Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Vampire4eva
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Vampire4eva »

Buffy is action driven and not Character driven unlike Twilight which is supposed to be driven by the two characters Edward and Bella which is why I dont think its fair to make comparisons between the two.
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

I have never really thought about the similarities there probably are some though. I have just found a few articles/ reviews about the books and they aren't pleasant.

What you have instead in Meyer's work is a depressingly retrograde, deeply anti-feminist, borderline misogynistic novel that drains its heroine of life and vitality as surely as if a vampire had sunk his teeth into her and leaves her a bloodless cipher while the story happens around her. Edward tells her she is "so interesting ... fascinating", but the reader looks in vain for his evidence
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/dec ... lm-vampire

I actually agree from reading the book there isnt any or little evidence about why he finds her so fascinating and its not clear in the film either.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

^ I thought it was clear through his discussion with Bella, but if you're unsure then you should definitely read Midnight Sun. Short answer: initially intrigued by not being able to read her mind, becomes more and more curious and interested in her, and finds her unique and beautiful inside and out. Edward thinks people are extremely predictable and boring - Bella stands out to him.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

Maybe but I just think that just not enough.

I do like the naturalistic feel that the film has but I didnt like the sequence before they entered the woods before she tells him that she knows hes a vampire. It just screams low budget film to me.
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Upcoming Twilight DVD release

Post by twilightnewbie »

Saw this interview with two Summit execs. One was asked why Catherine Hardwicke is not directing "New Moon". His response:

Friedman:"Basically, we had a different vision of what the movie should be, and we decided that the best course of action was to part (ways as) friends. She has done a fantastic job with “Twilight” and continues to promote it. She’s still working with us on the movie — the DVD, she’s doing her director’s cut. We just agreed that we had a different vision."

Did you read that closely, he said she is working on her director's cut. That's what fans really want, not just some extra scenes tacked onto the end of the DVD. Unfortunately, the official release details of the DVD don't mention a director's cut, just some deleted and extended scenes with introductions. So I'm not sure what we're getting.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

Yeah I read that too, personally I am not bothered about the directors cut what I would like to see on the DVD is maybe some interviews from the cast but you rarely get them on DVD.
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I loved the movie. In some ways it could have been better. Like the development of Alice as a character or some of the other Cullens, but I guess the director couldn't fit everything in. lol. Other than that I do hope this new director, Chris I think, can do something good and pull out more emotion out of KStew because New Moon is really emotional. The movie better make me cry. The book nearly did.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Has there been any other hints about a Director's Cut?
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

The book made me cry so the film better.
shortstuff

Re: Upcoming Twilight DVD release

Post by shortstuff »

twilightnewbie wrote:Saw this interview with two Summit execs. One was asked why Catherine Hardwicke is not directing "New Moon". His response:

Friedman:"Basically, we had a different vision of what the movie should be, and we decided that the best course of action was to part (ways as) friends. She has done a fantastic job with “Twilight” and continues to promote it. She’s still working with us on the movie — the DVD, she’s doing her director’s cut. We just agreed that we had a different vision."

Did you read that closely, he said she is working on her director's cut. That's what fans really want, not just some extra scenes tacked onto the end of the DVD. Unfortunately, the official release details of the DVD don't mention a director's cut, just some deleted and extended scenes with introductions. So I'm not sure what we're getting.
hmm, a director's cut would be really interesting to see... i wonder if it's actually gunna happen or not..