Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Aline Mason
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about the Twilight movie - Take 2

Post by Aline Mason »

There's noting really to be worried abouit, I think.
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

you guys are so lucky seeing it in like, 30 minutes? or youv already seen it by now D:

i have to wait another hmm 12 days! ahhhhH! :evil:
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

DON'T BE WORRIED GUYS!!! It was everything I hoped for and more (considering their budget and everything) I was on the verge of hyperventilation the whole time I was watching the movie!!!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

OME! Who else loved it? I'm so happy. Yes, it could have been a lot better, but I thought it was still wonderful. I want to watch it over and over and over again. I can see where it would get not so great reviews from the critics, I think it could be more difficult for someone who has not read the books to truly love the movie.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

Yes, I can officially say there is nothing to worry about...

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST WHEN I THOUGH I COULDN'T LOVE TWILIGHT/EDWARD ANY MORE...!!!!!!

I just came back from the midnight showing. It was so so so good!!! Ugh, I'm too excited to even go to sleep now! I had to hurry home to post immediately! I went to the movie by myself because I couldn't get anyone to come with me so I haven't even been able to talk to anyone about it, I'm dying!!!

OMG, Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen is the most perfect thing EVER, hands down. He was excellent and looked so good every second!! :mrgreen: The movie follows the book as closely as it could I think, and the things that were different weren't really a big deal. Edward and Bella's relationship did feel a little bit rushed, but again they couldn't have dragged out the movie any longer, it's already 2 hours!

I was worried that everyone was going to be screaming throughout the entire movie because people couldn't seem to control themselves before it started, but once it was on, you really couldn't hear a peep. I think everyone was holding their breath! :lol: I know I felt like Bella when Edward is around, I could barely breathe! His presence was just so intense, no one else could have played him better. I didn't hear his English accent once.

The rest of the Cullens were awesome, too. Everything was awesome. I need to go see it again! I'm already having withdrawals, lol! We need a thread for posting our movie reviews, I know this isn't the right place for it, but I couldn't wait! I'll just have to give a more thorough review once an official thread is up...hopefully I'll have caught my breath by then!!! :shock: :shock:
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

OMG
OMG OMG OMG

JUST GOT BACK.

IT WAS FLIPPIN AMAZING. I STILL CAN'T BREATHE....

more later... now i just want to have awesome Twilight dreams...
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

^
thankyou for posting such a lovely response to the movie
just a few hours ago i read reviews from critics and they were dissing it badly, it actually made me feel physicly sick.
But your reviews and words have made me feel so so so much better, i know i can trust the real fans

:mrgreen:
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

don't go in expecting to see the book word for word on the screen, and you'll be fine. it was lovely - the mood was amazing, the acting was brilliant (two thumbs WAY up for kristen stewart, who made bella way more than just the damsel in distress the press and critics want to make her out to be, rob pattinson, who was just breath-taking in his pain and longing and awkwardness, and the "human" cast - good lord, mike welch and anna kendrick know how to steal a scene), the effects were fun (the sparkling is just eh, but should we really expect that they are going to get that just right?)... you'll love it. stop reading reviews, they don't get it.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

everlong wrote:^
thankyou for posting such a lovely response to the movie
just a few hours ago i read reviews from critics and they were dissing it badly, it actually made me feel physicly sick.
But your reviews and words have made me feel so so so much better, i know i can trust the real fans
Yeah, I can't imagine any true Twilight fan not liking the movie unless they are extremely nitpicky, so you shouldn't be disappointed!
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Wow... I REALLY wish I could feel HALF as good about the movie....

I am truly, seriously heartbroken. Twilight was a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT for me. It made a joke out of the book. I'm embarrassed to think that people will judge my obsession based on THAT. It was really cheesy, choppy, awkward... And I was not very impressed with the acting. I surely thought that if all else failed I would at least swoon like hell over Edward. He was devoid of charm to me, and Rob's American accent did not work for me at all. I felt as though the love story was so rushed and had no progression. There is not much depth and then all the sudden, BAM, the lion says he fell in love with the lamb. Not to say that there weren't parts I didn't like, but the movie as a whole was just... bad. I'm dumbfounded. waaaahhahah I never thought I would say such things about anything Twilight related, ESPECIALLY the movie!!!! :cry:

The whole theater laughed the entire time. NO EXAGGERATION. I had tears because I was laughing so hard at some of the scenes. Thank God my friends and I had a sense of humor about it, because I really could have cried. After SO much energy spent on being excited for this film and reading interviews, watching trailers, talking about it on the Lex... I feel such a let down that I really have no words.

I'm so very happy for those of you that loved it. I hate to say this, but it's my opinion: the movie took the magic out of Twilight. Never thought I would say that. Ever. I still feel the same about the BOOKS, but I will not go see New Moon if it is made into a film.

*Goes off and mourns*
Last edited by twilight1909 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo