Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by navarre »

wildroses wrote:
navarre wrote:I still feel they have the right cast, but they seriously need to re-read the books and get in touch with their inner characters.
i pretty much agree with you.
i think it was upsetting how they took away some of the key elements to the characters' personalities.
like how bella cooks. :?
wildroses, I love your banner of Rob & Kristen. That picture to me is worth a thousand words - they look so comfortable with each other; so great!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

navarre wrote:
wildroses wrote:
navarre wrote:I still feel they have the right cast, but they seriously need to re-read the books and get in touch with their inner characters.
i think it was upsetting how they took away some of the key elements to the characters' personalities.
wildroses, I love your banner of Rob & Kristen. That picture to me is worth a thousand words - they look so comfortable with each other; so great!!!
aw thanks! i really like the picture in yours too :)
randomness bum<3
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

wildroses wrote:
navarre wrote:
wildroses wrote:
aw thanks! i really like the picture in yours too :)
Back at ya!!! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

wildroses wrote:
I think the cast got the characters pretty spot on, the writing took away from the personalities more than the actors. The writer decided not to have Bella cook, etc.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

cascsiany wrote:
wildroses wrote:
I think the cast got the characters pretty spot on, the writing took away from the personalities more than the actors. The writer decided not to have Bella cook, etc.
yeah you're right.
i'm hoping maybe that will be fixed in new moon?
like they'll add back in some of the stuff that they took out that go with the characters' personalities.
*crosses fingers*
randomness bum<3
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Yeah they are gonna have to do something to add some of the lost character traits back into New Moon.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
vampbball
Wandering Through Town

Post by vampbball »

Wow, I'm pages away from this post, but this review is dead on. I agree with almost every point (I thought the same thing about Rob's comical face in the biology room scene - and it's not a difficult thing to reshoot). I'm wondering how much of Edward's glowering was Catherine Hardwicke's direction vs. leniency. And how much of the camp was intentional. As to what I don't agree with...I really liked the cooking scene (I'm a general Cullen fan). I thought Taylor Lautner (after Billy Burke) was the best actor in the movie and I don't really care if he isn't physically huge - he's proved himself as Jacob. I also didn't think that Kristen's performance in the hospital was so bad...it was more an issue of the viewer not understanding why she feels so strongly. The movie definitely glossed over the build-up to their caring about each other. (E.g., Edward actually tracks her down to say that they shouldn't be friends? Stupid.)

Overall, I really liked it though. They got the gist of it right.

anilumagloire wrote:Here's my take on the movie.

Here goes:

- I.LOVED.IT!

- the flash backs... OMG, they were bad, cheesy, unnecessary and just plain wrong.

- the hard truth is that it's a mediocre movie. It will appeal to no one but us crazy fans who have read the book and are in love with Edward and/or Jacob.

- Pattinson's performance could have been great! If Hardwicke had given him a little more direction, and made him take it down just a notch, it would have portrayed Edward perfectly.
The face he makes when Bella enters the bio lab is hilarious. He definitely did not see his face in dailies cause if I were him, I would have demanded a re shoot.
- the Cullen cooking scene is ridiculous. I so wish they had stayed close to the book for that one. It was totally unnecessary.

- Victoria mingling with the kids at the prom is just wrong. How the hell did Edward miss her being there?????

- The convo at the restaurant in Port Angeles should have been longer and deeper!!!! The car ride after he saves her is such a crucial part of the book and it's nowhere to be found. WTF?

- when they show up at school together, I wanted to scream. He looks uber cool, the attitude and the dialogue were perfect!

- when he's sucking the venom out of Bella's arm, Carlisle has to stop him from killing her. I did not like that. Again he looks just plain funny making those tortured faces. What the eff was the director looking at when this was going on?

- I have always been team Edward, but when Jacob gives Ed that evil look at the prom, OMG. I wanted him to take me.
I hope they make him buff up for New Moon so his body catches up with his head.

- The two seconds the Quileutes are on scene at the beach is great. Sam is gonna be so amazing on New Moon!!! They definitely should have picked the kid cast as Embry to play the role of Jacob. He is such an animal!!!

- All the human kids are so funny and great in their parts. No over acting, no cheese. Just plain good.

- I wanted to cry when Bella leaves Charlie to go back to Phoenix. Very well done. Sniff, sniff...

- Bella's reaction in the hospital when Ed hints that he might leave was soooo bad. Another instance where I, as the actress would have demanded a re shoot. She looks ridiculous.

- the way he kisses her throat at the very end... Hot and heavy.

So that's all I can think of right now.

I'm watching it again tomorrow for the third time, so I might add to this.
ambriece

Post by ambriece »

Alright, well my post in the 'Favorite Scenes' was wayyy long, so I'll sum this up as best as I can.

