Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by fanMNM »

When I saw the movie, I was half way through reading Twilight. When I saw Taylor on teh screen, I leaned over to my friend and said "wow, he looks like a werewolf!" but I had no clue he would actually turn into one. She had already read all 4 books and so she turned to me and said..."did you skip ahead?? how did you know he's a werewolf??" I just laughed because I hadn't really known but she gave it away there :)

Thank you Naureen!!
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

At least I'm not completely alone :lol:

All of my friends, and my mom, guessed it before Bella figured it out
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
mayawolf
Settled in Forks

Post by mayawolf »

hi everyone. i have to agree with a lot of what was mentioned here. i dearly missed the meadow scene as it was written. sm created such a tone and beautiful moment in her words and to have been able to see it would have been incredible. the meadow scene, to me anyway, was a crucial point in their relationship. it defined exactly how much they felt for one another and it took them to the next level emotionally. i wish they would of expanded on it and just left it as it was in the book.

along the same lines as that, i was a bit disappointed with how much was taken out of their "conversations" and just edwards and bella's growing and intense love/feelings for one another. as it has already been said, unless you read the books, i don't think the average viewer would of gotten just how much in love and soul-mate connected they became.

i did like the kissing scene, very passionate and it showed how edward had to fight with himself for control. oh and i also laughed at the scene in the beginning when bella hit jacob with her car door, i thought that was cute. also on the likes, the instant tension when edward and jacob meet up at the prom and how when mike is asking her to the prom she and edward just keep staring at one another, even as he's in the background. speaking of prom, my only real issue with that scene was how victoria was present. someone else also mentioned it on here somewhere, and while i understand they put her there for a lead in to nm, edward would of smelled her a mile away if she was truly there.

i know that mr had to quickly get the script finished up as the writer's strike was happening but i still feel the meadow was a center point and should of been written almost first thing.

i think thats it for now, sorry to be so long winded!

p.s. i read somewhere that another draft or side notes were written and leaked online and that was closer to the book, does anyone know a link for that or have any dialogue as i can't seem to find it?

p.s.s. sorry if this is the wrong thread for that!
DaiiDreams
Settled in Forks

Post by DaiiDreams »

I agree. The meadow scene was crucial; seeing as it was the inspiration for Stephenie for the whole series. I think they sped through the Bella-Edward relationship too fast; you didn't get any sense of them falling in love.
I think in the prom scene, the part where Edward says "I leave you alone for one minute and the wolves descend" (or something like that), shouldn't have been put in because at that point Jacob isn't a wolf yet and it sort of gives it away to people who don't know yet and are planning on reading the books. The fact Victoria was there didn't make any sense either because surely Edward would have been able to smell her?
They also cut out a lot of the talking from the restaurant scene which was kind of important on Edward-Bella's relationship but instead they inserted some strange scene in the woods which i thought was ridiculous.
A bit dissapointed in the sections they cut out of the movie, to be honest.

P.S. This is probably the wrong thread but did anyone catch the deleted scene preview on access hollywood? I thought it was good... up till the point Kristen put her finger in Rob's mouth and he bites her. What's that all about?
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Post by JessRuby »

DaiiDreams wrote:The fact Victoria was there didn't make any sense either because surely Edward would have been able to smell her?
Or at least heard her thoughts, eh?
But it did leave room for a sequel; it left people thinking "Oh no, is Victoria going to get revenge, or what?"
DaiiDreams wrote:P.S. This is probably the wrong thread but did anyone catch the deleted scene preview on access hollywood? I thought it was good... up till the point Kristen put her finger in Rob's mouth and he bites her. What's that all about?
I saw that, and my goodness, I am so glad they cut out that scene! It was just.. awkward. I thought the acting was done terribly, Kristen mumbled her lines, and Edward biting Bella's finger just to taste her blood??! Yeah. Right.
That would have never happened - completely not an Edward thing to do at all.

Definitely glad they cut that. And not to mention, if Edward could just taste her blood so easily in that scene, it would make the Ballet studio scene sort of dumb because in that part he can't stop tasting her blood.

Blah, definitely glad they cut it. It would have contradicted a lot.
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."
sillyme
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sillyme »

I'm new here :D Just wanted to post my opinion quick about this deleted scene before I run off and do some exploring...but I thought it was pretty cute! I mean, in the end I'm glad they didn't put it in because it is extremely out of character, but the scene itself was cute. And I don't know if Edward really "bit" her...I think he just playfully bit her...and too if you watch the scene again, I think Rob looked a little confused when Kristen asked him if he wanted a taste...he kind of had a WTF expression...lol! But anyways, yes, it's out of character, yes, it would NEVER happen in the book, yes, I'm glad they didn't put it in, but yes, I thought it was cute. If anything, it was more a Rob/Kristen moment. :D
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Completely agree sillyme!! For what it is, I love watching it. They're so cute, and he looks amazing as usual :D

So that's what she was saying??? She was asking if he wanted a "taste" lol. I couldn't understand the last thing she says before he bites her, and then suddenly he bites her finger, I was going "RANDOM!" :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up ;)

EDIT Welcome to the lex btw! :D
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
sillyme

Post by sillyme »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:Completely agree sillyme!! For what it is, I love watching it. They're so cute, and he looks amazing as usual :D

EDIT Welcome to the lex btw! :D
Thanks so much :D I'm so excited to be on the band wagon this time around! But yes, Rob does look gorgeous as usual, and the way he says "Yeah", just turned my heart into goo...:lol: It's unfortunate that the dialogue in that scene coincided with the "bite", because that was actually relevant and could have been included in the movie. But oh well. All in all I think it was cute, and am so excited for the scene they show tomorrow :D
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

I'm sure you'll love the lex, I do! :D

You're right, some of the dialogue was from the book, and would have been cute in the actual movie. You know the next scene that's coming, right???? *screams* I'm gonna die...really, I may never return to the lex after tomorrow :lol: So if I never come back...you'll know why ;)
E<3B
Bellsuz

Post by Bellsuz »

I loved seeing the deleted scene today, but I also had no idea why he was biting her finger, I didn't hear her say anything about tasting, so now it makes a lot more sense.

Reading back a bit, I do have to agree with a lot of people. I was terribly disappointed with the meadow scene. I hated the way it was shown. The scene was the most crucial scene for many reasons and when they were just lying there with the music playing over and the camera angles, I couldn't stand it. I was really disappointed. :cry:

My favorite scene was probably the kissing scene, I thought both Rob and Kristin portrayed that right on. But I've only seen it once (what kind of fan am I?!??!). I'll know more once I get my DVD, yay!!

<edit>
TeamEdward1918 wrote: You know the next scene that's coming, right???? *screams* I'm gonna die...really, I may never return to the lex after tomorrow :lol: So if I never come back...you'll know why ;)
No, what is it???
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)