Talking to Tyler in the eRoom
sparring with billy in the road
cleaning his guns
PEPPER SPRAY !!!!
pammie823
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by pammie823 »

I absolutely loved the movie! It was everything I wanted and more. Of course I did not like a few things but overall I loved it. I saw it twice in thirty-six hours. Now on to the actors:

Kristen: She really surprised me. I was so worried that she was going to have no emotion through the whole thing because she looked pretty bland during the previews but she was great. I really felt for her and I loved her voice-over narration. It was perfect.

Rob: I literally stopped breathing when he was on the screen. My mom had to wack so I would inhale. He was stunning both visually and emotionally. I fell in love with him while Bella did which is exactly how I felt during the book. His dialogue was sincere and I really felt his emotions. Rob was brilliant and I cannot wait to see him in New Moon.

Peter: He was brilliant. When he walked on the screen I did a double take and considered making Carlisle my new obsession. I loved him.

Ashley: She was perfect. I can't wait to see her in New Moon. Her perkiness was fabulous and her acting was spot-on.

Kellan: Emmett has always been my favorite "minor" character. Kellan was exactly what I wanted. He is going to be great in the next movie.

Nikki: I was nervous about her but she was fabulous. She really got Rosalie's anger. Nikki will be great in Eclipse (fingers crossed)...

Jackson: Loved the baseball scene. He was so uncomfortable in the movie and I really saw that it was a struggle for him to abstain from human blood.

Elizabeth: Wonderful. She was all I wanted in Esme.

Billy Burke: Oh my. He was the surprise of the movie. I adored every one of his scenes and all his dialogue. The gun was fabulous and the pepper spray was brilliant.

Taylor: He was actually good. I was not looking forward to seeing him as Jacob but he was cute. I wonder how he will do in New Moon...

I was sort of sad about the Meadow Scene but I know some things had to be cut for the movie. Oh, I also missed the blood-typing scene. That was one of my favorites in the book. I did, however, love the prom, the bedroom scene with Edward (he was sexy and vulnerable at the same time), and the hospital scene. Overall I was very pleased. I can't wait for New Moon...
twilightfans5
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfans5 »

I thought they all did a great job. I was pleasantly surprised that Bella's classmates played their roles as well as they did.

Rob did a fantasic job as Edward. He was intense and you could see the restraint he needed to show. I really never pictured anyone else in that role. I think he was perfect.

Kristen was also incredible. I always pictured her as Bella when I was reading the books. There was chemistry between the two of them and you could just feel the restaint they showed being around each other. I dont understand how some people say she didnt show any emotions. It felt to me like she wanted and needed to be near him at all times and she had to restrain herself from just grabbing him and kissing him for fear he will just take off and she'd never see him again. I mean how would you act around someone you loved but couldnt touch?

Charlie was great too and I loved all the Cullins.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

now i thought everybody was amazing

Robert Pattinson:I love how dark he portrayed Edward different from the book Edward but still great

Kristen Stewart:I never really liked her before Twilight thought she was kinda wierd but now her performance as Bella was amazing i really loved it and ya sometimes she sounds kinda emotionally dead but i think thats just her voice idc i love her

Carlisle :he was good idk what else to say lol

Esme: loved her face when Edward and Bella were walking in the kitchen so cute lol

Alice:she is just adorable u just want to hug her Ashley Greene played her perfectly

Jasper:I wish he had more lines because I LOVE JASPER but he did a great job playing him

Emmet:hilarious when he waved at Bella with the knife good actor

Rosalie:I loved Nikki Reed before and she did Rosalie perfectly that death stare she gave Bella and the baseball game was great

Jacob: I hated his hair ewww but anyway Taylor Lautner did good ill get to judge more when new Moon comes out

Charlie: Idk the guys name that played him but the couldn't have gotten a better Charlie i almost cried when he was standing at the door after Bella left so sad :(

and everybody else pretty darn good i loved everybody in the movie no disapointments for me
Sullie06
Learning to Love Green

Post by Sullie06 »

Okay here it goes. Saw Twilight last night with 6 of my friends, all of whom never read the books. My husband was the only one who sort of knew the plot from my insessive :P talking about the books. First I would like to say that the way they put the movie together worked well for people who have not read the books. All of my friends understood what was going on and I only had to explain one scene (when he look tortured in Bio in the beginning, my one friend thought he was constipated :lol: and my hubs and bf were like WTF?)