Edward/Robert= I thought he did AMAZING! His acting skills definately showed, his expressions were perfect for every scene, and I loved his voice.
Bella/Kristen= She did like I thought she was going to. I didn't like her as Bella, but now I can't see anyone else playing her, although her acting was very dramatic at times, especially the fight scene when she was bit and the hospital scene where she was like 'but i you no blah blah blah'. I didn't like her awkwardness in alot of the scenes, the ones that she wasn't supposed to be awkward in. And I didn't like her 'I'm Horny' all the time looks. But maybe that was supposed to be like that...
Jacob/Taylor= HE'S SO NOT JACOB-LIKE! He's to pretty-boy-ish, do you know what I mean? He's too SMALL too. But his acting was good, although he was what, in like a total of 3 scenes? I'm curious to see how he evolves as an actor throughout the other movies...
Alice/Ashley= She is my favorite character in the series, and now my favorite in the movie. I love her cute/softness, yet spunkyness(I'm not sure if this is the right word, but I couldn't think of another one to fit what I'm trying to say), like when she twirls. And her voice is perfect for alice!

Jasper was played very well, his expressions were perfect.
Charlie was alright, I didn't picture him looking like that, but he was hilarious.
Billy was good, I thought he was going to be more serious though...
Carlisle, not much to say, except he was too pale! I know that has nothing to do with acting, but yeah..
Rosalie was spot on. Her 'hate' towards Bella was played well.

I know I missed some characters and shortened the ones at the end, but, if I'm allowed an excuse, I'm tired!
:oops: I'll try to fill then out more tomorrow. =] And I'll add the scenes that go with my opinions, to kind of give an explanation of why I said certain things.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Robert (Edward)-He did pretty good. In the beginning, I felt like he was Edward all the way. The whole "we shouldn't be friends" & the mean looks. But when he and Bella finally got together, Edward kind of turned into Rob more. He facial expressions were becoming more like a comedy. Especially in the kitchen scene, when Alice was saying, "don't worry Jasper you wont hurt her." Edward's face was too funny, I had to laugh! But that wasn't the reaction I thought 'Edward' would have. But I still like Rob and he did a good job.
Kristin (Bella)-She was good as well. Her appearance totally matched what I imagined of Bella. But the only problem I had with Kristin was she sounded scared every time she was talking to Edward. I mean, Bella is not supposed to be afraid of Edward, but (to me) it seem like she was. Other then that, she was still good.
Taylor (Jacob)-I thought Taylor did a great job even though he was only in like 4 scenes. You could really tell that Jacob has a crush on Bella. The smiles, and the stares were cute. I know he's getting a lot of crap about being "too small" and not "werewolf" Jacob material, but I think he can pull it off. It's Hollywood, they can easy come up with something for his height. And Jacob doesn't really get all bulky until Eclipse. So he has plenty of time to get ready for that.
Ashley (Alice)-She's exactly what I pictured of Alice. The whole "bubbly/ friendly" personality really came out on the big screen. Everything about her screamed Alice. I was happy with her performance through out the entire movie. I was only disappointed that she didn't have more scene time. Hopefully that will change in New Moon even though the Cullens are gone through out the whole book...LOL
Nikki (Rosalie)-Okay, so she wasn't exactly who I pictured playing Rose. To be honest, I didn't think she was pretty enough but she prove me wrong. She played a good *itch...haha I mean, the dirty looks that she gave Bella were like...wow, now that's Rosalie.
Billy (Charlie)-He plays the role perfectly. In the book, Charlie isn't mention that much. Well he is, but majority of the time he's out fishing, working, at Billy's, etc. I was happy they gave him more screen time. He did a great job playing a protective father. And I was convinced of his awkwardness with his teenage daughter.

Everyone else:
Kellen (Emmett), Peter (Carlise), Elizabeth (Esme), Jackson (Jasper) did a good job as well. Emmett was funny, Carlise & Esme played good parents, and Jasper was hot in the baseball scene...haha
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
lovemotherhood
Settled in Forks

Post by lovemotherhood »

I was curious if anyone else noticed Stephenie Meyer in one of the diner scenes? In the scene after Charlie finds Victoria's foot print, and then mike tells Bella he doesn't like her seeing Edward, Bella walks into the diner and the waitress hands Stephenie a plate at the bar. She is sitting there with a menu or something. And I'm certain the waitress used her first name. I thought that was pretty cool. I guess I could be mistaken but I was pretty sure, but then again it was very quick.

If someone else already mentioned it sorry, I didn't have time to read through all of the replies. Also, I hope I put this is the right place . . . I'm new.

Loved movie, love books, can't wait for more!