Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by Amethyst1 »

Ichigo Kitty wrote:I felt like the movie was too short... did they cut out a lot? If they didn't it must be my imagination...
that's what i was thinking. LOL!! but the movie was good. except it seemed so short.
i heard there are like 10 deleted scenes in the DVD so we'll see.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Ichigo Kitty wrote:I felt like the movie was too short... did they cut out a lot? If they didn't it must be my imagination...
that's what i was thinking. LOL!! but the movie was good. except it seemed so short.
i heard there are like 10 deleted scenes in the DVD so we'll see + extras
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

some of the lines that they added were REALLY funny (cat, better hang in tight spidermonkey, she thinks we cheat, my monkey man, and study buddy, shoulder to cry on, lunch date?)
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
Marley
Settled in Forks

Post by Marley »

I agree with so many of you.

The forrest scene was not done right, and they forgot to label it Edwards, soooo isnt it important to New moon that it is her and edwards special place???

and yeah... leaving out Alice's story was lame, It was such a shock in the book when james informed bella that he tracked alice too, how she was the one who got away, and her history on the short hair. I was almost insulted that was left out.

I agree on the blood in the lab scene too, that seemed quite informitive to me.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am now re-reading Twilight after seeing the movie, although I just finished my initial reading of Twilight about a week and a half ago (it really is addicting!).

There are a few things I am glad they added or rearranged. I am extremely happy with the arrival of Edward and Bella at school (aka SUNGLASSES!) for the first time together. In the book, the only person who really witnessed that arrival was Jessica, but I actually liked it being the entire school in the movie.

I was very pleased with the van scene and how it was portrayed. It honestly was exactly as I pictured when I read that part in the book. I did not like that they had Edward running off immediately. In the book, he stayed with Bella all the way through to the hospital. I felt like that portion of time really captured the beginning of their relationship.

I thought the meadow scene was strange. I can get past the conversation in the woods, but the scene were she is slowly laying back in the meadow seems overly corny to me. It just didn't seem natural or relevent to me.

And only because this was the first time that I personally felt the lure of Edward, I was sad that they abandoned the lunch scene where Edward sits at a table alone and motions Bella to sit with him with just a wink and curled finger. I would have loved to see that.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

soozabooza54 wrote:I don't think having a beer on a saturday afternoon makes you an alcoholic...

also, as far as the love story goes, it all happens quite quickly in the book too... sure, they talk to each other more and all that, but really, all the sudden they love each other. it's quite sweet.
he's drinking everytime you see him. but anyway the talking and getting to know one another is the best part, that how lust turns into love.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I feel like it never really "turns into love" in the book... it just is. And the way Edward deals is to try to learn everything he can about her... well, because of that, and because he's used to not having to ask. :)

As for Charlie... totally not an alcoholic. Just enjoys a beer on a Saturday afternoon... or during watching the game with friends. Aint no thing. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
cullen_kissez

Post by cullen_kissez »

They shouldn't have rearranged the meadow scene .. its gonna take away all the glitz and glamour in NW, or Eclipse.
If they put Laurent in, they gotta come up with a damn good storyline as to how Bella 'stumbled' into that meadow again ..
And in Eclipse when Edward told her the deal was off ..
bummer..

And those kissing scenes!!
"What am I going to do with you?" he groaned in exasperation. "Yesterday I kiss you, an
you attack me! Today you pass out on me!"

How can they miss that ..

:(
Plus, I didn't too get it why Victoria was at the prom/ball?
Shouldn't she be literally salivating with all the fresh blood in the room?
I'm glad she's around for the next two movies, she's gonna get her Why are we talking about a donkey? kicked :D
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
twilight_fanpire
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilight_fanpire »

cullen_kissez wrote:They shouldn't have rearranged the meadow scene .. its gonna take away all the glitz and glamour in NW, or Eclipse.
If they put Laurent in, they gotta come up with a damn good storyline as to how Bella 'stumbled' into that meadow again ..
And in Eclipse when Edward told her the deal was off ..
bummer..

And those kissing scenes!!
"What am I going to do with you?" he groaned in exasperation. "Yesterday I kiss you, an
you attack me! Today you pass out on me!"

How can they miss that ..

:(
Plus, I didn't too get it why Victoria was at the prom/ball?
Shouldn't she be literally salivating with all the fresh blood in the room?
I'm glad she's around for the next two movies, she's gonna get her Why are we talking about a donkey? kicked :D
Well, I was thinking about the whole medow thing and maybe what they can do to make the story flow better is make Edward leave her in that medow that they were in and then she'll remember it because of that. :/ it's not as good as it being Edwards medow but it would atleast work this way.

And ya, I missed that whole kissing scene too! I love those parts of the book (they are so cute), and they cut them out :( I'm hoping maybe in the deleted scenes.

and for Victoria, what I'm thinking about this, is that they just put her there to show that she will be back. It's like foreshadowing things and setting it up for the next film.

EDIT: Quick question. Did anyone else notice that they spelt Emmetts name wrong in the end credits? haha they wrote Emmet. My friend pointed it out to me and I was like :o :shock: haha
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC,Inc.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.." <3 E<3B
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

thats very good.. leaving her in the meadow. I've been thinking (and coming up with nothing) about how they could do it but that is a very good idea!!

I really really really wish they would have had to meadow though.. They couldnt have filmed it in pieces?? when it was cloudy?? or just made it look cloudy?/ or heck just make him sparkle the whole time lol