Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by fanMNM »

[quote="lilmisstrouble
Wow, I totally agree with you on A LOT of the stuff you mentioned!

- When they leave the baseball field, with Emmett in the car and Bella coming up with the plan - yeah I miss that too! I really wish they hadn't changed that. :(
I also miss Bella developing her relationship with Jasper and Alice at the hotel. It's a shame that whole sequence was so rushed.

- Hated those sneakers on Bella as well. Believe me, I heart me some All Stars. But not for prom, not for Bella at prom, just... no.

- Yes, I do wish they had stuck with the book when Edward was strong enough to stop sucking Bella's venom out. It would've showed more self-control towards his instincts and Bella as well. Like the book suggests.

- I also wish they had shown a longer conversation between Bella and Jacob at prom. The way they put in the movie just looked silly and unnecessary and that scene is huge in the book, especially for NM.

- I wish I had seen Bella cook for Charlie. At least once.

- That cafeteria scene with Edward sitting alone at the table so Bella could join him - OH MAN I MISS THAT THE MOST!!! It's one of my favorite chapters, I read that over and over again and I SO miss that! Most of their chemistry comes from that chapter alone.

I could go on and on but Michelle's post sums up most of what I thought. Thanks, Michelle! :)[/quote]

lilmisstrouble...

Thanks for agreeing with me :) I thought maybe I was just ranting...lol. Glad to know I wasn't alone in some of my opinions...

And I really agree about seeing Bella cook for Charlie...I do feel like a lot of the relationships were lacking...but maybe it was just so easy to do in a book and so hard to do in a film? Who knows...

Have a good day!

Thank you Naureen!!
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

hannaa wrote:I think I'm the only one on this, but every time I saw Jasper, he just looked sick and constipated. The baseball scene was the only scene he looked okay. He didn't convince me with his expressions that he was a)thirsting for Bella's blood and b) gifted in the extraordinary sense of controlling people's moods.

But I heard somewhere, that they cut out (of the movie) the fact that Jasper can change people's moods...[/quote]

Hmmm, interesting. Sad choice, but interesting. I wonder at what point in the series they're gonna decide to bring that back (for the movies, of course)...
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
hannaa wrote:I think I'm the only one on this, but every time I saw Jasper, he just looked sick and constipated. The baseball scene was the only scene he looked okay. He didn't convince me with his expressions that he was a)thirsting for Bella's blood and b) gifted in the extraordinary sense of controlling people's moods.

But I heard somewhere, that they cut out (of the movie) the fact that Jasper can change people's moods...
Hmmm, interesting. Sad choice, but interesting. I wonder at what point in the series they're gonna decide to bring that back (for the movies, of course)...[/quote]

I hadn't heard that, but I'd be really disappointed if they did chose to do so! I think it was such a huge part of Jasper and the way he fits into the story. Maybe they'll introduce it later? I hope so...

Thank you Naureen!!
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

fanMNM wrote:
lilmisstrouble wrote:

But I heard somewhere, that they cut out (of the movie) the fact that Jasper can change people's moods...
Hmmm, interesting. Sad choice, but interesting. I wonder at what point in the series they're gonna decide to bring that back (for the movies, of course)...

I hadn't heard that, but I'd be really disappointed if they did chose to do so! I think it was such a huge part of Jasper and the way he fits into the story. Maybe they'll introduce it later? I hope so...[/quote]

But I'm not 100 percent sure about that, but I think I heard that in one of the interviews...
Anyway, I hope that they add it in to the movie becuase it is a huge part of Jasper!
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
I think I'm the only one on this, but every time I saw Jasper, he just looked sick and constipated. The baseball scene was the only scene he looked okay. He didn't convince me with his expressions that he was a)thirsting for Bella's blood and b) gifted in the extraordinary sense of controlling people's moods.
oh man i completely agree... he looked SO AKWARD! i actually said to my friend after, "why did jasper look constipated for the entire movie?!" i realized after that it was supposed to convey that he was in pain/suffering having to smell all those humans, but it was over the top and he just looked WIERD.

and yeah like someone else mentioned, they said nothing about his powers, which was a shame because then he would have seemed more useful in the movie...

dont get me wrong, i like jasper in the book, and i have nothing against jackson rathbone.. it was just the constipated face i had a problem with... he was normal in the baseball scene.
NZTwilighter wrote:Hi Guys!!!

