Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, I have to share. Thursday night was the last evening the film was in theaters near me. So, as a farewell, I took my oldest son to see it for the first time (I made him finish the novel first). Now, I am in mourning, desperately awaiting the dvd release. I can't believe I have to wait three months!! I need a support group.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:I guess I'm one of the few who didn't seem to catch the mouthed, "I love you". :( I think its good that they didn't rush into speaking that yet in the movie. Their relationship seemed to have developed a little too fast and hopefully leaving off on the three words takes things a little slow until NM.
I didn't catch it either, I've even seen that clip online since I read that he did that, and it's still hard for me to notice. I see his lips move, and really want to see it, but I don't know if he says "I love you"

Anyone else have a thought on this? I'm DYING to know now :lol:

EDIT ok, I watched it yet again haha, and I guess his lips do move for a second there, and as jazzgirl said, he "barely mouths the words"
After more viewings I'm just about convinced on this. I can't believe I never noticed it before! Have to say, I love how subtle it is, it almost makes it more powerful

If it's true, I have to say, I ADORE that scene even more now. Thanks for posting that!!
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
escapist1901
Settled in Forks

Post by escapist1901 »

So I ended up seeing Twilight for a fourth - yes, as in 4 viewings! - time! But this time I went with my mother who had not read the saga and really didn't even know about the movie. This was a very cool opportunity to discuss the movie!

First, she absolutely loved it and has since read the entire series! And let's note, my mother is a very busy lady and taking time to read is simply not something she usually hase the luxury to do!
So she was completely engrossed in the film! And interestingly she actually liked almost every aspect of the film that I originally was so disappointed with! I'm not going to go into tremendous detail about her reaction because she has expressed interest in joining the forum and I'd rather she talk abut it herself! But here are a few things that we discussed that either got me thinking about my initial reactions and/or affirmed my changes of heart after seeing the movie so many times:

* My mom loved Bella! Where I struggled with just how dour she seemed and felt KS protrayed her as rather immature, my mom found her very mature and her nature quite relatable in terms of a mother's experience raising two girls. In fact, after reading the saga, my mom felt movie Bella was much more mature than Bella in the book and preferred her on screen to on page!

* Where I found the screenplay to be severely lacking and choppy in its flow, my mom found it engaging and very easy to follow. (This has gotten a bit better for me with mutilple viewings) When I mentioned my love of the sound track and pointed out the songs that I thought were especially good she replied that she had be so engrossed in the story that she hadn't even noticed the music!

* I was very bothered by the special effects and felt they distracted from the movie, my mom again was so into the story that she didn't notice

* My mom did not feel that the acting was stilted or awkward at any point, I had felt (and still kind of do) that it was

Hopefully my mom will be on here soon to eleaborate on her reaction to the film as well as the saga!
"I didn't see that one coming!"
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Jazz Girl wrote:So, I have to share. Thursday night was the last evening the film was in theaters near me. So, as a farewell, I took my oldest son to see it for the first time (I made him finish the novel first). Now, I am in mourning, desperately awaiting the dvd release. I can't believe I have to wait three months!! I need a support group.
We're here for you Jazz Girl! LOL!! I think we're all in the same boat. I can't wait to see what the deleted and extended scenes are. Then, I'll have to get the director's cut in Blue-Ray! Gah! March can't come soon enough!
:D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:So, I have to share. Thursday night was the last evening the film was in theaters near me. So, as a farewell, I took my oldest son to see it for the first time (I made him finish the novel first). Now, I am in mourning, desperately awaiting the dvd release. I can't believe I have to wait three months!! I need a support group.
We're here for you Jazz Girl! LOL!! I think we're all in the same boat. I can't wait to see what the deleted and extended scenes are. Then, I'll have to get the director's cut in Blue-Ray! Gah! March can't come soon enough!
:D
Hi, my name is Jazz Girl and I am addicted to Twilight. Thank you for your support, TwilightSagaAddict, and everyone. At least, and of course, I still have the novels to keep me company. And, gods bless my hisband, he surprised me by downloading the trailer on my new iPod. So, at least I can get a fix now and then! :D Only 53 days to wait for the dvd!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Jazz Girl wrote:Hi, my name is Jazz Girl and I am addicted to Twilight. Thank you for your support, TwilightSagaAddict, and everyone. At least, and of course, I still have the novels to keep me company. And, gods bless my hisband, he surprised me by downloading the trailer on my new iPod. So, at least I can get a fix now and then! :D Only 53 days to wait for the dvd!
*in unison* Hi, Jazz Girl!

lol...twilightsagaaddict, there's going to be a director's cut on blu-ray? Looks like I may need to get a blu-ray player sooner than I thought! haha

escapist, I gotta say, I love KS as Bella, and that's after reading the whole series before I saw the movie. I love the soundtrack, too, especially Never Think ;) And Supermassive Black Hole is now my ringtone, haha
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
twilightsagaaddict

TeamEdward1918 wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Hi, my name is Jazz Girl and I am addicted to Twilight. Thank you for your support, TwilightSagaAddict, and everyone. At least, and of course, I still have the novels to keep me company. And, gods bless my hisband, he surprised me by downloading the trailer on my new iPod. So, at least I can get a fix now and then! :D Only 53 days to wait for the dvd!
*in unison* Hi, Jazz Girl!

lol...twilightsagaaddict, there's going to be a director's cut on blu-ray? Looks like I may need to get a blu-ray player sooner than I thought! haha

escapist, I gotta say, I love KS as Bella, and that's after reading the whole series before I saw the movie. I love the soundtrack, too, especially Never Think ;) And Supermassive Black Hole is now my ringtone, haha
Here's one of the links regarding the Blue-ray release:
http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA ... c=topstory

And I know I read somewhere that it would be a "Director's Cut", but I can't find it.

Jazz Girl, where did your husband find the trailer? You-tube? They have some good ones one there ( I can't believe I'm 40 and going on You-tube to watch movie trailers!! LOL!!) :lol: But I guess that's why I'm part of our support group!
Banner by TammyAZ
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Thanks for the link!

And I know the question wasn't directed towards me, but I gotta help a fan out, haha....you can download the trailer on itunes for free. You can also downlaod an exclusive clip for free that has a couple scenes from the movie, definitely worth getting! :D
E<3B
twilightsagaaddict

TeamEdward1918 wrote:Thanks for the link!

And I know the question wasn't directed towards me, but I gotta help a fan out, haha....you can download the trailer on itunes for free. You can also downlaod an exclusive clip for free that has a couple scenes from the movie, definitely worth getting! :D
Excellent!! Thanks!
Banner by TammyAZ
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

You're welcome! Have fun watching them over and over! I know I have...a lot :lol:
E<3B