Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Worried about the Twilight movie - Take 2

Post by ellalou73 »

I really want to see the Midnight showing but the bad thing is that I can't afford to buy the tickets at this point in time and that I work on Friday, I am trying to think of how to cut on the grocery bill so that I can go see it. Once you guys do go see it post spoilers please. I already have the Guide with all the purdy pictures.
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

KaitElisa wrote:I may be the only one... but Kristen Stewart just doesn't fit Bella for me. I saw her in The Messengers and she seems to just play herself regardless of what character, she dresses like herself, her emotions are too dry for Bella's persona. When I saw the interviews of her she was always so cocky- and in the previews for the movie it looks like she's doing The Messengers part 2 except instead of moving from Chicago to a farm haunted by tangible ghosts--- she moves from Phoenix to Forks, a city haunted by vamps and wolves. She's just so... dry for this character? I don't know, I think that Isabella Lucas would have been a better pick. What do any of you think?
You are not the only one. I don't dislike Kristen Stewart, I just don't think she's the right actress to play Bella. I really didn't picture Bella as pretty as her. I really don't find her acting skills very impressive either. I'm not saying she's bad per say, I'm just saying that the way she approached some of the lines in the film just felt wrong to me. I felt like she emphasized the wrong words and therefore changed the line's meaning because she doesn't understand her character. Does that make any sense?

She really does seem like a cocky person to me as well. The one thing I can say for her is when I saw an interview with her and Rob, she got asked the question, "What's it like to kiss Rob?" She just smiled, turned to Rob and said, "Well, you have very sharp teeth." I about died of laughter! :lol:
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Having just read most of the Movie companion I'm really not all that worried. There are a few things I'm iffy about but for the most part I think this is going to be really good. Yes there are differences that seem necessary for the big screen adaptation, but one thing that I kind of like is that ILM is involved and for the most part they do a good job. The other thing is that the director seems to really have a feel for keeping things in perspective and not going overboard with the CGi stuff as said in the book. Basically from what I read about what went on during production I'm pretty encouraged. Hopefully it lives up to all our expectations and I have faith that it will. YAY.
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

slayerchick303 wrote:
KaitElisa wrote:I may be the only one... but Kristen Stewart just doesn't fit Bella for me. I saw her in The Messengers and she seems to just play herself regardless of what character, she dresses like herself, her emotions are too dry for Bella's persona. When I saw the interviews of her she was always so cocky- and in the previews for the movie it looks like she's doing The Messengers part 2 except instead of moving from Chicago to a farm haunted by tangible ghosts--- she moves from Phoenix to Forks, a city haunted by vamps and wolves. She's just so... dry for this character? I don't know, I think that Isabella Lucas would have been a better pick. What do any of you think?
You are not the only one. I don't dislike Kristen Stewart, I just don't think she's the right actress to play Bella. I really didn't picture Bella as pretty as her. I really don't find her acting skills very impressive either. I'm not saying she's bad per say, I'm just saying that the way she approached some of the lines in the film just felt wrong to me. I felt like she emphasized the wrong words and therefore changed the line's meaning because she doesn't understand her character. Does that make any sense?

She really does seem like a cocky person to me as well. The one thing I can say for her is when I saw an interview with her and Rob, she got asked the question, "What's it like to kiss Rob?" She just smiled, turned to Rob and said, "Well, you have very sharp teeth." I about died of laughter! :lol:
I completely agree with you, she seems so cold and calculating in the few scences I've seen her in and she doesn't seem to interested in her character like. Sometimes I wonder if she has actually read the book.
However i think that the movie will be intresting to watch because you can compare it to the books and see how they solved problems like Edwards glowing and stuff like that. And of course there are some details thats bugging me like Bella is waering a converse on the proom and little stuff like that but that's no big deal :)
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

There's something about Kristen's face...what's the word? Something too...harsh (?) about it. And Bella is supposed to look very innocent and harmless. Kristen looks slightly more malicious. I saw her in Zathura, and she always seems to play the "mean girl". And I didn't really like the way she said "i have considered radio active spiders and kryptonite..." in the trailer. It sounded very artificial. I don't know if that's just paranoia or something though. I think she does have a voice like how I imagined Bella's. As for an actress who I think resembles Bella...Emily Browning.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Emily Browning doesn't look like the Bella in my head...But I LOVED her in Lemony Snicket (sp?) I haven't seen her in much else so I don't know how awesome of an actress she is...but yeah, I agree that Kristens face is harsh...I think the fact that her mouth is turned downwards gives her a constant bored face...but, meh, I can't do anything about it know...I just hope that the trailers are all the worst acted lines on her part...maybe?
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

Well, everyone imagined Bella differently. I think Kristen is doing a really good job. She can't be perfect you know... She looks right, has great chemistry with Rob and is good at acting. A few lines said wrong? I think I can live with that :)
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

tsvety wrote:Well, everyone imagined Bella differently. I think Kristen is doing a really good job. She can't be perfect you know... She looks right, has great chemistry with Rob and is good at acting. A few lines said wrong? I think I can live with that :)
Yeah she and Rob do have really good chemistry.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

Gitta wrote:
slayerchick303 wrote:

I completely agree with you, she seems so cold and calculating in the few scences I've seen her in and she doesn't seem to interested in her character like. Sometimes I wonder if she has actually read the book.
However i think that the movie will be intresting to watch because you can compare it to the books and see how they solved problems like Edwards glowing and stuff like that. And of course there are some details thats bugging me like Bella is waering a converse on the proom and little stuff like that but that's no big deal :)
I feel the same way. I really think it is so important for actors to really understand and connect with the character they are playing. It doesn't matter how brilliant of an actor you are, that can only get you "so far" if you don't bond with your character. I think she over-thinks some aspects of Bella's personality and misinterprets the things she does grasp. I'm pretty sure she read the books. Rob hadn't initially read the series. I'm actually not sure he has yet! I remember him saying in an interview (I think it was for Border's Media) that he hadn't read the series. That makes me nervous, but I'm sure he'll do a really good job regardless.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
slayerchick303

Post by slayerchick303 »

awesomejen1 wrote:Emily Browning doesn't look like the Bella in my head...But I LOVED her in Lemony Snicket (sp?) I haven't seen her in much else so I don't know how awesome of an actress she is...but yeah, I agree that Kristens face is harsh...I think the fact that her mouth is turned downwards gives her a constant bored face...but, meh, I can't do anything about it know...I just hope that the trailers are all the worst acted lines on her part...maybe?
AMEN! :D I didn't really notice the fact that her mouth turns down at the ends until you brought it up. I think Emily Browning would have made a good Bella. I haven't seen her in much, but she's won a lot of awards so she must be a decent actress at the very least. She does look kind of like Bella, but not exactly like her. I think she looks more like Bella than Kristen Stewart.

I am hoping that the awkward way that Kristen reads some of the lines isn't constant throughout the film. I hope they just happened to pick the crappy-acting scenes for the trailers. Unfortunately, the scenes they picked for the trailers are important and it makes me pessimistic for the rest of the movie.

Actually, my biology professor looks a lot like how I pictured Bella. She's in her 30's, so obviously she's too old, but I can imagine how she would like Bella when she was younger. She even has that flawless skin like Bella. She doesn't wear make-up either.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B