Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gwylui
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about the Twilight movie - Take 2

Post by gwylui »

OMG it's so good to read how people liked the movie cause at the theatre I watched it at, alot of people thought it was bad. Some people were so mean, throwing words out like "horrible" and "stupid." I really wanted to punch some of these people in the face. I think these people excepted an epic like Lord of the Rings, but Summit is still a emerging film studio so budget is tight. And with someone as artsy and free-spirited as Catherine Hardwicke, they shouldn't had expected fighting and flying all the time. It's just good to see people appreciating the hard work the Twilight cast and crew putted into making this movie for the fans/Twilighters.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

gwylui wrote:OMG it's so good to read how people liked the movie cause at the theatre I watched it at, alot of people thought it was bad. Some people were so mean, throwing words out like "horrible" and "stupid." I really wanted to punch some of these people in the face. I think these people excepted an epic like Lord of the Rings, but Summit is still a emerging film studio so budget is tight. And with someone as artsy and free-spirited as Catherine Hardwicke, they shouldn't had expected fighting and flying all the time. It's just good to see people appreciating the hard work the Twilight cast and crew putted into making this movie for the fans/Twilighters.
I surely did not expect an epic like LOTR. At all. I had very realistic expectations, but I was still very disappointed. To me, some parts did look stupid. I should be entitled to that opinion without you wanting to punch me in the face? I mean I walked out of the theater feeling like I already got punched.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, with no threat of being punched in the face. Sorry you didn't like it... :(

BUT I LOVED IT. :) :) :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
LoveTwilight1031
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveTwilight1031 »

I loved it! I thought for the time they had they kept most of the important parts and I loved Rob and Kristen. It was funny too, especially her high school friends. I mean I didn't expect it to be Oscar-worthy but I thought it was really good and I can't wait to see it again!
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

twilight1909 wrote:Wow... I REALLY wish I could feel HALF as good about the movie....

I am truly, seriously heartbroken. Twilight was a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT for me. It made a joke out of the book. I'm embarrassed to think that people will judge my obsession based on THAT. It was really cheesy, choppy, awkward... .......very happy for those of you that loved it. I hate to say this, but it's my opinion: the movie took the magic out of Twilight. Never thought I would say that. Ever. I still feel the same about the BOOKS, but I will not go see New Moon if it is made into a film.

*Goes off and mourns*

i hate to say...it was pretty much the same feeling with me...i hate it, b/c i llooovvee the book...like, obsessed with it...and the movie was too funny to be the serious romance it was meant to be...although there were funny parts of the book, the movie made it too humourous....and i'm sorry, but edward was portrayed almost as a slow kid and not the dashing handsome vampire he is in the book....i at least thought it would have been that...

don't get me wrong...it was good for what it was, it was a pretty good movie...but as for MY twilight...well, i'm a little sad now....like i was waiting in line for a roller coaster and got a kiddy ride out of it instead...

edward and bella never even said "i love you:" the entire film! they missed the whole point of it!! it was a cool vampire movie, but not a very good rendition of twilight...edward's speaking wasn't even right....he never said "um...um...um..." in the book! he is too confident and somewhat cocky to say "um" every other word....it was not passionate at all like i pictured in the book...

over all, for me, maybe not for you, it was a good vampire movie....but as for being MY twilight, well, i guess i do it better in my head.... :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:
~Amber
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Well of course our own individual versions of the book is better. The book is better. Period. There's no debate there.

But the movie is its own entity... and I thought it was brilliant. :) Yaaaaay.
E<3B
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

butterfly420km wrote:Yes, I can officially say there is nothing to worry about...

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST WHEN I THOUGH I COULDN'T LOVE TWILIGHT/EDWARD ANY MORE...!!!!!!

I just came back from the midnight showing. It was so so so good!!! Ugh, I'm too excited to even go to sleep now! I had to hurry home to post immediately! I went to the movie by myself because I couldn't get anyone to come with me so I haven't even been able to talk to anyone about it, I'm dying!!!
Don't worry Butterfly420km, you were not the only one to attend alone. I did show up on my own but I found another woman who was also there by herself so we rallied together and found good seats.

My greatest worry was that everyone would start screaming the moment Edward came on screen, but the audience was great. We all laughed at certain times, and no one said anything bad, but I was too into the movie to really hear what other people might have said, and I had this huge grin on my face nearly the entire time.

I think some of it was a little rushed in spots but I think that it fits too. I don't want to go into specifics because I know some of you haven't yet seen it, but it really was quite great and if anything a beautiful love story and then some. They really did a great job with this and I'm so excited about seeing it way more than I should, but what can you do when they give you a great movie to watch? And a movie that brings Edward Cullen to life so wonderfully.

*Still has that huge grin on her face*
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I have a huge silly grin on my face too! :)

I also was surprised at how "well behaved" our crowd was... there were little squeals at the beginning when the Summit logo came up, but other than that, no real yelling or annoying stuff or anything. And surprisingly, the biggest fan reaction wasn't to Edwards entrance or the kissing or anything, but to Carlisle's entrance. That Peter Fac is pretty awesome. :)
E<3B
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

our crowd was very well behaved...but someone decided to bring their 11 month old to see it and the kid was crying for the first 15 minutes of the movie! ahh! i wish i could go into more details! i guess when the thread comes up, and pretty much everyone has been able to see it we can...i got to the theater at 7:30 and by 9:30 the line wrapped around the sidewalk...4 full theaters...craziness! but good if there is going to be a new moon.
~Amber
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

ellalou73 wrote: Don't worry Butterfly420km, you were not the only one to attend alone. I did show up on my own but I found another woman who was also there by herself so we rallied together and found good seats.

My greatest worry was that everyone would start screaming the moment Edward came on screen, but the audience was great. We all laughed at certain times, and no one said anything bad, but I was too into the movie to really hear what other people might have said, and I had this huge grin on my face nearly the entire time.

I think some of it was a little rushed in spots but I think that it fits too. I don't want to go into specifics because I know some of you haven't yet seen it, but it really was quite great and if anything a beautiful love story and then some. They really did a great job with this and I'm so excited about seeing it way more than I should, but what can you do when they give you a great movie to watch? And a movie that brings Edward Cullen to life so wonderfully.

*Still has that huge grin on her face*
Thanks ellalou73...I figured I wasn't the only person there by themselves, but it was still sad I didn't have anyone to be excited with. That's great that you were able to meet someone there that you could obsess over it with! I just saw it again last night, and I'm with you....I'm still grinning!!!! :mrgreen:
soozabooza54 wrote:I have a huge silly grin on my face too! :)

I also was surprised at how "well behaved" our crowd was... there were little squeals at the beginning when the Summit logo came up, but other than that, no real yelling or annoying stuff or anything. And surprisingly, the biggest fan reaction wasn't to Edwards entrance or the kissing or anything, but to Carlisle's entrance. That Peter Fac is pretty awesome. :)
That's exactly what I was thinking!! Were we in the same theater? LOL. Everyone squealed when they first saw Carlisle, but there was less of a reaction when the rest of the Cullens and Edward first appeared...I was like, WTF? But he did look good, I can't deny that. But Edward...mmm mmm mmm is all I can say. I was beaming during every single one of his scenes, my cheeks hurt by the end of the movie from sitting there smiling the entire time. I may just go back tomorrow to see the matinee!! I need my fix!!
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D