Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Worried about the Twilight movie - Take 2

Post by twilight813 »

ok so i saw the movie at midnight and i have to be honest with you, i walked in expecting less i really did. It is so extremely hard to take an AMAZING book and make it into an AMAZING movie. It just impossible! I was impressed overall but i had a few squams about it. I think Kristen Stewart is a horrible Bella. Im sorry guys but she is. Her character did not change one bit throughout the movie. She went from being bitter, to bitter, to i think i love him, to bitter and it just never changed. In the book Bella is a loner for a while and then falls head over heels in love with Edward. I didnt feel that when i was watching the movie. Her performance was so flat and fake to me. And i was sitting there worrying about Rob's portrayal of Edward and he honestly blew me away. Some of his facial expressions were weird and off but overall i think he really played him well. A few other things i was annoyed with was the kissing scene. Yes it was very steamy and hot, but it NEVER gets that far in the book. Edward never lets Bella get that far with him and i think it should have been more like that in the movie. I know sex sells but the kissing scene didnt do anything for me. Another few things i didnt like was the fact the hardly any of the Cullens had speaking lines. I just feel like we didnt get to know the Cullens in the movie. Their house was all wrong, i was expecting much more for their house as well. And they didnt put Decode from Paramore anywhere in the movie. i was like wtf?? Other than that i was pleased and i will be seeing it again because i was sitting in the fourth row of the movie theater and looking up at the actors nostrils the whole time. i also want to go early enough not to be in a movie theater filled with screaming teenage girls. My boyfriend came with me and he never read the book and he enjoyed the movie so i think that says alot. I wish things could have been different and hopefully they will be in New Moon, but it was a really good movie.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

THERE MAY BE SPOILERS

Of course there's some lines that I wish had been in the movie that weren't (Do I dazzle you? ect.) But other then that Twilight managed to meet mt expectaions which were very high and then even went beyond them.

I've watched so many movies that are adapted from books and that have been butchered that thiss movie felt like a wave of fresh air. The things that were added were added in order to help those who hadn't read the books while the things left out weren't key to the movie plot.

Overall I am completely in love with this movie. The actors portrayed their feelings so well especially Rob and Kristen.

I could feel the pain Edward was supposed to be in on that first day in biology, but on the opposite side of the spectrum I could feel the self loathing he had for what he was, while also being able to feel the amount of love he has for bella. All in all Rob made me feel like I was an empath....lol.

Kristen's performance really blew me awy in two scene in particular......the hospital scene where Edward says she should move to Jacksonville, and the scene where there in the ballet studio and the venom was in her. She did wonderful portraying those emotions. Along with the scene where she leaves charlie.

As you all can tell I loved this movie and hope to see it at least once more before the DVD comes out.
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.

ECfan20
Wandering Through Town

Post by ECfan20 »

I have to say that I'm extremely surprised with the amount of fans who are dissapointed with the movie, I wasn't expecting that!

I know that I did enjoy it a lot, and I think what did it for me was that I wasn't expecting to go to the theater and watch "Twilight- The Book", I went to see Twilight the movie adaptation. The movie did run through very quickly because they had so much to fit into a 2 hour time limit, so I think if they added a lot of the things that us fans WISH were added, each scene would have been even shorter! So I defintely hope that problem is resolved with New Moon, that one needs to be a bit longer, I think, to allow for proper dialogue and to give us the time we need to fall in love with everything. That's my one dissapointment with this movie, everything flew by too quickly and we couldn't really understand a lot of why Edward and Bella fell in love or why the Cullens are so close-knit. I would have loved it if it could have been a 2 1/2 hour movie or at least 2 hr 15 mins, just enough to have added a bit more little tid-bits. But all-in-all I'm a happy girl! Especially since they green-lit NEW MOON! ugh, how will I live until that one is released?
Glowstick
Settled in Forks

Post by Glowstick »

Leave it to the Jasper fan to find a Jasper plot hole.

