Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by The Dark Knight »

In ten to twenty years they'll remake it...if the rights to make then are not all buggered up...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

The Dark Knight wrote:In ten to twenty years they'll remake it...if the rights to make then are not all buggered up...
i think some one has been reading HP.... cheater!!!!!

i for one cannot wait for the remake!! Shiloh can be bella and the Beckham boys will be the cullens!
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

spicey16 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:In ten to twenty years they'll remake it...if the rights to make then are not all buggered up...
i think some one has been reading HP.... cheater!!!!!

i for one cannot wait for the remake!! Shiloh can be bella and the Beckham boys will be the cullens!

We can dream can't we...I would love for them to do it sooner, even an HBO mini-series, not PG 13 version...Now were talking...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

The Dark Knight wrote:We can dream can't we...I would love for them to do it sooner, even an HBO mini-series, not PG 13 version...Now were talking...
they did its called true blood...... oops!
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Having not read this entire thread, I do have to add my two cents' worth and agree with Lynzeee and Kirstyyy when they both basically say if a person saw the movie first before reading the book, it wouldn't be nearly as impactful. That's exactly what I did. I came across the movie by chance at the beginning of this past summer and ended up going, huh? I kinda was aware of the buzz about the Twilight saga, but the movie had too much wrong with it for me to "get it." So of course, I had to read the book, and now I'm as obsessed as anyone else.

Having said that, just yesterday after watching the movie yet again, I finally noticed something that I'd really like feedback on. Perhaps one of you could enlighten me about what I saw. At the end of the movie during the fight with James, Edward finally has him pinned against the wall. When the others arrive to help and Carlisle puts his hand on Edward's shoulder, there's a very short view of James with what appears to be a trickle of blood down one corner of his mouth. Now, I know that doesn't come from wounds Edward inflicts on him, but it seems completely unrealistic and out of character, not to mention way out of SM's vampire mythology, for that blood to have been left there from James biting Bella's arm/hand. Any thoughts? Please correct me.

And speaking of blood, when I first watched this movie well before reading the book, the vivid red of Edward's lips in quite a few scenes bothered me to the point of slight revulsion. As any thinking person knows, one has to have BLOOD to have lips that red! Was there a reference in the book that I've missed in the numerous times I've read it? What's up with that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as infatuated as the rest of you and am solidly on Team Edward. It's just such a relief to finally have a place to pose these very serious concerns and issues for debate and reflection....my hubby just doesn't get it! Can you relate? Ha!
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I think the blood was supposed to be from Bella's hand, but that bugged me a lot too. James would have licked it off, and I don't think he could have gotten it on him in the first place.
Don't worry about seeming to be rude or whatever, I didn't like the movie either. I couldn't stand the cheesy way everything was blue. Edward's lips looked almost PURPLE in that light.
Hardwick did a great job with the cast. I loved some of the outside shots, and she did a great job with most of the sets, but the whole thing came across as something thrown together and not a flowing story.
azziemoved2forks
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by azziemoved2forks »

I agree, they threw a bunch of Twilight quotes in some mish-mashed scenes, and the ongoing "blue" theme bothered me too. I kept thinking, "When is he going to wear a different color," and technically its Bella that wears blue, not him.

What bothered me the most was the meadow scene, it was completly messed up and I don't see a reason why they had to change it in the first place! That was the best part of the book, when they were finally allowed to love each other, it was a very pivotal moment that was screwed up.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

The meadow scene also ruined the whole movie for me, as well. The rest of it I could handle, but the meadow scene looked fake and sounded all wrong. The strength of Twilight was it's dialogue, and hardly any of it appeared in the movie. That is also my maid concern with NM, that the screenwriter stop writing her own book and stick with the one we love.
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Thank you, Openhome, for expressing my feeling as well. The meadow scene was SO wrong....having just finished rereading the book yet again, I was just last evening ranting to my hubby in the car about this very thing! That chapter in the book is so much MORE! I guess that's what we have imaginations for....
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
azziemoved2forks
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by azziemoved2forks »

I did the same exact thing because I just read the book, and I was babbling on and on about it. There wasn't that much in the book that had to be changed, it could've stayed exactly the same with no problem