Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:
Davnee wrote:. But the one person that absolutely totally and utterly bothered me was the guy who played Eric(Justin Chon). He just seemed so weird and out of place with the rest of the gang, I couldn't figure out where he was coming from. After seeing the movie a gazillion times now, I have to literally close my ears when they're sitting in the cafeteria and he says "La Push". Thank god he was only in about two or three quick scenes. :
Eric was not was I had expected at all! He did not come out like I had pictured in my head. To be honest he was a little too metro-sexual than I had pictured him, especially for the small town of Forks. It doesn't seem like he would be friends with that group either if this was the case. Plus when he kept saying "La Push" it made me cringe. Nails on a chalk board to me.
I loved him! He was just hilarious! Every scene any of the humans were in, they stole from my POV.
Seriously, the film needed the comic relief, and I loved the fact that the humans were just so human . . . and like they really didn't have any cares compared when you switched to the Cullens with their 'I'm a killer!' and their bowl breaking.
Twilight's definately a non-intentional comedy.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
dulce92
Settled in Forks

Post by dulce92 »

ok so the movie in comparison to the book wasn't all that great. seperately from the book it was great. the actors were great. Carlisle was my favorite. can't wait for new moon. overall it was a good film.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

So the first time I saw the movie, I was absolutely furious. I thought it was the worst movie I had ever seen, and I was mad at Stephenie Meyer for letting her books get butchered. But I knew in order to be subjective I needed to see the movie again. So I did, and it wasn't as bad as I first thought, now that I was prepared. So overall I have seen the movie five or six times with various friends, and I have two more times planned. He he. I still think it is a bad movie. But you can appreciate the effort, and some of it isn't bad. And it is absolutely hilarious if you go in expecting a spoof or something.

So, the actors...

Kristen Stewart as Bella: Terrible. Just terrible. Honestly what was she trying to portray? Snobby awkward girl with a superiority complex? At least compared to the Bella I had in my mind, she was an awful portrayal of her. She did have her moments, I think, I can't think of any now... Let’s go with, she had no moments. She just was always over the top. And her trying to act "angry" had me laughing. "You were gone." and that is your business in what way? She wasn't Bella at all, just an angry, lucky, awkward version of her.

Robert Pattinson as Edward: How much I wish I could say I loved his performance... And I did. But not in the way he intended. I found his faces absolutely hilarious. And when I try to think of a good moment of his, all I can think of is that wretched "I'm going to puke" acting when he first smells Bella in Biology. But I'll try to push past it... Most of the time, he way overacted. And if he weren't so gorgeous and funny when not acting, I would hold a major grudge to him for ruining major Twilight moments, such as the biology scene, the meadow, Port Angeles, the baseball scene (in his defense not all of these are only his fault, the rest of the cast added as well, I mean what was with the growling and crouches?). The meadow was his worst moment. But in his room and when Bella asked about his contacts, he wasn't half bad. He actually did have his moments. Especially when he would smile. *swoon* But his voice had me practically crying. I was so disappointed when I heard his voice.

Billy Burke as Charlie: He was absolutely amazing. A lot cooler and funnier than the Charlie I had in my mind. And I don't even mind he is nothing like I imagined. He was so awesome. And he was intentionally hilarious! Oh goodness. He was my favorite. And he acts sad well too. When Bella was leaving him, I wanted to leave the theater. I was heartbroken. I dash out at that moment and come back when I know it is safe when I see the movie. Once was enough. :(

Ashley Greene as Alice: Not my Alice at all! I was so sad. I loved her little ballerina kick when playing baseball. But other than that I am glaring at the screen muttering rude comments. She doesn't have any funny moments to take some of the anger out of me. But I don't like her Alice at all. And she looks nothing like my Alice. But I can't really begrudge her that. But what was with smelling Bella's blood? And... and... ugh. This makes me so mad because she is one of my favorite characters and she is ruined! :cry:

Nikki Reed as Rosalie: She smiled at one point, and that ruined it for me. Rosalie does not smile! Ha ha. Her looks are absolutely terrible for Rosalie, but if you somehow manage to get past that, she isn't half-bad. She is basically the Rosalie I had in my mind, but she definitely could do with some improvements.

Jackson Rathbone as Jasper: His faces are my favorite. Some of the funniest I have ever seen. But if I think about it, they are close to what Jasper must look like a lot of the time. So overall I think he did well. Maybe he needs to stop overacting so much. But overall he did good. And him with the baseball bat was probably my favorite thing from the movie! So cool!

Kellen Lutz as Emmett: He is a perfect Emmett. Exactly how I pictured him. Except in the kitchen scene. What was that about? I hope he gets more lines with New Moon and the rest of the series.

Peter Facinelli as Carlisle: Not bad. Not bad at all. Not really how I pictured him. But he plays a good Carlisle. I felt bad for him having to do those bite scenes. They were so awkward and awful. But that's not his fault really. The only other moment I was kind of like " :?: " was when he says "nice kitty" to Rosalie after she is out in the baseball scene.

Cam Gigandet as James: His acting was really good. I never once laughed at his performance . He was a bamf. 8-)

Taylor Lautner as Jacob: I hope he gets replaced. He was ok sometimes. But his moody looks had me hysterical with laughter. And the way he stared at Bella had me feeling awkward and violated. Total creeper stares. :?

Anna Kendrick as Jessica: Okay, so a little over the top, but she was a good Jessica overall I guess.

Michael Welch as Mike: Overall I enjoyed all of Bella's human friend's acting. The butt-shaking had me going " :shock: " in my seat. But he was funny. I felt so bad for him when he was asking Bella to prom!

Christian Serratos as Angela: Not my Angela at all, too talky and normal. But she was a good add to the movie. Not Angela. But still good.

Gil Birmingham as Billy: Not bad, a little weird, but not bad.

Elizabeth Reaser as Esme: Not my Esme, I didn't really like her, but other than the fact she was not how I pictured Esme, and she didn't act like my Esme, I have no major complaints.

Edi Gathegi as Laurent: So when I first found out he was black I was a little perplexed because I pictured him as an Italian guy with pale skin, that's how Stephenie painted him for me, but I know they need a racially diverse cast so after the initial shock and "okay try to picture this" I got over it. And when I saw the film I was impressed. He plays a very good Laurent, and I'm sad to know we only get one short scene from him after this. But I can feel his acting will be amazing in that one scene.

Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria: I guess her acting wasn't bad, but her hair had my attention the whole time. That is not how it was described at all. Except the dumb leaves which just had me laughing when I saw them :lol:

Sarah Clarke as Renee: she was funny, I didn't enjoy her in the hospital, but that's just because I felt awkward.

Ned Bellamy as Waylon: he just creeped me out.

Gregory Tyree Boyce as Tyler: Not my Tyler at all, but not bad.

Justin Chon as Eric: I loved him. He was absolutely hilarious. And so cute! I hope we get a lot of him in New Moon. His acting is great. He is so funny. :lol:

Matt Bushell as Phil: Not my Phil, and he seemed a little mean, but I didn't really care

José Zúñiga as Mr. Molina: That guy was weird.

Solomon Trimble as Sam: :(

The frat boys: Not bad, they were dumb, but I think that was the point.

Ayanna Berkshire as Cora: She annoyed me.

Katie Powers as the waitress: What were they thinking?!?! :o

Trish Egan as Mrs. Cope: Not good. Little too obvious.

Overall.... I was disappointed. But I am not as mad as I was originally.
ImageImageImageImageImage
AmandaRose
Settled in Forks

Post by AmandaRose »

I'm not really sure where to put this post, but I thought it fun to mention, since the topic of Robert Pattinson's hair seems to be major, that I just found out the my mother's best friend's cousin (I know it sounds a little back woods, but just work with me), was the Hair Dresser on the set of Twilight. I'm not sure if she is going to do "New Moon", but I just thought it would be fun to mention.
~~~*AmandaRose*~~~

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." ~ Proverbs 3:5-6
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

CrazilyObsessed024 - I just wanted to point out that both the growling/crouches and Alice smelling Bella's blood are mentioned in the books. Somewhere. :P
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

maybeshescrazy wrote:CrazilyObsessed024 - I just wanted to point out that both the growling/crouches and Alice smelling Bella's blood are mentioned in the books. Somewhere. :P
That's not what I was reffering to (that sounds rude but that is not the way I am intending it at all! I swear!) I just thought that the acting of it was ridiculous. Terrible acting of it. I wasn't saying it was dumb to add it in. Although I don't remember her intentionally smelling her blood... I thought she intentionally held her breath... You think I would be sure of which it was seeing as I have read the book well over fifteen times...

*sigh*
ImageImageImageImageImage
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:So the first time I saw the movie, I was absolutely furious. I thought it was the worst movie I had ever seen, and I was mad at Stephenie Meyer for letting her books get butchered. But I knew in order to be subjective I needed to see the movie again. So I did, and it wasn't as bad as I first thought, now that I was prepared. So overall I have seen the movie five or six times with various friends, and I have two more times planned. He he. I still think it is a bad movie. But you can appreciate the effort, and some of it isn't bad. And it is absolutely hilarious if you go in expecting a spoof or something.

So, the actors...

Kristen Stewart as Bella: Terrible. Just terrible. Honestly what was she trying to portray? Snobby awkward girl with a superiority complex? At least compared to the Bella I had in my mind, she was an awful portrayal of her. She did have her moments, I think, I can't think of any now... Let’s go with, she had no moments. She just was always over the top. And her trying to act "angry" had me laughing. "You were gone." and that is your business in what way? She wasn't Bella at all, just an angry, lucky, awkward version of her.

Robert Pattinson as Edward: How much I wish I could say I loved his performance... And I did. But not in the way he intended. I found his faces absolutely hilarious. And when I try to think of a good moment of his, all I can think of is that wretched "I'm going to puke" acting when he first smells Bella in Biology. But I'll try to push past it... Most of the time, he way overacted. And if he weren't so gorgeous and funny when not acting, I would hold a major grudge to him for ruining major Twilight moments, such as the biology scene, the meadow, Port Angeles, the baseball scene (in his defense not all of these are only his fault, the rest of the cast added as well, I mean what was with the growling and crouches?). The meadow was his worst moment. But in his room and when Bella asked about his contacts, he wasn't half bad. He actually did have his moments. Especially when he would smile. *swoon* But his voice had me practically crying. I was so disappointed when I heard his voice.

Billy Burke as Charlie: He was absolutely amazing. A lot cooler and funnier than the Charlie I had in my mind. And I don't even mind he is nothing like I imagined. He was so awesome. And he was intentionally hilarious! Oh goodness. He was my favorite. And he acts sad well too. When Bella was leaving him, I wanted to leave the theater. I was heartbroken. I dash out at that moment and come back when I know it is safe when I see the movie. Once was enough.

Ashley Greene as Alice: Not my Alice at all! I was so sad. I loved her little ballerina kick when playing baseball. But other than that I am glaring at the screen muttering rude comments. She doesn't have any funny moments to take some of the anger out of me. But I don't like her Alice at all. And she looks nothing like my Alice. But I can't really begrudge her that. But what was with smelling Bella's blood? And... and... ugh. This makes me so mad because she is one of my favorite characters and she is ruined! :cry:

Nikki Reed as Rosalie: She smiled at one point, and that ruined it for me. Rosalie does not smile! Ha ha. Her looks are absolutely terrible for Rosalie, but if you somehow manage to get past that, she isn't half-bad. She is basically the Rosalie I had in my mind, but she definitely could do with some improvements.

Jackson Rathbone as Jasper: His faces are my favorite. Some of the funniest I have ever seen. But if I think about it, they are close to what Jasper must look like a lot of the time. So overall I think he did well. Maybe he needs to stop overacting so much. But overall he did good. And him with the baseball bat was probably my favorite thing from the movie! So cool!

Kellen Lutz as Emmett: He is a perfect Emmett. Exactly how I pictured him. Except in the kitchen scene. What was that about? I hope he gets more lines with New Moon and the rest of the series.

Peter Facinelli as Carlisle: Not bad. Not bad at all. Not really how I pictured him. But he plays a good Carlisle. I felt bad for him having to do those bite scenes. They were so awkward and awful. But that's not his fault really. The only other moment I was kind of like " :?: " was when he says "nice kitty" to Rosalie after she is out in the baseball scene.

Cam Gigandet as James: His acting was really good. I never once laughed at his performance . He was a bamf. 8-)

Taylor Lautner as Jacob: I hope he gets replaced. He was ok sometimes. But his moody looks had me hysterical with laughter. And the way he stared at Bella had me feeling awkward and violated. Total creeper stares. :?