I liked that they plumped the story of the Nomads out a little to add some depth to what was going on. If you hadn't read the books it kinda shows the difference between the vegetarian vamps and the "bad" vamps. I also liked the sparkling and Victoria at prom, yes technically he would have known she was there but it leaves a perfect ending for a sequel (or 3!!!!)

My favorite scenes were the dinner scene at the Cullen House and the Baseball Scene, which I wish was longer.

Over-all I think the movie was really good for what they had. This wasn't a huge budget movie and it required a lot of stunt work, wire work, special effects and extensive make-up and costume work. Plus they were trying to fit a 500 page book into 2 hours. I wish it was longer but then again I could watch 5 hours of Twilight!! :D

So how about those actors

Rob- I think he did a great job. He was defiantly easy on the eyes and fit that part well. I think he played Edward well and was believable. Like others have said when I was watching I saw Edward and not Rob.

Kristen- I was happy with her. I think she played Bella well and it was believable to me. I think she played the confusion of first love well. Being in a place where sometimes you mind and heart are not always on the page.

Peter- Awesome. Loved Carlisle and he played the compassionate Dr. and Father well. I like his banters with Rosalie when she's being a B----.

Elizabeth- I think she was a good Esme. Very mothering and her acting in the Kitchen scene is how I pictured her with her kids! Loved when she told Rosalie to clean up her mess.... NOW.

Ashley- Very Alice to me. Bubbly, perky and very happy in Edwards choice of Bella. I would also like to note that my husband is now in love.... :lol:

Jackson- Like Jackson in the baseball scene, wish we could have scene more of him. Think he did a good job being very uncomfortable around Bella which he is for a while. Enjoyed his interaction with Alice, he loves her.

Kellan- Very pleased, he's a great Emmet. Can't wait to see more in the future

Nikki- Nice and Bit--y!

Billy Burke- Amazing performance- great father interaction.

Taylor- Hard to judge his role was so small. Can't wait to see what he does with Jacob in NM

Cam- Love James and hated him!! Wish he wasn't dead! LOL

Edi- Very happy with his performance of Laurant and my husband said even though it was a small role he was one of his favorite characters.

Rachelle- Can't wait to see more of Victoria. I was pleased with her.

Over-all I was impressed. I'm going again next Sat with some friends who have read the books. It feels so far away
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

Here we go.

Robert/Edward: I was surprised. I thought for sure that he'd make Edward sound cheesy and awkward, but he totally hit the nail in the head. He was a little more... modern, I guess than the Edward we're all used to, but I liked that. What I liked most about it, though, was that the love and conflict of everything was always evident in the way he moved, the look on his face. He was great.

Kristen/Bella: I thought she was wonderful. She was often incoherent and clumsy, as we all know Bella is. She was strong and a little out of place with her surroundings, which was excellent. I don't know how else to describe her as perfect.

Forks Kids!: Funnay. I just loved them all. Nuff said.

Taylor/Jacob: So cute, and totally early Jacob. Very happy, a little embarrassed, and eager to see Bella and tell her anything. Good job.

Billy/Charlie: Oh, I just loved him. I like him more in the movie than in the book. There were some parts with him that were just gems. He was a little awkward with Bella, while still maintaining his status as police chief/protective dad. I loved it.

Sarah/Renee: Funny and bubbly and just how I pictured her.

Nikki/Rosalie: She was great. That part when she broke the bowl and then stepped on the pieces made me giggle. She was mean and a little cold, but stepped up in the end.

Ashley/Alice: Oh, so cute! She is just perfect for Alice. She was bubbly enough to be Alice while serious enough when she had her visions to keep us involved.

Kellan/Emmett: He only had a couple lines, but they were excellently delivered. Very funny and cute.

Jackson/Jasper: Um, hot. I thought he portrayed Jasper's difficulty being around humans very, very well.

Elizabeth/Esme: Understanding and compassionate and smiley. :)

Peter/Carlisle: Very attractive. He was very smooth in everything he did while still having a touch of a worried edge at times.

Cam/James: Sexy, witty, sly, cruel, cold, and everything we wanted in our James.

Edi/Laurent: Very scared and wide-eyed. I liked that.

Rachelle/Victoria: Obviously very vicious and cheeky. And real pretty, too.

Billy: That line about 'keeping it real' was really funny.

