Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by Vanquish »

heartsjasper wrote:i just went and saw it again and he does say it. im like "omg why would they cut that out. its such a waste ofmoney to edit it out"
yeah i just saw it. i agree with you because seriously why would they bother cutting that out? i guess we'll find out in the DVD...

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Vanquish wrote:
heartsjasper wrote:i just went and saw it again and he does say it. im like "omg why would they cut that out. its such a waste ofmoney to edit it out"
yeah i just saw it. i agree with you because seriously why would they bother cutting that out? i guess we'll find out in the DVD...
This is actually one of my favorite scenes in the movie for this exact reason. The way SM wrote the leaving scene in the book was fantastic, with that last desperate kiss. But, I don't think it would have played out on screen that well, given the route they'd taken with the physical relationship in the film. I see it as they both know the other loves them, but it is still fresh and new and tense, so they haven't said it yet. Then you have this incredibly crazy situation that intervenes. It's almost like Edward didn't want to say it, because he didn't want to feel like he was saying it because he might never see her again, but, at the same time he has to tell her he loves her because this could very well be his last chance. So it's that tortured whisper, desperation incarnated. I thought it was fantastically romantic.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
This is actually one of my favorite scenes in the movie for this exact reason. The way SM wrote the leaving scene in the book was fantastic, with that last desperate kiss. But, I don't think it would have played out on screen that well, given the route they'd taken with the physical relationship in the film. I see it as they both know the other loves them, but it is still fresh and new and tense, so they haven't said it yet. Then you have this incredibly crazy situation that intervenes. It's almost like Edward didn't want to say it, because he didn't want to feel like he was saying it because he might never see her again, but, at the same time he has to tell her he loves her because this could very well be his last chance. So it's that tortured whisper, desperation incarnated. I thought it was fantastically romantic.
thats an interesting way to look at it. i never really thought of it that way.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Jazz Girl wrote: This is actually one of my favorite scenes in the movie for this exact reason. The way SM wrote the leaving scene in the book was fantastic, with that last desperate kiss. But, I don't think it would have played out on screen that well, given the route they'd taken with the physical relationship in the film. I see it as they both know the other loves them, but it is still fresh and new and tense, so they haven't said it yet. Then you have this incredibly crazy situation that intervenes. It's almost like Edward didn't want to say it, because he didn't want to feel like he was saying it because he might never see her again, but, at the same time he has to tell her he loves her because this could very well be his last chance. So it's that tortured whisper, desperation incarnated. I thought it was fantastically romantic.
I like your theory, A LOT! but there is no audio at all. I feel like if that was the effect they were going for, there should have been a hint of the words. SO many people missed it! I didn't notice until I saw it the fourth time and I was looking for it after reading the discussion on here...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Shopgirl76
Settled in Forks

Post by Shopgirl76 »

I'm pretty sure this was already said, but I didn't feel like reading every single post, but I am most upset about the "added" scene, when the Cullens were cooking for Bella. That whole scene was not right. There was a lot wrong with it, but I still liked the movie.
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

Shopgirl76 wrote:I'm pretty sure this was already said, but I didn't feel like reading every single post, but I am most upset about the "added" scene, when the Cullens were cooking for Bella. That whole scene was not right. There was a lot wrong with it, but I still liked the movie.
really? i thought that was an awesome scene. i thought it was sweet that they did that for her.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I thought the cooking scene was a great way to show the Cullens' personalities, especially Esme's.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Shopgirl76
Settled in Forks

Post by Shopgirl76 »

heartsjasper wrote:
Shopgirl76 wrote:I'm pretty sure this was already said, but I didn't feel like reading every single post, but I am most upset about the "added" scene, when the Cullens were cooking for Bella. That whole scene was not right. There was a lot wrong with it, but I still liked the movie.
really? i thought that was an awesome scene. i thought it was sweet that they did that for her.

Let me rephrase, I didn't understand why it was in there.....Was it something they actually did (Midnight Sun), and they put it in there? I was happy to see it don't get me wrong, but I wanted to hear more of Alice. Rosalie wasn't supposed to be there, but I guess I need to watch it again. I only saw it once, and I wasn't really happy. But people said you have to watch it again to really understand. I already preordered it, and I guess I'll see it again then. :D
NZTwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by NZTwilighter »

Hi Guys!!!

First ever post here! Started reading a month before Breaking Dawn came out and have read the series almost 15 times so far!

The movie was soooooooooo funny!! :lol: i cant decide if i do or dont like it but it was definately funny and in places it probably wasnt mean to be!

Anyway one thing i did have aproblem with was the way all the human guys called Bella 'babe' etc and kissed her and they were all so casual about it, did anyone else find this really odd?
I enjoy the cold, diamonds and hearthrobs.
Team Edward.
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Shopgirl76 wrote:
heartsjasper wrote:

Let me rephrase, I didn't understand why it was in there.....Was it something they actually did (Midnight Sun), and they put it in there? I was happy to see it don't get me wrong, but I wanted to hear more of Alice. Rosalie wasn't supposed to be there, but I guess I need to watch it again. I only saw it once, and I wasn't really happy. But people said you have to watch it again to really understand. I already preordered it, and I guess I'll see it again then. :D
As far as Midnight Sun is concernced I don't know becuase the initial draft didnt get that far. But I loved that scene. And yeap you should watch it again. lol. It shows that "family" feel and the mother that Esme is. It so sweet. And yea I don't think Rosalie is there in the Twilight book when Edward brings Bella home. But in the movie I thought this a perfect place for Rosalie to say what she had to say.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.