Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by gamb1t »

debussygirl wrote:I hope they will put in both Rose and Jasper's story. I think it's important about why those characters became who they are. I hope they don't blow them off like they did with Carlisle in TW.
Couldn't have said it better myself..... +rep lol, if there was such a thing on this site (sorry for those who haven't been on a reputation based forum)
ImageImageImageImage
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^^I agree the Cullen's stories need to be explained...I was so upset that they didn't go into Carlisle's story (which is how the family began, didn't have to go into all that detail but they could've covered it) and then Jasper's talent (would've taken 2 seconds) I think both Rose's and Jasper's stories are important too so I hope they cover them...especially how Rose tells Bella why she doesn't think she should change...it made me think of Rose differently
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^I know!! We didn't need Carlisle's story to be as long as it was in the book, just give us something. Maybe something like Edward saying, "Carlisle was the son of an Angelican preacher in the 17th century. On a vampire hunt he was bitten, and realized what he had become. But then he realized he could survive on animals. He went to the new world, but was lonely, and that's where he found me."
How long would that take? 2 minutes tops? And Jasper's power would've been short too.
I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling Jasper and Rose's stories won't go in EC. Their stories are a little long, and they may not find them important enough to the immediate plot. But I hope I'm wrong.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think they are important to the plot though...why Rosalie seems mean to Bella and why she voted no...and why Jasper knows how to fight the newborns...they could do it quickly in a flashback
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

For Rosalie, I don't know because I don't know if they will think it is important enough. They may want to keep the focus on the love triangle and not go into all of the side characters. Then Jasper they probably will show something with that, but that's only for as long as they want to stay true to the book. If they wanted to, they could probably just have them fighting as say, "Jasper's had the most experience with this" and leave it at that.
I know, it's horrible to even think! But I guess I just don't believe that movies staying true to books.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I think they will have to tell both Rosalie and Jasper's stories - because Jasper's will go to his expertise with new borns, which is important for that plotline in Eclipse. Rose's story is more for why she does what she does in Breaking Dawn - why she's willing to protect the baby against better judgment and pressure from her family (I think we'll know more about whether or not they'll share this if they throw in her animosity towards Bella during the vote at the end of New Moon...)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^and why Bella called Rose instead of anyone else to help her
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

This is my favorite of the PUBLISHED books (MS anyone?), so I am so worried! I'll cry if it isn't at least somewhat good.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

hope that they will include rosalie's life. that may also be helpful in the movie. "why is she the bad girl of bella?" :D
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:This is my favorite of the PUBLISHED books (MS anyone?), so I am so worried! I'll cry if it isn't at least somewhat good.
Yes, MS definitely!!
I'm worried about Eclipse too since it's so long and there's no hope of them making into 2 movies.