgic and I like knowing that Heath's last movie went out with a bang and broke records.

[r.i.p. Heath, you can't be forgotten]
I feel the same way! I cannot watch TDK without crying. I have seen it about 5 times and each time I end up feeling depressed...awesome movie though!

Anyway I am sure Twlight will pull big numbers. I bet it will boost book sales again too!
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amandaxcullen »

paxton26 wrote: Anyway I am sure Twlight will pull big numbers. I bet it will boost book sales again too!

I went to the bookstore today and they had the Cullen family on the cover of the new Twilight paperbacks.
They made it a super small book now but it comes with a poster. I like the original better.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.