I wish we'd gotten to see more of the Cullen family, as there are some really choice moments involving them in the books. But that's alright. I loved the movie, anyway.
:)

Love all the characters immensely.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

Rob-He looked so hot and stole my heart. I do think he could have done some scenes better. I remember listening to an interview where he said he didn't figure out how to play Edward until the filming was almost over. I think because he said that I could tell those scenes out. But omg he was still incredible. So dazzling lol

Kristen-I was so worried about her playing Bella, but she nailed it. She was so real.

Carlisle- When I saw stills of Carlisle, I thought he looked so bad and lame. But when he walked into the hospital room where Charlie and Bella were, I was like "Wow, he rocks"

Jackson-He was so awesome. Some people might find this mocking but his scenes were so funny. I loved it. He was a total bad***

Ashley Greene-Cute, small, adorable, weird. I just wish she was in the movie more

Kellan-Perfect. Him riding in the jeep standing up on the way to school was my favorite

Nikki-At first I didn't really think Nikki looked the part but she did well in the movie.

Liz- sweet and motherly so I think she did good

Eric-not what i was expecting. He was super lame not dorky. I always imagined Eric as quiet and I felt sad that girls didn't like him. In the movie I can see why girls didn't like him.

Billy Burke-I could not have imagined Charlie any more awesome. Does anyone else think his mannerisms remind you of Tommy from Instant Star

Taylor Lautner-seemed too nervous for Jacob

Billy black-Billy's look he gave Edward was so scary lol. He was funny and easy going too so I enjoyed that.

Angela--seemed too much like Jessica and not the shy girl from the book. Really the only scene where she comes off shy is when she asking Bella if she should ask Eric to prom.

Jessica-She was good but I just wish she was more mean to Bella

Mike-this was played perfect--lame, annoying, and nice.

Victoria-that hair is incredible (so jealous), the scene with her at prom was awesome!!!! Can't wait for New Moon
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

MissMagnolia wrote:Rob-He looked so hot and stole my heart. I do think he could have done some scenes better. I remember listening to an interview where he said he didn't figure out how to play Edward until the filming was almost over. I think because he said that I could tell those scenes out. But omg he was still incredible. So dazzling lol

Kristen-I was so worried about her playing Bella, but she nailed it. She was so real.

Carlisle- When I saw stills of Carlisle, I thought he looked so bad and lame. But when he walked into the hospital room where Charlie and Bella were, I was like "Wow, he rocks"

Jackson-He was so awesome. Some people might find this mocking but his scenes were so funny. I loved it. He was a total bad***

Ashley Greene-Cute, small, adorable, weird. I just wish she was in the movie more

Kellan-Perfect. Him riding in the jeep standing up on the way to school was my favorite

Nikki-At first I didn't really think Nikki looked the part but she did well in the movie.

Liz- sweet and motherly so I think she did good

Eric-not what i was expecting. He was super lame not dorky. I always imagined Eric as quiet and I felt sad that girls didn't like him. In the movie I can see why girls didn't like him.

Billy Burke-I could not have imagined Charlie any more awesome. Does anyone else think his mannerisms remind you of Tommy from Instant Star

Taylor Lautner-seemed too nervous for Jacob

Billy black-Billy's look he gave Edward was so scary lol. He was funny and easy going too so I enjoyed that.

Angela--seemed too much like Jessica and not the shy girl from the book. Really the only scene where she comes off shy is when she asking Bella if she should ask Eric to prom.

Jessica-She was good but I just wish she was more mean to Bella

Mike-this was played perfect--lame, annoying, and nice.

Victoria-that hair is incredible (so jealous), the scene with her at prom was awesome!!!! Can't wait for New Moon
I agree with your breakdown but for Taylor. I think in Twilight, Jacob was still kind of nervous and shy around Bella.
In NM, when Bella starts to hang out with him more and more, he gains confidence because Bella kept telling him that she likes hanging out with him and is her best friend.
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

I agree ^ I think Jacob was a little bit shy in Twilight too ... I just think that was him having a little bit of a crush on Bella. Then when they became friends and hung out. :lol:

Any way I can't wait for New Moon, I honestly didn't think they'd confirm it this soon. Although I knew they'd make enough money.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Oh and MissMagnolia, I think Jessica was good too.

Jessica wasn't mean to Bella in Twilight. In New Moon, when Bella and her went to the movies and Bella approached the strange guys, that's when Jessica started to not like her because she acted weird.