Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Shopgirl76
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by Shopgirl76 »

NZTwilighter wrote:Hi Guys!!!

First ever post here! Started reading a month before Breaking Dawn came out and have read the series almost 15 times so far!

The movie was soooooooooo funny!! :lol: i cant decide if i do or dont like it but it was definately funny and in places it probably wasnt mean to be!

Anyway one thing i did have aproblem with was the way all the human guys called Bella 'babe' etc and kissed her and they were all so casual about it, did anyone else find this really odd?
I know, it was odd how they acted on what they felt, instead of just saying what they felt. I missed some stuff I guess.
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

Shopgirl76 wrote:
heartsjasper wrote:
Shopgirl76 wrote:I'm pretty sure this was already said, but I didn't feel like reading every single post, but I am most upset about the "added" scene, when the Cullens were cooking for Bella. That whole scene was not right. There was a lot wrong with it, but I still liked the movie.
really? i thought that was an awesome scene. i thought it was sweet that they did that for her.

Let me rephrase, I didn't understand why it was in there.....Was it something they actually did (Midnight Sun), and they put it in there? I was happy to see it don't get me wrong, but I wanted to hear more of Alice. Rosalie wasn't supposed to be there, but I guess I need to watch it again. I only saw it once, and I wasn't really happy. But people said you have to watch it again to really understand. I already preordered it, and I guess I'll see it again then. :D
I liked that dinner scene, I thought it brought some humor to the movie (I was laughing and smiling so hard as they were watching the cooking show and trying to emulate it) and also showed Esme's sweet motherly side. Elizabeth Reaser really nailed the role of Esme so I was happy to see her in every scene and every line they gave her.

I do have to agree that Rosalie was an unnecessary addition to that scene. I've said that before, but that whole salad bowl breaking with her bare hands was a tad exaggerated and cheesy.

I think I'm the only one on this, but every time I saw Jasper, he just looked sick and constipated. The baseball scene was the only scene he looked okay. He didn't convince me with his expressions that he was a)thirsting for Bella's blood and b) gifted in the extraordinary sense of controlling people's moods.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
NZTwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by NZTwilighter »

I agree with lilmisstrouble, everytime we saw japser it looked like he was in pain or somthing smelt really bad, the only time he looked like he was ok was during baseball.
I know the vegetarian lifestyle is hard for him and they were trying to portray that but it could have been covered in a quick conversation when Edward was introducing his family with a couple of face.
It was over done, not the actors fault but the scripts.

Also the scene when Carlisle bits edward in the hospital did anyone else laugh at the face Edward pulled? I think tha was also a little overdone, maybe because those of us who have read the series know it wouldnt have happend quite like that.
I enjoy the cold, diamonds and hearthrobs.
Team Edward.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

NZTwilighter wrote:I agree with lilmisstrouble, everytime we saw japser it looked like he was in pain or somthing smelt really bad, the only time he looked like he was ok was during baseball.
I know the vegetarian lifestyle is hard for him and they were trying to portray that but it could have been covered in a quick conversation when Edward was introducing his family with a couple of face.

Also the scene when Carlisle bits edward in the hospital did anyone else laugh at the face Edward pulled? I think tha was also a little overdone, maybe because those of us who have read the series know it wouldnt have happend quite like that.
I don't know NZTwilighter, I rather liked Jackson Rathbone as Jasper. I think that is one of the reasons I do like the movie so much. I always saw Jasper as the more "suffer in silence type" (yes that was totally intentional) So, it made more sense to me to not have him say anything and try to hide how he's feeling.
As for the Edward's transformation flashback, that's actually kind of the way I always saw it, with the exception that they weren't still in the hospital. The venom would be immediately painful, and I have a feeling that human Edward wouldn't have built up much of a pain tolerance in his peaceful little world. Plus, when Carlisle kind of holds his mouth closed always made sense to me as he was trying to keep him quiet, lest they be discovered.
Then again, I tend to overthink things, so I could be wrong. Just my thoughts.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
NZTwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by NZTwilighter »

Jazz Girl wrote:
NZTwilighter wrote:I agree with lilmisstrouble, everytime we saw japser it looked like he was in pain or somthing smelt really bad, the only time he looked like he was ok was during baseball.

