Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by nafereti »

Well I thought the movie could have been better. Yet, I kept in mind that the movie was made from a small budget. So I enjoyed it.

Changed:
-I didn't really like the whole "Edward going crazy" part. I thought it was too... well I don't really know how to explain it. I felt that it was kind of strange. In a way, I get that Edward was trying to show Bella what she was getting herself into but I felt like it took parts of their chemsity away. I just felt like it was weird.
-The sparkle of Edward's body was corny. (Sorry, I imagined it differently.)
-The meadow seen was disappointing. That was one of my favorite parts in the book. That's when Edward explain why he left her, and how he fell in love with her. The movie rushed it.
-They took out the "blood-typing" part of the book. That was another one of my favorites that I was looking forward too.
-They also changed parts of Bella's and Jacob's conversation. I didn't like that. I thought they should have left it were Jacob tells her what they are (the "Cold Ones").
-They took the drive home from Port Angeles out. I loved that conversation in the book. Because that's where Bella and Edward started to really open up to each other.
-I liked the "mean-muggin", dirty looks between Edward and Jacob at the end.

Added:
-I liked how they added more scenes for the Nomads. It made more sense for them, and you got to see them in action. Plus, the Cullens are good vampires, and everyone is use to seeing actual BLOODSUCKING vampires. So I'm glad they added those scenes.
-The green house scene, I felt that it, wasn't necessarily. I really didn't understand the point of that scene. All that really happen was Mike asked her out and Edward told her they shouldn't be friends. They could have just done that at school.
-I like the cliff hanger at the end of the movie with Victoria. It helps all those who haven't read the book that something is going to happen in New Moon.

I think that was pretty much it. I'm going to go see it again on Thanksgiving, so hopefully I'll enjoy it more.
I can't wait for New Moon.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

debussygirl wrote:In the movie when you see Edward watching Bella, but then he leaves, was that a dream or was he watching her? Because she says, "that was the first night I dreamed of Edward Cullen." But it just seemed weird to put it in there when Bella never caught him.

I believe he was there in the room. I missed this the first time, but the second time I watched it, I noticed this-- when she turned on the light, the branches outside her window were moving, like Edward had flown out the window.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

ahhh... I've decided that I just can't complain about the movie and I can't defend the movie any more. I liked it and I'm happy...

I think I am going to see the movie again on Saturday, so I will have to look for Emmitt giving Edward the "bird" LOL I hope that is what he does. How funny.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

spookybell wrote:ahhh... I've decided that I just can't complain about the movie and I can't defend the movie any more. I liked it and I'm happy...

I think I am going to see the movie again on Saturday, so I will have to look for Emmitt giving Edward the "bird" LOL I hope that is what he does. How funny.

What?? I missed it, Emmett gave Edward the bird? I just saw it again for the 2nd time last night. I did catch Emmett chewing food in the cafeteria.. that was funny since I know Kellan said he just wanted to eat the food!!!

Oh and when they showed Sam and Embry, I was snickering because I knew that Embry was wearing Spiderman underwear!! LOL. DId you guys noticed that in the credits at the end they put Solomon Timble's name (as Jacob's friend) and NO mention of Embry? I wanted to finally find out Krys' his last name.
saintejeanne
Settled in Forks

Post by saintejeanne »

While I liked some of the added scenes, I thought the whole Jacob showing up in the beginning thing was lame. Adding scenes was not really the problem, it was changing parts of the story, and not adding in some of the most loved parts that is the problem. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie and I am going to see it again, but, they need to do a much better and more accurate job on "New Moon". I expect more out of Katherine this time around, and Stephanie please make them keep it more to the true tune of the story.
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

spookybell wrote:ahhh... I've decided that I just can't complain about the movie and I can't defend the movie any more. I liked it and I'm happy...

he didn't flip him off. it was a snap. they hit each other, missing the catch, and he was like "oh darn" and did the oh darn snap.
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Why did they drop the Blood Type Lab?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!
and what about the cafeteria scene when Edward ate the pizza??!?! why did they take that out??
what about the obsessive Tyler Crowley?? he was more forward in the book

i liked how they kept the anaphase/prophase/metaphase scene though -- my friend and i were squealing like "OME we're learning that in Bio right now!!!" haha

ooh and when Mike Newton was dancing in the window!!!!!!! and charlie told bella "you can go join him you know" then they got awkward :lol:

I think they rushed the ballet studio scene. and one comment about the prom-- why was she wearing sneakers?!?! alice was supposed to put her in a "death trap" of a shoe. and i wasn't a fan of the leggings

over all i did like the movie, even though some of the changes annoyed me.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

I super loved that instead of days and days of them asking each other questions, it was done by showing us different scenes over music with them just talking away, smilling, intense conversations, gave it a nice feel of watching them fall in love.

Loved the line "well her name is Bella" LOL

Didn't like the field trip.

Totally forgot he sang her to sleep, they should have been in there, but loved her laying on the lounge chair while he played piano over music.

LOVED the ending with Jacob staring down Edward like that. In the book Jacob came up to her dancing and talked to her. This set the scene up better for the sequel.

Although the flying around from tree to tree after she was at his house was nice, I missed the way it was done in the book better.

They really needed to explain why Rosalie was so angry all the time. People that didn't read the book won't get it.

We missed out on Alice getting Bella ready for the Prom. :( I liked that part.

The kiss, wonderful!!!!!!!!
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

switzgal wrote:
spookybell wrote: What?? I missed it, Emmett gave Edward the bird? I just saw it again for the 2nd time last night. I did catch Emmett chewing food in the cafeteria.. that was funny since I know Kellan said he just wanted to eat the food!!!

Oh and when they showed Sam and Embry, I was snickering because I knew that Embry was wearing Spiderman underwear!! LOL. DId you guys noticed that in the credits at the end they put Solomon Timble's name (as Jacob's friend) and NO mention of Embry? I wanted to finally find out Krys' his last name.
haha i totally remember seeing that interview and the spiderman underwear.

The actor that plays Embry, his real name is Krys Ivory. And yes, he is cute :D
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
edward_is_my_hero
Settled in Forks

Post by edward_is_my_hero »

I was really disappointed with the meadow scene it was one of my favorite parts. Blood typing was completely gone...very sad. I did love the added humor with Emmett and Charlie and his pepper spray.
Do you have a multiple personality disorder?