Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FireLily64
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by FireLily64 »

Ok. So I loved the movie even though it had flaws (what movie made from a book doesn't?) and I want to see it again! I thought the casting was fantastic and couldn't have been better.
Kristen Stewert as Bella, nailed it! Some people have said that she was 'blah' but she was kinda supposed to be. She was new there. Didn't know anyone really other than Jacob. It was awkward. duhh.
Robert Pattinson as Edward, I don't think they could've done any better. He was AWESOME!
I ABSOLUTLY LOVED ALICE!! (sorry to yell. :oops: )
I didn't really like Jasper by just looking at pictures and things of that sort, but I loved him in the movie! He was a little funny with the pained look and everything, but there has to be a little comedic relief right? Even with serious love stories. He was so hot in the baseball scene. :shock:

If I kept going about this, it would be wayyyyy longer. But overall, the movie rocked. :D
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxKatiexX »

FireLily64 wrote:Ok. So I loved the movie even though it had flaws (what movie made from a book doesn't?) and I want to see it again! I thought the casting was fantastic and couldn't have been better.
Kristen Stewert as Bella, nailed it! Some people have said that she was 'blah' but she was kinda supposed to be. She was new there. Didn't know anyone really other than Jacob. It was awkward. duhh.
Robert Pattinson as Edward, I don't think they could've done any better. He was AWESOME!
I ABSOLUTLY LOVED ALICE!! (sorry to yell. :oops: )
I didn't really like Jasper by just looking at pictures and things of that sort, but I loved him in the movie! He was a little funny with the pained look and everything, but there has to be a little comedic relief right? Even with serious love stories. He was so hot in the baseball scene. :shock:

If I kept going about this, it would be wayyyyy longer. But overall, the movie rocked. :D

That's true Ashley was absolutely perfect as Alice She was really like I pictured Alice. Jasper was really a bit strange but I think he had to behave like this and that's the way he had to do it. I pictured him a bit different not the way he looked like but the way he behaved... but I think I got it wrong here. :D
So the actors were really really good and Althought Rosalie was not super beautiful but she was really good. I think they couldn't have found better actors and actresses. Kellan was perfect as Emmet a and Ashley as Alice.
I thought Robert wouldn't be able to be a good Edward but he was really good and I liked him, now I imagine him as Edward when I read.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I could have SWORN I posted in this already! I came back to edit, and my post isn't here... hmmm, maybe I didn't post. Anyway...

I saw the movie opening night, then Sunday, and again today. I loved it the first time, but the second time was much better. The first time I saw it, I felt that the love story was a bit rushed, for the simple fact that I've read the book so many times, and I have parts memorized. It was a little distracting to hear a line from the book followed by one that wasn't. I was just so anxious to see it FINALLY, and I had so much nervous energy, that I couldn't really enjoy it the first time. For my second and third viewings, though, I found that the story flowed much better, and I'm beginning to separate the movie from the book. Now I'll have to try to remember my first impressions, since obviously I didn't post them last Friday...

Over all, I loved the movie. Really, the only disappointing thing about the whole experience was that I felt the media released too many photos and behind-the-scenes footage. Of course, I didn't HAVE to watch all the clips or look at all the photos, but they were just so darn tempting! :lol: I think it was a good thing for me, because otherwise, I would have been sitting there in the theatre picking apart the movie, and I would have been disappointed. Case in point- I tried to tell my mom about new clips and such, and she would put her hands over her ears and say she didn't want to know anything before-hand; she was very disappointed in the movie, from KS's performance to the sparkling effect and everything in between. The only good thing she said about it was that she thought James was the hottest vampire!

1. The biggest surprise for me was Charlie. He is okay in the book, but I just LOVE him in the movie. I am SO glad that they wrote him a bigger part! He added some much-needed humor to the "life and death" love story that is surrounding Edward and Bella.

2. The human friends were awesome, too. I love how they were just so alive! I wasn't too sure about the "chill-ax" line of Eric's, but thought the 2 boob references were golden! I guess that made it more relatable to teens of today. I feel like they added another layer to make them stand out against the reclusiveness of the Cullens. Angela wasn't how I pictured her in the book, but she is still my favorite human friend! I can't wait to see her in NM! I actually liked Mike!! My favorite human scene is when they are walking out of the cafe when Edward and Bella are driving to E's house when James is chasing them. There they are, hanging out, being normal teens, carefree, and Bella looks at them. Her look says it all- this is the life she is giving up in order to be with Edward; her life will never be normal again; her worries will be totally different from the concerns of her friends.

3. The Cullens!!! Ashley Green nailed her part as Alice! She was just as I pictured her while reading the book. I think they all did a good job. I would have liked a little more of Esme, though. Nikki made one HECK of a Rosalie! I don't know why so many people were afraid that she wouldn't do the part justice. I liked that she was given a bigger part also. Aw, Jasper...the only thing I didn't like about him was that his makeup looked a little too caked-on; oh, and there was no mention of his power. Emmett... so like a big teddy bear of a vampire!