I don't know NZTwilighter, I rather liked Jackson Rathbone as Jasper. I think that is one of the reasons I do like the movie so much. I always saw Jasper as the more "suffer in silence type" (yes that was totally intentional) So, it made more sense to me to not have him say anything and try to hide how he's feeling.

As for the Edward's transformation flashback, that's actually kind of the way I always saw it, with the exception that they weren't still in the hospital. The venom would be immediately painful, and I have a feeling that human Edward wouldn't have built up much of a pain tolerance in his peaceful little world. Plus, when Carlisle kind of holds his mouth closed always made sense to me as he was trying to keep him quiet, lest they be discovered.
Then again, I tend to overthink things, so I could be wrong. Just my thoughts.
Please dont get me wrong, i thought Jackson was a really good Jasper!! Jasper is definately the 'suffer in silence type' so it suited the movie for him not to have to many speaking parts, i just thought maybe they could of had more scenes without the pained expressions.
Maybe i just found them so funny because i know how much he would have loved to be draining the humans of their blood whilst they were completely clueless.

I guess i agree with Edwards transformation flashback, i also imagined he would react like that but just not so quick since he was on the brink of death, i thought it might take longer for the venom to spread enough for him to be concious enough to react in extremes.
I enjoy the cold, diamonds and hearthrobs.
Team Edward.
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

[quote="NZTwilighter"]I agree with lilmisstrouble, everytime we saw japser it looked like he was in pain or somthing smelt really bad, the only time he looked like he was ok was during baseball.

Actually, Jasper seemed pretty normal to me in the garage and hotel scenes.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Angel wrote:Here is a little treat for you. I was looking up Apotamkin while I was awaiting for some new posts to appear and this website popped up:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8002212/Twilight

It is the original Twilight script, it's got some cool little added scenes in it, for example, when Edward grabbed Bella and jumped from his bedroom window, it cuts to Esme and Carlisle watching them and have a little conversation among themselves about the couple.

It makes great reading, some of the stuff I wish they'd kept in.

Enjoy!

Angel x
oh man they're removed it! I was gonna go look at it :cry: I hope some of the deleted scenes on the dvd will include some of that. I would love to have seen the conversation between Carlisle & Esme. oh well
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I tried to read through as many of the posts as I could...I loved reading everyone's opinions!
I really liked the movie, overall...and I was glad they stuck closer to the book when they could have gone waaayyy off base...
Here's my take on it...

I didn't read anyone else's posts about it, so maybe I was the only one bothered...but the scene when they leave the baseball field and they are arguing about leaving and Bella wants to go back to protect Charlie...I was so diappointed in that scene in the movie! First of all, Emmett was supposed to be in the jeep and I thought that was important because Bella came up with the whole plan and Emmett is impressed with her. I thought it really shows their relationship starting...I thought it linked her and Emmett together a little more and I was disappointed the move didn't show that better. Also, Bella's intelligence is shown here in the book because she comes up with the entire plan...and the movie doesn't show that either...

I also, as some of you also mentioned...didn't like that they showed Billy driving...it was the reason Jacob had to keep coming up to visit Bella and the reason they sold Charlie the truck in the first place...Billy couldn't drive!!

I would have loved to have seen the scene where Edward is alone at a table in the cafeteria that first time and he quirks his finger at Bella to come and join him! That would have been great to see, I think :)

I didn't like the sneakers Bella ended up wearing to prom...

And I didn't like that Jacob doesn't break the treaty by telling Bella about the "cold ones".

I also agreed with the idea that Carlisle shouldn't have been the one who stopped Edward from sucking the venom out of Bella's hand. In the book, edward stops himself and it means something! It means he's strong enough! I thought Carlisle being the one who stops Edward detracted from Edward's self control and his attachment to Bella.

