Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by heartsjasper »

i hope they show the scene when bella realizes that edward took her pictures and her presents after he leaves her
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

^^^ sh*t. That was really hearbreaking... when she found out the CD was gone and the other stuff. I was so frakkin depressed after he left her. They just vanished, like they were never even there. And Bella struggling to go on living. *sniff* I never ever want to experience this kind of heartbreak in real life.

When did Edward discovered that Bella removed the stereo from her truck...it was already in Eclipse, right?

EDIT: I just realized...this is the wrong thread. LOL. we should be in "what scenes you want to see in NM"
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

shavei7 wrote:^^^ sh*t. That was really hearbreaking... when she found out the CD was gone and the other stuff. I was so frakkin depressed after he left her. They just vanished, like they were never even there. And Bella struggling to go on living. *sniff* I never ever want to experience this kind of heartbreak in real life.

When did Edward discovered that Bella removed the stereo from her truck...it was already in Eclipse, right?

EDIT: I just realized...this is the wrong thread. LOL. we should be in "what scenes you want to see in NM"
oops.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

I thought the scenes with Jacob were way too short. And they were kind of crucial because of New Moon. The prom scene where Jacob shows up was roughly 30 seconds long, so for those who haven't read the book, they are probably wondering wtf does Billy want Bella and Edward to break up?

I didn't care for the "say it out loud", "vampire" scene. It was just weird.

We all agree the meadow scene was butchered. Thank you.

The cafeteria scene with Edward and Bella was way too rushed. Here's hoping that's one of the extended scenes on the dvd.

The "Google it" line was fantastic! :)

The baseball scene is my favorite, I wish I had seen more of that.

The hotel scene. Wtf. They barely showed the hotel. That was such a disappointment.

I miss not seeing anything about the Blood Type chapter.

Instead of showing those scenes with Laurent's gang killing random people, I wish they had used those minutes developing Edward and Bella's relationship. To say it was rushed is an understatement.

I also miss not seeing Bella talk in her sleep. That was crucial in the book in so many ways. That felt to me like if they decided to cut Bella's delusions of Edward's voice in New Moon. And if they cut that, I will literally walk out of the movie and ask for my money back.

I liked Jessica's lines. The added ones were great, like her talking about her prom dress and Angela struggling with boys. At least some teenagers are normal in Forks.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
LoveTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveTwilight »

I don't know if anyone's brought it up but I was really annoyed by the bit in the prom scene when Victoria turned up!
I'm probably getting more into this than I should (LOL) but they obviously didn't think it through because surely Edward would notice her scent and and it would cause some sort of commotion...
Thats just niggled at me ever since I watched it haha!

I loved the other scenes they added though :)
Mara Jade Cullen

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I just read about this yesterday (tried to find the link, but can't today :roll: )
But apparently there was supposed to be a shirtless bedroom scene with Edward. Rob kinda freaked out apparently that he had to try to live up to the descriptions of Edward from the book. He worked out in 2x2 hour sessions a day, cut out beer and went down to one meal. When the director was ready to do that scene, he had lost 30 pounds and she cut the scene.
She then relented later and shot the scene. But that time Rob was back on his "two cheeseburger a day" diet and the scene ended up on the cuttingroom floor since he had a bit of a ponch at that point. :lol:

I love him as Edward, but the more I read about Rob the more I get the feeling he's a bit of a mess personally. :lol: Poor guy.
Team Edward
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
I love him as Edward, but the more I read about Rob the more I get the feeling he's a bit of a mess personally. :lol: Poor guy.
LOL, i get that feeling sometimes too.. some of the things i hear him say in interviews makes me think he is very unsure about himself, and doesnt get what all the fuss is about, and thinks one day they are just going to fire him because they think he's actually terrible..
lilmisstrouble
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

shortstuff wrote:
Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
LOL, i get that feeling sometimes too.. some of the things i hear him say in interviews makes me think he is very unsure about himself, and doesnt get what all the fuss is about, and thinks one day they are just going to fire him because they think he's actually terrible..
That's adorkable. I''ve see a couple of interviews with him and I don't know if it's just for show, but he seems pretty grounded and surprisingly humble about his new-found celebrity status. One of the things I thought was funny is that he said he doesn't get one gazillion girls chasing around him like one would expect.
I mean, COME ON. I'm sure by now he has no trouble finding a date. If he does, y'all can tell Rob I'm single and I'll take one for the team. Fine, I'll go out with Rob.

;)
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
That's adorkable. I''ve see a couple of interviews with him and I don't know if it's just for show, but he seems pretty grounded and surprisingly humble about his new-found celebrity status. One of the things I thought was funny is that he said he doesn't get one gazillion girls chasing around him like one would expect.
I mean, COME ON. I'm sure by now he has no trouble finding a date. If he does, y'all can tell Rob I'm single and I'll take one for the team. Fine, I'll go out with Rob.

;)
yeah i;ve heard that, but i think what he means is, as much as he has all these girls screaming his name and adoring him and basically worshipping the ground he walks on, he doesnt get asked out by regular girls (not fans) on like a REAL date...
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

PrincessSparkle84 wrote:First off, I LOVED this movie! I think with the budget restraints they did an amazing job. I could go on and on about the things they did RIGHT, but since this is a thread about the changed/added scenes, I'll try to stick to that. I guess the change that I am most upset about is the fact that neither Edward nor Bella EVER says I love you to the other. Seriously how could that get left out? I know it is implied, but it is so important to see them each say it for the first time. I was very disappointed in that omission. Really it would have taken only seconds to add that in there...
I know I'm replying to an older post, but I haven't seen anyone address the above issue in this forum. In the garage scene at the Cullen's, after Edward says "you are my life now", right before Bella is driven away you can see him mouth the words "I love you". You can't hear it, you gotta read his lips. I'm positive, I've looked specifically for this on a couple of viewings.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love