melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Catherine fired!

Post by melting into you »

melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Catherine fired!

Post by melting into you »

Whoops forgot to say LOVE it if they film both movies back to back. Hope the actors won't feel too much pressure. I'm shocked about Catherine would love to hear your feelings. Not sure if this is where I was supposed to put it?
alinc
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by alinc »

Just read the posted article from LA Times

from it:
"She even went so far as to film a scene from "Midnight Sun," Meyer's as-yet-unfinished retelling of "Twilight" from Edward's perspective, which will be included as a bonus for fans on the film's forthcoming DVD."

does anyone else want to see this immediately?
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

alinc wrote:Just read the posted article from LA Times

from it:
"She even went so far as to film a scene from "Midnight Sun," Meyer's as-yet-unfinished retelling of "Twilight" from Edward's perspective, which will be included as a bonus for fans on the film's forthcoming DVD."

YES OF COURSE! I can't wait for the DVD... they've mentioned that they may be releasing a 2 disc and maybe even a 3 disc set. I can't wait to see all the deleted scenes and extra... a couple things I'm hoping for in particular: the Midnight Sun scene, Rob's version of the lullaby, and the original kissing scene (um more kissing, who wouldn't want to see that?!?!)
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

Just read the posted article from LA Times

from it:

UH

YEAH!
of course!

and uh... I really don't know what to say about Catherine Hardwicke not being director of the next installment. I actually thought that the WRITER was the issue with the first movie. but you never know... a new director may not allow such a terrible botching of the next movie. I'm just hoping that people will UNDERSTAND the next movie... seeing as how the first installment didn't set it up very well.

but as for the Twilight DVD... I can't wait! I am super excited to see what else was filmed.
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
MidnightStar
Settled in Forks

Post by MidnightStar »

Ok, I haven't read all SEVENTEEN pages, but I noticed something crucial that no one else had mentioned as far as I can tell.

Apparently no one had considered how impossible it would be for Victoria to attend the prom. Let me spell out what a huge mistake this was to have been added.

1. She a vampire, Edward would smell her and her cover would be blown.

2. Edward would be able to read her mind, and would notice the one person in the crowd who was plotting
Bella's demise.

I love the movie, I've seen it three times already but I can't help but feel cheated by the filmmakers who although they evidently loved the book, they missed crucial details.

Not just the meadow, or the lack of build up in romance between Bella and Edward, but they screwed up lines which changed Edward's character completely!!!

Everyone has mentioned the "sex, money, sex, money, cat" line and although I think it's funny too, it changes who Edward actually is. He is too much of a gentlemen to ever talk openly about sex on a first date. They get married so that he can keep his virtue for heaven's sake! Plus the line where he describes Bella as his own person brand of heroin is completely out of character too!

In the books, Bella compares herself to heroin, she's the experienced city girl. For Edward to say the line takes away from his old fashioned charm and innocence. He knows about heroin obviously, but his mind would never go there automatically.

Finally I have to gripe about Bella's Lullaby. The piano music is way too simplistic for the level of musical ability we were sold in the book! It's a nice tune, but it seems like they dumbed it down so that Rob could play it on camera without the need to bring in a pro for the difficult parts.

Anyway, can't wait for New Moon. Thanks for letting me rant. :)
Like the morning sun your eyes will follow me
As you watch me wander, curse the powers that be
alinc
Settled in Forks

Post by alinc »

If they release a three-disc set I'll have died and gone to heaven
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

MidnightStar wrote:Ok, I haven't read all SEVENTEEN pages, but I noticed something crucial that no one else had mentioned as far as I can tell.

Apparently no one had considered how impossible it would be for Victoria to attend the prom. Let me spell out what a huge mistake this was to have been added.

1. She a vampire, Edward would smell her and her cover would be blown.

2. Edward would be able to read her mind, and would notice the one person in the crowd who was plotting
Bella's demise.

I love the movie, I've seen it three times already but I can't help but feel cheated by the filmmakers who although they evidently loved the book, they missed crucial details.

Not just the meadow, or the lack of build up in romance between Bella and Edward, but they screwed up lines which changed Edward's character completely!!!

Everyone has mentioned the "sex, money, sex, money, cat" line and although I think it's funny too, it changes who Edward actually is. He is too much of a gentlemen to ever talk openly about sex on a first date. They get married so that he can keep his virtue for heaven's sake! Plus the line where he describes Bella as his own person brand of heroin is completely out of character too!

In the books, Bella compares herself to heroin, she's the experienced city girl. For Edward to say the line takes away from his old fashioned charm and innocence. He knows about heroin obviously, but his mind would never go there automatically.

Finally I have to gripe about Bella's Lullaby. The piano music is way too simplistic for the level of musical ability we were sold in the book! It's a nice tune, but it seems like they dumbed it down so that Rob could play it on camera without the need to bring in a pro for the difficult parts.

Anyway, can't wait for New Moon. Thanks for letting me rant. :)
I couldn't agree with you more. I am looking forward to seeing the DVD to see what was left out of the movie. I'm guessing it might have been everything important that was left out of the film. I also hope the new director makes New Moon as close to the book as possible.
Sullie06
Learning to Love Green

Post by Sullie06 »

Okay first of all I just wanna state that I did not read all 17 pages.

I was actually very pleased with the movie. The movie is a fim ADAPTIATION of the book, it isn't the book word for word on the screen. I thought they did a great job bringing the book to the screen without ruiening the book. My husband saw the movie with me, having never read the books, and loved it. I went to see it the first time with 6 friends, none of whom read the book. They all understood the movie perfectly fine.

I loved the way they portrayed the meeting the Cullens at the house and the baseball scene. Very entertaining. I also liked how they showed Bella and Edward talking with no sound. It shows they had these conversations and fell in love without having 5 hours of conversation.
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

mananda wrote: I too wish they would have spent more time in the Cullen house. The scene in Carlisle's office would have been nice to see. I do like how they did some flashbacks. Like when they were hunting and came into contact with the Quilletes. (spelling?)
That part was weird. What was with the hats they were wearing?

Like pretty much everyone here, I was disappointed with the meadow, too. AND I wanted to see the dazzel bit.
They missed out on Bella and Edward's chemistry, all the conversations and the intense moments together. Like that day before they went to the meadow, where she first sees Edward's bare chest or something. And she was like, *Dazzled*. And they failed to mention Jasper's power, too. that was REALLY disappointing.
They missed out on ALOT, i think. And that disappointed me even more.