Anyway one thing i did have aproblem with was the way all the human guys called Bella 'babe' etc and kissed her and they were all so casual about it, did anyone else find this really odd?
YES! i found that so akward, especially when tyler kisses bella in the cafeteria.. i was like wtf? those 2 hadnt even said 2 words to each other yet.. i would have slapped him, lol.
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

fanMNM wrote:- Yes, I do wish they had stuck with the book when Edward was strong enough to stop sucking Bella's venom out. It would've showed more self-control towards his instincts and Bella as well. Like the book suggests.
That was a part that really bothered me, I mentioned it to my friend when we were leaving the theater and she said "we don't really know, Bella blacked out." But later on, I remembered Edward saying her blood tasted "clean" or however he put it. And then I got more mad about it...grrrr....lol

I, too, hope they bring Jasper's ability to the movies as soon as possible, and missed it in Twilight :(
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I will never forgive the director for choosing not to include the Bella/Edward alone in the cafeteria scene. Did they even put the "Edward Cullen is staring at you again?" line. Ugh, this is so wronnng! Oh wait, I wanted that line to be in the movie as well.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

I agree totally!
Why did they cut the cafeteria scene and the bloodtype scen too, arghh!
and then they added scens like the greenhouse thing.
Well, we hope that Chris Weitz will do better job :)
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

fanMNM wrote:[quote="lilmisstrouble
Wow, I totally agree with you on A LOT of the stuff you mentioned!

- When they leave the baseball field, with Emmett in the car and Bella coming up with the plan - yeah I miss that too! I really wish they hadn't changed that. :(
I also miss Bella developing her relationship with Jasper and Alice at the hotel. It's a shame that whole sequence was so rushed.

- Hated those sneakers on Bella as well. Believe me, I heart me some All Stars. But not for prom, not for Bella at prom, just... no.

- Yes, I do wish they had stuck with the book when Edward was strong enough to stop sucking Bella's venom out. It would've showed more self-control towards his instincts and Bella as well. Like the book suggests.

- I also wish they had shown a longer conversation between Bella and Jacob at prom. The way they put in the movie just looked silly and unnecessary and that scene is huge in the book, especially for NM.

- I wish I had seen Bella cook for Charlie. At least once.

- That cafeteria scene with Edward sitting alone at the table so Bella could join him - OH MAN I MISS THAT THE MOST!!! It's one of my favorite chapters, I read that over and over again and I SO miss that! Most of their chemistry comes from that chapter alone.

I could go on and on but Michelle's post sums up most of what I thought. Thanks, Michelle! :)

lilmisstrouble...

Thanks for agreeing with me :) I thought maybe I was just ranting...lol. Glad to know I wasn't alone in some of my opinions...

And I really agree about seeing Bella cook for Charlie...I do feel like a lot of the relationships were lacking...but maybe it was just so easy to do in a book and so hard to do in a film? Who knows...

Have a good day![/quote]

Even without showing Bella cooking for Charlie, I think their relationship was fleshed out better in the movie than in the book, in fact Charlie's character in general was
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Okay, as much as I enjoyed the movie, the fact that Edward and Bella never actually say "I love you" has got to be one of the biggest mistakes Rosenburg made when it came to what she did or didn't include in the movie.

I mean, how am I supposed to believe the pain Bella goes through in NM if we don't understand the depth of their relationship? Not even one I love you? Not one?!

I understand reading "I love you," is different from hearing it, and that, for the most part, hearing someone in a movie say those three words comes off as melodramatic and contrived, but they could have--no, SHOULD have--figured out a way.

If I remember correctly, there was a scene in a book where Bella asks Edward if she said anything interesting while she was asleep, and he told her that she'd said she loved him. THAT would have been PERFECT! Why couldn't we have seen that scene? So you would have added another five minutes. Big deal. No one would have complained. I guarantee you.

I NEEDED more of their relationship in this movie. Right now the filmmakers have created a relationship borne out of necessity. In the books it was one that came from attraction, respect, admiration, and, above all, pre-destination. I didn't see that in the movie, and I really wanted to. Furthermore, I think it's going to HAVE to be established to make New Moon work.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic