Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward99
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by TeamEdward99 »

It was better the second time. I loved the Victoria ending. Good New Moon starter. The prom scene was good. A little off though. I LOVED the baseball seen. So cool. The fight scene was super good. Robert Pattinson could have done better I think. Kristen couldn't have been better.
~TeamEdward99 :D
Have a nice day! 8-)
watchoverme
Settled in Forks

Post by watchoverme »

Hopefully this is the right place to put this - the other threads didn't seem like quite the right place for it. I've seen the movie 4 times, and there is one (well, more than one...) thing that bothers me - this is probably the biggest though. Maybe some of you could shed some light on it and help me see past my fangirl tunnel vision.

After "The Game" has begun sotospeak, and Edward and Bella are back at her house and she is packing, we see James near her house (at least, it seems to me that he is in the distinct vicinity, as he appeared to be listening to the planning that was going on). Given that we know of the extremely refined senses, wouldn't Edward have been tipped off, particularly by his scent? And the same for the prom scene, where you see Victoria at the jukebox.

The only thing that's really making sense of this for me is that Edward was so focused, he just simply wasn't paying attention to it. For prom, maybe it was the sheer number of different scents that were weaving together that masked Victoria.

Just some musings of things that have confused me. :)
Megan

4 Books. 2360 Pages. Worth every second.

Before you, my life was like a moonless night...
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

watchoverme wrote:Hopefully this is the right place to put this - the other threads didn't seem like quite the right place for it. I've seen the movie 4 times, and there is one (well, more than one...) thing that bothers me - this is probably the biggest though. Maybe some of you could shed some light on it and help me see past my fangirl tunnel vision.

After "The Game" has begun sotospeak, and Edward and Bella are back at her house and she is packing, we see James near her house (at least, it seems to me that he is in the distinct vicinity, as he appeared to be listening to the planning that was going on). Given that we know of the extremely refined senses, wouldn't Edward have been tipped off, particularly by his scent? And the same for the prom scene, where you see Victoria at the jukebox.

The only thing that's really making sense of this for me is that Edward was so focused, he just simply wasn't paying attention to it. For prom, maybe it was the sheer number of different scents that were weaving together that masked Victoria.

Just some musings of things that have confused me. :)
Well in the book we know that James heard the last bit of what Bella said to Charlie because Edward said this. He also said the tracker is following them but that he won't hunt tonight so they go to Edwards house. That stuff is all from the book. And that's what the film portrayed.

But what you said about Victoria at the prom scene is a bit hmm I can't find the right world. lol. I agree with you because Edward should've definately smelled or heard Victoria from a mile away. That part is truly sketchy and doesn't support the book at all. Maybe they should've just left it out?

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I agreeVanquish. Edward knows that James is close by... they are hoping that he hears that Bella is leaving and won't be back at the house, thereby keeping Charlie safe.

The whole Victoria at the prom thing is out of place. Edward would have for sure known she was there... however, I can understand that the film makers wanted to leave something interesting hanging that would lead into the sequel. Could have maybe been done by just showing her running through the woods somewhere, just to remind viewers that she was still alive, but they probably wanted to go for something more threatening.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
twilightpoint
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightpoint »

An honest review of the movie, Twilight.

