Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lynne21
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by lynne21 »

jlbower79 wrote:Did I mention I can't wait to see it again!?

EEK!

WOOT WOOT!
lol. yeah, i'm going to see it tomorrow again! so excited.:)
bitemebeautiful
Settled in Forks

Post by bitemebeautiful »

A lot of people were talking about the beginning with him holding his nose, Edward is a gentleman! He wouldn't have done that (even though he wanted to kill her!) And wasn't Eric suppose to be SHY?

I thought the movie was really rushed! Like Edward didn't just spit out all his family's secrets it was a intense convo And them falling in love was WAY rushed! It just showed glimpses of what actually happened like the whole movie was just a commercial's worth of info compared to the book.

I thought Jaspers character was Hilarious!! Hahahahahaha He looked so awkward!! Oh and when they showed the scene where Edward was glittering! That was Beyond Hilarious! It def made a joke out of it even though i think they were going for intense.

The beginning of the movie was slightly over done BUT the end was GREAT!! I loved the whole movie from the baseball scene to the end pretty much! BAseball scene (before the nomads got there! Was AWESOME!! Exactly what i thought!! Hahaahaha! Really it was funny and I'm still going to buy even though there were somethings i didn't like!! :lol: :mrgreen:
Peace&Love
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

Please! Go see it again... I really felt the rushness and the weirdness of it the first time but after the second time around it really just melted my heart. I saw my Twilight. I Saw It! It was BIG BEAUTIFUL AND FULL OF CRACKNESS!!

WOOT WOOT!

*licks her banner*
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
xKatieCullenx
Settled in Forks

Post by xKatieCullenx »

Oh my gosh the movie was soo good!

Well, realistically speaking, some parts were mediocre (eg. special effects, some of the facial expressions), but overall, I really enjoyed it. I went in with realistic expectations I think, and reading some of the reviews beforehand really set me up for the film. I loved the dreary, ominous vibe of the movie and the ambience of the color scheme as well. Robert was sexy as hell and Kristin was gorgeous so the eye candy was great. I loveedd the Cullens--I thought their casting for them was spot on, and I actually thought it was funny how they made Jasper out to be really intense and akward. And he and Alice were so cute together! Also, the vamp baseball scene was love, especially combined with Muse, you can't go wrong. :) The first half of the movie I thought was a little forced and some of the long pauses and stares were really hard to get through, but the second half really pulled through, and I absolutely died during the Port Angeles scene I loved it so much and I almost cried when Bella had to tell Charlie she had to leave (the interactions between those two were brilliant btw, so funny). Also, the ballet scene was pretty intense. I guess the beginning scenes were just trying to be serious, but ended up being unintentionally funny which kind of ruined that for me, but they pulled off the more important scenes, so that's okay. Also the kiss---sooo hot! I loved that part. I kind of wished Edward would just be like "ah screw it" and just give in lol.

So overall, loved the soundtrack, acting was good, script was funny, and oh! Jacob and his fellow natives were soooo amazingly good looking. I can't wait for more Jacob in New Moon haha. :) Gosh, months of waiting and its finally here, and I'm glad I'm not disapointed. I must see this movie again soon!
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

When Rob says the word “Worry” during the carwash and it comes out all British… OMG that was cute!
I noticed that too! Then I thought I was hearing things... :lol:

*licks her banner*
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jlbower79

Post by jlbower79 »

Oh and to THANK my boss for surprising me by showing up at the theater to join me..

I did this to her...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/ ... IM0828.jpg

she'll see it first thing Monday morning.... she's going to sh*t herself... WOOTWOOT!

To Know Me Is Not To Love Me... It's To Laugh For Me.

WOOTWOOT!

I love crack.
Geekette
Settled in Forks

Post by Geekette »

I really liked it. I went in all nervous that it was going to be horrible, plus my hubby came along and he's not a huge love story kind of guy. He gets a bit nervous I think when lovey dovey stuff is going on. Plus he hasn't and wont read the books (he's just not a book person). Anyways I was pleasantly surprised. I'm hoping to see it again on the 5th or 6th with a friend. My hubby liked it also. He said that he enjoyed it and I about died. lol Finally he sees why I'm addicted to the books. He's been asking me endless questions about the book and I love telling him new things and seeing his interest. He still wont read the books but he's now looking forward to New Moon too.
~*~Crissa~*~
E<3B
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

jlbower79 wrote: I can’t wait to see it again… First time I gave it a C… second time an A- (the lipstick and the dingling, sorry
PLEASE let this be the case for me!!!! All of your initial negative reactions were exactly the same as mine, only I'm adding corny special effects to the list. I'm planning on seeing the movie again in the next week or two... Crossing my fingers for a change of heart like you!
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Jessa
Settled in Forks

Post by Jessa »

I 100% agree with those who said to give it a second chance if you were disappointed. I can't even begin to tell you how much better I liked it the second time. I really think seeing it again, after I already knew what to expect (and therefore not paying such uber-close attention to the differences and similarities to the book) REALLY helped me to relax and enjoy it :)
jlbower79

Post by jlbower79 »

twilight1909 wrote:
jlbower79 wrote: I can’t wait to see it again… First time I gave it a C… second time an A- (the lipstick and the dingling, sorry
PLEASE let this be the case for me!!!! All of your initial negative reactions were exactly the same as mine, only I'm adding corny special effects to the list. I'm planning on seeing the movie again in the next week or two... Crossing my fingers for a change of heart like you!
I was totally speechless when I walked out today because of how my dissapointment completely changed. I think I just saw too many clips and I also had read the script so the first time I knew what was going to happen and maybe that's why it totally blew? It felt so rushed the first time but the second time I took it ALL IN. I loved it! I can't believe how much I loved it! :D

And Corney effects was my number 10, hehe.

I'm sort of pissed it's not playing in my town though so I have to drive a fair distance to see it. I mean I can't believe it's not playing here, totally blows! WHO wouldn't play Twilight! Hello!? I can't complain too much because they are tearing down the theater in two months or so... so I'll live in a town with no movie theater, how messed up is that? HICKVILLE!