Anna Kendrick as Jessica: Okay, so a little over the top, but she was a good Jessica overall I guess.

Michael Welch as Mike: Overall I enjoyed all of Bella's human friend's acting. The butt-shaking had me going " :shock: " in my seat. But he was funny. I felt so bad for him when he was asking Bella to prom!

Christian Serratos as Angela: Not my Angela at all, too talky and normal. But she was a good add to the movie. Not Angela. But still good.

Gil Birmingham as Billy: Not bad, a little weird, but not bad.

Elizabeth Reaser as Esme: Not my Esme, I didn't really like her, but other than the fact she was not how I pictured Esme, and she didn't act like my Esme, I have no major complaints.

Edi Gathegi as Laurent: So when I first found out he was black I was a little perplexed because I pictured him as an Italian guy with pale skin, that's how Stephenie painted him for me, but I know they need a racially diverse cast so after the initial shock and "okay try to picture this" I got over it. And when I saw the film I was impressed. He plays a very good Laurent, and I'm sad to know we only get one short scene from him after this. But I can feel his acting will be amazing in that one scene.

Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria: I guess her acting wasn't bad, but her hair had my attention the whole time. That is not how it was described at all. Except the dumb leaves which just had me laughing when I saw them :lol:

Sarah Clarke as Renee: she was funny, I didn't enjoy her in the hospital, but that's just because I felt awkward.

Ned Bellamy as Waylon: he just creeped me out.

Gregory Tyree Boyce as Tyler: Not my Tyler at all, but not bad.

Justin Chon as Eric: I loved him. He was absolutely hilarious. And so cute! I hope we get a lot of him in New Moon. His acting is great. He is so funny. :lol:

Matt Bushell as Phil: Not my Phil, and he seemed a little mean, but I didn't really care

José Zúñiga as Mr. Molina: That guy was weird.

Solomon Trimble as Sam: :(

The frat boys: Not bad, they were dumb, but I think that was the point.

Ayanna Berkshire as Cora: She annoyed me.

Katie Powers as the waitress: What were they thinking?!?! :o

Trish Egan as Mrs. Cope: Not good. Little too obvious.

Overall.... I was disappointed. But I am not as mad as I was originally.
I pretty much agree with it all . . . apart from your comments on Alice, I loved her, she is my perfect Alice . . . besides that though. I just loved all the scenes with her and Jasper, and his baseball bat scene . . . you can tell I love it ;)
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Niinella
Settled in Forks

Post by Niinella »

When I was watching the movie, I kept in mind that most of the things portrayed in the books.. well, no matter how elegant and beautiful they are in my mind, they probably wouldn't be like that in the real life. Like.. what could be a good example? Let me think.. well, here's one. I know some people who thought that Edward's angry face and stares in the biology class looked ridiculous, but honestly, how do you think it would really look like, in real life? If you found it funny and it made you giggle, maybe you just had a prejudiced state of mind already, and you weren't going to take it seriously, no matter what it would look like. I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but that's just what I thought of when I discussed the movie with some people.

Okay, and now that the rant is over, I can move on to the real subject. The actors.
The human actors were all cool, especially the girl who played Jessica. She was.. I dunno, JUST like the Jessica I had in mind. The only one that was really different from my imagination picture was Angela. I always thought that she'd be a lot more low-key..
The Cullen family was great, they all fit they roles perfectly. Especially Alice and Jasper caught my eye, they were actually a lot cooler than in my imagination world. And even though they didn't get a lot of time in the screen, their relationship was very nicely and accurately portrayed.
kitkatt
Settled in Forks

Post by kitkatt »

To be bluntly honest, I am beyond disappointed [that's an understatement] from watching Kristen Stewart's depiction of Bella on screen. She was horrendously flat, majorly lacking the passion and conviction from the beautifully written saga. Though I will always be thirsting for more literature beyond 'Breaking Dawn,' I do not anticipate in the least bit, the movie 'New Moon.' After watching 'Twilight,' I can't help but ask if Ms. Stewart even read the books herself? And if so, did she grasp anything she read??!!

Having read that 'New Moon' has a new director, I'm hoping with all my mind, heart and soul that he shall inject new meanings into that actress who poorly played Bella. For she is doing the Twilight Saga that was Stephanie Meyer's incredible dream a huge injustice if she does not wake up. It can easily be dismissed by acknowledging the low budget for the first film, however, every other actor met satisfaction quite impressively, which begs me to say my peace of mind on 1 of the 2 central figures [Bella] they are putting on screen.
imwiththevampires
Settled in Forks

Post by imwiththevampires »

I think that Ashley Greene as Alice was most perfectly cast. She did a good job with what she was given. I wish the screen play would have shown more development of Bella and Alice's friendship, but I will not dwell on that.

I think Kristen looks like Bella but I agree with a previous post that at times she seemed emotionally dead and in some scenes of distress (like in her hospital bed when Rob tells her to go to Jacksonville) it seemed forced.

I was not satisfied with Rob being cast as Edward, AT FIRST. But I now see and feel he truly is a talent. I am beyond satisfied with his portrayal of Edward. I felt relief when he stepped in and became the hero I had been dreaming of (swooning with my cheek resting in hand...lol!).