I don't really.. think there is a spoiler here because pretty much everyone has seen the previews but..meh..

During the end in the ballet scene, The Cullen's are dancing around the fire. (Which made me lol) Of course, this is the same room Bella was BLEEDING to death in. We see Alice have trouble with the blood but it IS on her fingers of course there's blood all over and JASPER is in the same room, dancing around the fire while Bella is BLEEDING.

In New Moon a single drop sets him off but in the movie she's bleeding all over the place and he doesn't notice. The smoke woudln't be enough to cloud the senses and a particularly delicious smelling human is bleeding. I liked the movie but I noticed this right off and it bothered the hell out of me...and the fact they left Carlisle's history out. :/
nikki00
Settled in Forks

Post by nikki00 »

- First time poster, long time time lurker here- :D

Glowstick...I agree with you completely, not to many people have mentioned the significance of leaving Carlisle's story out, I know they were pressed for time but that is a HUGE thing for New Moon setup. ( i.e: The Volturi) So hopefully they somehow put his history into the next film. Overall, I thought the movie was fine. I agree with everyone else that it was rushed, and the relationships between the characters just wasn't there. Plus the Cullens were non-existent, The meadow scene was kind of cheesy, And Jasper..dude..WTH?! lol. BUT I think it has potential to grow. Jacob's character will make or break New Moon, but judging by his small role in Twilight I think this kid is going to step up to the plate and impress us all.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Glowstick wrote:Leave it to the Jasper fan to find a Jasper plot hole.

I don't really.. think there is a spoiler here because pretty much everyone has seen the previews but..meh..

During the end in the ballet scene, The Cullen's are dancing around the fire. (Which made me lol) Of course, this is the same room Bella was BLEEDING to death in. We see Alice have trouble with the blood but it IS on her fingers of course there's blood all over and JASPER is in the same room, dancing around the fire while Bella is BLEEDING.

In New Moon a single drop sets him off but in the movie she's bleeding all over the place and he doesn't notice. The smoke woudln't be enough to cloud the senses and a particularly delicious smelling human is bleeding. I liked the movie but I noticed this right off and it bothered the hell out of me...and the fact they left Carlisle's history out. :/

Maybe he was too involved with killing james and dancing around the fire :lol:
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Glowstick
Settled in Forks

Post by Glowstick »

twilight813 wrote:
Glowstick wrote:Leave it to the Jasper fan to find a Jasper plot hole.

Maybe he was too involved with killing james and dancing around the fire :lol:

I realize that but he's a VAMPIRE. They're all very sensitive to blood, except Carlisle who's totally immune. Since Jasper is the newest to their diet it would have caught his attention.
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

just went and saw it for the second time....

did anyone else notice something? the midnight showing was 20 minutes longer than the one i went to today! they took scenes out of the midnight showing!!! the part where they are laying on the tops of the trees was not in the movie version i saw today!!

but, after seeing it the second time, with no screaming fan-girls at midnight, my impression of the movie was MUCH better....like, way way better...i could enjoy it this time. and did anyone catch the cameo of our fave author? i said before on this thread that i was disappointed with the movie and didn't like it, but i really think the atmosphere of the theater led to that....so maybe if you were dissappointed with it, another viewing in a diff. time would help, it did for me! and can't wait for new moon! so excited! maybe they will be able to do more with it after all the sales from twilight...better budget = better movie....who knows? :D
~Amber
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I definitely liked it better the second time around (I liked it the first too)... there's just less pressure and you can relax into the movie and really enjoy it instead of wondering what is next and being stressed out about finally seeing the movie, and etc... :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

BerAngelVamp wrote:just went and saw it for the second time....

did anyone else notice something? the midnight showing was 20 minutes longer than the one i went to today! they took scenes out of the midnight showing!!! the part where they are laying on the tops of the trees was not in the movie version i saw today!!

:D
Are you serious??? I didn't go to the midnight showing. It was 20 minutes longer???? WTF??? Now I feel cheated!!!
What else was missing???