4. The nomads! I like how they were introduced earlier on in the story. I don't really like Victoria in the book; Rachelle has changed my mind, though. I love how the movie ended with her in grief over losing James while watching Edward and Bella dance, then she has that "you'd better enjoy that now, 'cause I'm coming after you" look!! That was the perfect ending!

5. The baseball game was my favorite part of the movie!! It was just as I pictured it in the book. I love it in the book, too, because it's the first time we see the Cullens as themselves, enjoying something. Muse's song fit here perfectly.

6. Speaking of music... I love how Rob's songs were played during Edward moments- dinner in Port Angeles and sucking the venom from Bella's wound. It almost felt as if "Edward" wrote them- did anyone else feel that??

7. Ah, and I saved my favorite for the last one. My most highly-anticipated scene was seeing Edward suck the venom out of Bella's wound. Many people I've told this to say "gross." Ok, it's not that I wanted to see the act itself; I wanted to see the emotional struggle for Edward. Bella is out of it when it happens, and he tells her later that it was almost impossible to stop, but that he did. I feel that this is a crucial part in the story; for crying out loud, the girl's blood calls to him, and he gets to taste it, knowing that it could awaken the monster inside him that has been threatening to get out since he first smelled Bella. He tries to tell Bella just how difficult it is to be around her, but here, we get to see the struggle he is dealing with. After the venom is gone, he starts feeding, and then he has flashbacks of Bella, and one of the deer, reminding him that she is not food, that he has chosen a different lifestyle- very powerful!

Of course, there were things that were a little disappointing. The special effects were a little lacking, but I wasn't expecting anything superb. The sparkle effect was okay. I was upset that they left out all the physical exploration in the meadow- the tracing of Edward's face, the smelling of Bella and feeling her heartbeat; I feel that that is another important part of their relationship; it shows just how different they are.

I can't complain about the things I was disappointed in. All in all, it was a good movie. The more times I see it, the more I can see it as it's own story and separate it from the book.
Ravengirl
Settled in Forks

Post by Ravengirl »

It took me a few days to decide if I liked it or not and I must say I do. We all know it wasn't word for word or scene for scene from the book and I didn't expect it to be. They left out some of my favorite stuff (the first time they sat together at lunch etc.) but I think they did the best they could with a book that challenges the imagination and has been built up so highly n the minds of the fans. I am looking forward to New Moon
AGuyWhoReadsTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by AGuyWhoReadsTwilight »

I liked the movie a lot. I thought most of the characters were perfect and the chemistry between Rob and Kristen was great. It does miss the mark on some things, such as the meadow scene, but overall it did follow the book well. My complaints are small. I wished the movie would have put more emphasis of them falling in love. Also the flow towards the end of the movie started to speed up. After the baseball scene, Alice, Jasper, and Bella were all of a sudden in Phoenix, Alice says 1 or 2 lines and then Bella leaves. There are a couple others such with Mike, Eric, and Tyler but I don't really care about those characters to begin with anyway. Overall the interpretation would great and can't wait to see NEw Moon
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

I liked it. I do my best not to compare a movie to a book, and I think it needs to be rememberd, that it's very rare for the movie to be just as good as the book.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I loved the movie since the first time I've seen it! I watched it from the movie's perspective, so I didn't expect it to be exactly like the book. The thing I loved the most is that they made it to look as if the characters and vampires were real. It's all very realistic, and I really appreciate the lack of ultra-cool special effects, because they can seriously make more damage to the story. The emotional side of all of the characters is extremely well! The script is really great. Human characters surprised me the most, because I didn't like them that much in the books, and on the other hand in the movie they are one of my favorite! I love how Bella and Edward maintain their emotional bonds without words, they just have these intense stares at each other, which is perfect.
I appreciate when the storyline of each movie is very intense, but I like it even more when they add a bit of humor in it! I think that the humor bits are hilarious (Charlie with his pepper spray cracks me up every time!).
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

^^ To add on what you said about the lack of special effects..I think that it also adds a sense of realism to the story. Like yeah some parts were cheesy, but everything still looked very real like it could actually be real..If that makes any sense..
VampGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampGirl »

I loved it. I think all the actors were really well cast - all of them were very believable in their roles. I'm particularly happy with Rob and Kristen as Edward and Bella. To me, they both totally nailed it. Charlie was another stand out.

Sure there were some cheesy bits here and there, but I went in believing I'd love it, and so I did. I really really enjoyed it. I didn't expect it to follow the book exactly and I knew just due to time constraints that they couldn't fit everything from the book in. So with an open mind I watched it and really liked it. I can't wait to go see it again.
ImageImageImageImageImageE<3B
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

I have seen it 4 times so far and I can't wait to go again! I can't get enough of Edward!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!