Agree? Disagree?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Yeah, so I admit it. I am just a bit obsessed. I have gotten to the point where I will find just about any excuse to see the movie. Last night, I took my sister-in-law, who is a huge fan of the series, but had resisted seeing the movie. Of course, she loved it. I won't even say how many times I have actually seen it, but it's in at least the high teens, and I can honestly say it has gotten better each time. The reason I love the movie so much is how true it is to the book. I know a lot of you disagree with me, but even the scenes that are "add-ins" I think are in the spirit of the books. I love the fact that I keep finding new little details that just crack me up.
For instance, during the "what if I'm the bad guy" scene, I had always been so focused on Bella and Edward, I had never really noticed the table with Mike and Erik and Tyler and the lot behind them, except for when Edward calls attention to it. But, if you watch the background through the scene, you see them staring and sniping the whole time. It's hysterical. It's just like when Mike's asking Bella to prom and it is so much more fun to watch Edward in the background.
Something else I noticed was the arrangement of the Cullens during the confrontation with James, Laurent and Victoria. I like the way CH staged them. The family members who are most supportive of the relationship are closest to Edward and Bella. Esme, as the most supportive, guards Bella while Edward steps up to defend her. Alice and Jasper are right there with Edward, though Jasper has a hand on Alice's arm the whole time (I'm sure to yank her out of the way if anyone attacks). Carlisle is the center, as he should be. Emmett is next, and then Rosealie on the end, of course. It is these little details that endear the movie to me so much.
On a sad note, I just found out that this will be the last week the movie is still in theaters near me. The funny thing is, everytime I have gone to see it, there has been a good crowd. Regardless of day and time, I have never been the only one in the theater. Last night, a 4:50 showing on a Sunday, there were 30 people in the theater. Thank the gods I only have to wait 2 months for the dvd, but it's going to be a really hard two months :cry: . At least I have the books to keep me company. :)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Jazz Girl wrote:Yeah, so I admit it. I am just a bit obsessed. I have gotten to the point where I will find just about any excuse to see the movie. Last night, I took my sister-in-law, who is a huge fan of the series, but had resisted seeing the movie. Of course, she loved it. I won't even say how many times I have actually seen it, but it's in at least the high teens, and I can honestly say it has gotten better each time. The reason I love the movie so much is how true it is to the book. I know a lot of you disagree with me, but even the scenes that are "add-ins" I think are in the spirit of the books. I love the fact that I keep finding new little details that just crack me up.
For instance, during the "what if I'm the bad guy" scene, I had always been so focused on Bella and Edward, I had never really noticed the table with Mike and Erik and Tyler and the lot behind them, except for when Edward calls attention to it. But, if you watch the background through the scene, you see them staring and sniping the whole time. It's hysterical. It's just like when Mike's asking Bella to prom and it is so much more fun to watch Edward in the background.
Something else I noticed was the arrangement of the Cullens during the confrontation with James, Laurent and Victoria. I like the way CH staged them. The family members who are most supportive of the relationship are closest to Edward and Bella. Esme, as the most supportive, guards Bella while Edward steps up to defend her. Alice and Jasper are right there with Edward, though Jasper has a hand on Alice's arm the whole time (I'm sure to yank her out of the way if anyone attacks). Carlisle is the center, as he should be. Emmett is next, and then Rosealie on the end, of course. It is these little details that endear the movie to me so much.
On a sad note, I just found out that this will be the last week the movie is still in theaters near me. The funny thing is, everytime I have gone to see it, there has been a good crowd. Regardless of day and time, I have never been the only one in the theater. Last night, a 4:50 showing on a Sunday, there were 30 people in the theater. Thank the gods I only have to wait 2 months for the dvd, but it's going to be a really hard two months :cry: . At least I have the books to keep me company. :)
I've seen the movie 2x in the theaters, and a friend gave us an ok "copy" so I've seen it a number of times at home (my 11 yo daughter has now watched it 9 times?). One of the things I've picked up in my numerous viewings is during the baseball scene (which is my favorite!) is when Rosalie slides into home plate and Bella calls her out, she walks by Carlisle who says "nice kitty"..I thought it was hysterical!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Vampire4eva
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Vampire4eva »

LOL!!! Little things like that makes me like the movie even more.
Vampire4eva
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Vampire4eva »

twilightpoint wrote:An honest review of the movie, Twilight.

Agree? Disagree?
Did you write that review?

I actually agree with the positive comments in the review but I have to disagree with some of the negative comments.
I think reading the books gives false hope and actually heightens expectations, I can say that because the first time I saw this film I hadnt read the book.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

twilightpoint wrote:An honest review of the movie, Twilight.

Agree? Disagree?

hmm I thought your review was interesting, I agreed with all of your good, not all of your bad. I think anyone who has read the book is definitely placing way too much on the actors, especially robert and kristen and rosalie. no one is ever going to live up to everyones expectations! but still, a very nice review!

personally i loved robert pattinson as edward..i had read MS on Stephenies site and as I watched the movie I felt like he was thinking exactly what edward was thinking...but Im not sure it always came off properly, some of his reactions kinda made me laugh out loud but over all i liked him!

I was ok with a lot of the special effects too because they could have been SO much worse. Maybe I was just so scared that they would be bad that when I actually saw the movie i was just relieved more than anything

I made various friends go with me who hadn't read the book, some hated it and some loved it so Im kind of curious how the experience would be if i had never read the books...