Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
quadrupleC
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about the Twilight movie - Take 2

Post by quadrupleC »

Okay now- there are some who would love to flog me to death after this, but I feel I must vent here because I'm a HUGE Twilight fan, and this movie was just so NOT what my mind painted these characters to be at all. My first impression of Bella was that she was pretty, and would have the potential to fulfill her role well. But, she did not vary in her emotions at all! Whether it was "I love you so much Edward" or " Charlie are you done eating?' or "Oh my goodness James wants to kill me and drink my blood and leave my body in tatters", it was all said with the monotone flat voice and no emotion. It really didn't go with Bella from the book at all. And Edward- OH MY GOSH! My first impression after seeing him was that he was either a clown, or used liquid paper for foundation! I kept expecting him to ask Bella, "Um, do you have an eyelash curler?" They made him look like some effeminate freak instead of a vampire. And even when he was happy he was filled with angst. He wasn't always like that in Twilight. I know it's hard to portray all the details a book provides in a movie, but these were so not good. If I had encountered the movie's Edward at school and he asked me out, I would have told him to go wash your face and take off your lipstick and MAYBE we'll talk! The best character was Jacob's dad. He was funny, was an actual native American, and I enjoyed his very brief appearance. I barely made it through Bella's constant flitting of her eyelashes and Edward's lovely interpretation of a serial killer clown without laughing out loud many, many times! Geez, I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of the movie. But of course, I will go see the sequel. There is still time to redeem themselves and make a great second movie. Of course we were supposed to fall in love with the characters from the first movie first, but I love the books so much I'll be willing to see what happens. So ther's my soapbox AGAIN and this time I believe I will be falling off face first! Cant wait to know what others think!
quadrupleC
Settled in Forks

Post by quadrupleC »

Okay- just one more thing from the ranting maniac! If Edward is having such a hard time not eating his true love, why can't she just say, 'Eddie, baby, it's okay. carlisle's a DOCTOR and I'll just donate some blood once a week for you. You think you'll be happier now?" Maybe the wrong forum for this, but it was just a thought I'd been having.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yes, wrong forum for donating blood questions. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

quadrupleC wrote:I feel I must vent here because I'm a HUGE Twilight fan, and this movie was just so NOT what my mind painted these characters to be at all. My first impression of Bella was that she was pretty, and would have the potential to fulfill her role well. But, she did not vary in her emotions at all! And Edward- OH MY GOSH! My first impression after seeing him was that he was either a clown, or used liquid paper for foundation! I kept expecting him to ask Bella, "Um, do you have an eyelash curler?" They made him look like some effeminate freak instead of a vampire. And even when he was happy he was filled with angst. He wasn't always like that in Twilight. I know it's hard to portray all the details a book provides in a movie, but these were so not good. If I had encountered the movie's Edward at school and he asked me out, I would have told him to go wash your face and take off your lipstick and MAYBE we'll talk! I barely made it through Bella's constant flitting of her eyelashes and Edward's lovely interpretation of a serial killer clown without laughing out loud many, many times! Geez, I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of the movie. But of course, I will go see the sequel. There is still time to redeem themselves and make a great second movie. Of course we were supposed to fall in love with the characters from the first movie first, but I love the books so much I'll be willing to see what happens. So ther's my soapbox AGAIN and this time I believe I will be falling off face first! Cant wait to know what others think!
hahahaha...Amen sister! They either need new makeup artists or should definitely teach them some new techniques! That so did not work for me. And don't do close-ups of Edward's eyes if you can SEE the contacts. That made him even more fake.
Just based on the movie, I don't see how people will understand the depth of Bella's depression when Edward leaves. I've gone from being worried about Twilight (to being disappointed with Twilight), to worrying about New Moon. Sigh.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

quadrupleC wrote:Okay now- there are some who would love to flog me to death after this, but I feel I must vent here because I'm a HUGE Twilight fan, and this movie was just so NOT what my mind painted these characters to be at all. My first impression of Bella was that she was pretty, and would have the potential to fulfill her role well. But, she did not vary in her emotions at all! Whether it was "I love you so much Edward" or " Charlie are you done eating?' or "Oh my goodness James wants to kill me and drink my blood and leave my body in tatters", it was all said with the monotone flat voice and no emotion. It really didn't go with Bella from the book at all.
FINALLY! This has been the main thing that really bugs me...Nobody, even Bella, would say "I want to stay with you forever" in the same tone of voice that they say "Your skin is ice cold...vampire" which is also in the same voice as, "I want to go check out this book store, I'll catch up with you guys at dinner..." There was no change..gah!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

^ or how she says "i love you Edward"

oh oh oh wait, i forgot that wasn't in there.

nevermind nevermind... forget i said anything. :|
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

now i'm officially worried.. haven't seen the film yet ive been reading and hearing bad reviews about the movie and all other's acting skills... 24 more hrs and i really can't wait..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

sachael wrote:now i'm officially worried.. haven't seen the film yet ive been reading and hearing bad reviews about the movie and all other's acting skills... 24 more hrs and i really can't wait..
Reminder: All you fans from the other countries have to go see this movie because the more money it makes, the bigger the budget!!!! So please pass this on!!!!!!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^such an important point to keep in mind! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

sachael wrote:now i'm officially worried.. haven't seen the film yet ive been reading and hearing bad reviews about the movie and all other's acting skills... 24 more hrs and i really can't wait..
well I hated it the first time... like i was just in shock when i walked out but i was excited to get to see it again the next day and OMG i loved it! It was perfect! The third time was even more awesomer!

So... it might take more then once. Still it was great.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*