The fact that Bella doesn't have the dream with Jacob changing into a wolf next to her while Edward appears out of the trees with fangs is gonna be difficult later on when Bella is supposed to recall that dream to figure out what Jacob is trying to get her to guess (in New Moon...when he wants her to guess he's a werewolf...)

Ok, no more, I promise :) But I did like the scene with Charlie cleaning the gun...it was funny...

and really, overall, I liked the movie :) I can't wait for the DVD (with all those new scenes!!) and for New Moon...

~Michelle

Thank you Naureen!!
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

fanMNM wrote:I tried to read through as many of the posts as I could...I loved reading everyone's opinions!
I really liked the movie, overall...and I was glad they stuck closer to the book when they could have gone waaayyy off base...
Here's my take on it...

I didn't read anyone else's posts about it, so maybe I was the only one bothered...but the scene when they leave the baseball field and they are arguing about leaving and Bella wants to go back to protect Charlie...I was so diappointed in that scene in the movie! First of all, Emmett was supposed to be in the jeep and I thought that was important because Bella came up with the whole plan and Emmett is impressed with her. I thought it really shows their relationship starting...I thought it linked her and Emmett together a little more and I was disappointed the move didn't show that better. Also, Bella's intelligence is shown here in the book because she comes up with the entire plan...and the movie doesn't show that either...

I also, as some of you also mentioned...didn't like that they showed Billy driving...it was the reason Jacob had to keep coming up to visit Bella and the reason they sold Charlie the truck in the first place...Billy couldn't drive!!

I would have loved to have seen the scene where Edward is alone at a table in the cafeteria that first time and he quirks his finger at Bella to come and join him! That would have been great to see, I think :)

I didn't like the sneakers Bella ended up wearing to prom...

And I didn't like that Jacob doesn't break the treaty by telling Bella about the "cold ones".

I also agreed with the idea that Carlisle shouldn't have been the one who stopped Edward from sucking the venom out of Bella's hand. In the book, edward stops himself and it means something! It means he's strong enough! I thought Carlisle being the one who stops Edward detracted from Edward's self control and his attachment to Bella.

The fact that Bella doesn't have the dream with Jacob changing into a wolf next to her while Edward appears out of the trees with fangs is gonna be difficult later on when Bella is supposed to recall that dream to figure out what Jacob is trying to get her to guess (in New Moon...when he wants her to guess he's a werewolf...)

Ok, no more, I promise :) But I did like the scene with Charlie cleaning the gun...it was funny...

and really, overall, I liked the movie :) I can't wait for the DVD (with all those new scenes!!) and for New Moon...

~Michelle
Wow, I totally agree with you on A LOT of the stuff you mentioned!

- When they leave the baseball field, with Emmett in the car and Bella coming up with the plan - yeah I miss that too! I really wish they hadn't changed that. :(
I also miss Bella developing her relationship with Jasper and Alice at the hotel. It's a shame that whole sequence was so rushed.

- Hated those sneakers on Bella as well. Believe me, I heart me some All Stars. But not for prom, not for Bella at prom, just... no.

- Yes, I do wish they had stuck with the book when Edward was strong enough to stop sucking Bella's venom out. It would've showed more self-control towards his instincts and Bella as well. Like the book suggests.

- I also wish they had shown a longer conversation between Bella and Jacob at prom. The way they put in the movie just looked silly and unnecessary and that scene is huge in the book, especially for NM.

- I wish I had seen Bella cook for Charlie. At least once.

- That cafeteria scene with Edward sitting alone at the table so Bella could join him - OH MAN I MISS THAT THE MOST!!! It's one of my favorite chapters, I read that over and over again and I SO miss that! Most of their chemistry comes from that chapter alone.

I could go on and on but Michelle's post sums up most of what I thought. Thanks, Michelle! :)
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

I think I'm the only one on this, but every time I saw Jasper, he just looked sick and constipated. The baseball scene was the only scene he looked okay. He didn't convince me with his expressions that he was a)thirsting for Bella's blood and b) gifted in the extraordinary sense of controlling people's moods.[/quote]

But I heard somewhere, that they cut out (of the movie) the fact that Jasper can change people's moods...
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list