Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mixie
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by mixie »

I really love the movie, through it's very different from the book. They skipped many of my favorite things, like the "do i dazzle you" (ahh that one is just so cute, i'd loved to see Rob say it!!) and when Bella forgets to breath and faints while he's kissing her. It was such a strong thing that really showed how much she loves him. And also i missed the sleeptalking and their lunch together at school. I guess it's impossible to get everything to fit in 2 hours..

But apart from those, the movie was so perfect! The casting was so good, especially Edward, Bella, Alice, Carlisle and Charlie. The only one i didn't really like was Angela. Rob and Kristen are Edward and Bella to me! My favorite scene was the "since i'm going to hell.." scene, omg Rob is soo hot in those sunglasses!! Also i liked the way they did the lion&lamb scene, it's my favorite line so i'm happy it made it to the movie.
TEAM EDWARD
Do I dazzle you?
Soubiluv98
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soubiluv98 »

Okay... so I've seen it like 5 times!! (and I can't wait to see it on DVD!!!)
AHH!! OMFE seriously 3 words. JASPER ~FREAKING~ HALE.
That man... GAW!! Totally sex on a freaking stick!!!
And, I don't think I even have to mention ROB. We've already discussed how amazing he is time and time again. XD
Hale, all the Cullen Men were totally UNF.
Charlie = WIN!!! Best dad ever!! I loved the part when he was cleaning out his gun.. FREAKING PRICELESS.
hahaha and I love Rosalie, "My monkey man." XD
And omgosh Victoria was so freaking badass!! ^-^
haha Kristen was great too.. not surprisingly.
I just loved how they totally captured the wholes story perfectly. The ending.. with the prom. Omgosh, It totally brings me to tears every time I see it. It's seriously the most perfect Bella/Edward moment ever!! wow... that kiss. ::sighs:: so amazing!!
And again, V at the end was just like the cherry on top!! gosh! Every time I see that movie, It just leaves me wanting more!

thou shalt not eat of it
thou shalt surely die
MoonBeam09
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonBeam09 »

I really loved the movie! In fact, I've seen it way too many times already! It's weird... but usually I get really angry when a movie is different from the book, but I accepted the changes they made in this one... because I thought the acting/casting was dead-on and the intent of the books really came out!

I felt like R-pat and K-Stewart were AMAZING together. Whatever they may have lacked individually the MORE than made up for with their INTENSE connection. I've never seen something so HOT! LOVED THEM!

Jasper was absolutely perfect, always looked like he was in pain, so many beautiful non-verbal moments! And OMG did I LOVE Alice.... I loved the WHOLE Cullen clan! The only thing was that as pretty as Roaslie was... I felt like she wasn't the same kind of beauty described in the books, she was missing something. Almost could have seen that actress more as a jessica. Weird, but true. But her acting was GREAT!

The only things I really missed where:

-Edward blocking Bella's car so Tyler could ask her out (which lead to him showing up at her house on prom, which was SUCH a funny idea!)
-Edward asking Bella to introduce him to Charlie as her BF... it was implied, but I loved his WANTING being addressed in the book
-and lastly... they cheated us on PROM! Where was the dinner scene? could have been longer... and missed Jacob coming in and dancing with her!

OH... and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Charlie! Man, was that actor SO funny! SO subtle! FANTASTIC casting.
emmettsbiggestfan
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmettsbiggestfan »

I liked the movie, even though it was really different from the book. Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson were dazzling together. :D
Proud Hand Laborer in EDC, Inc.
Private Vanessa Frost in Jasper's Confederate Army
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

mixie wrote:I really love the movie, through it's very different from the book. They skipped many of my favorite things, like the "do i dazzle you" (ahh that one is just so cute, i'd loved to see Rob say it!!) and when Bella forgets to breath and faints while he's kissing her. It was such a strong thing that really showed how much she loves him. And also i missed the sleeptalking and their lunch together at school. I guess it's impossible to get everything to fit in 2 hours..

But apart from those, the movie was so perfect! The casting was so good, especially Edward, Bella, Alice, Carlisle and Charlie. The only one i didn't really like was Angela. Rob and Kristen are Edward and Bella to me! My favorite scene was the "since i'm going to hell.." scene, omg Rob is soo hot in those sunglasses!! Also i liked the way they did the lion&lamb scene, it's my favorite line so i'm happy it made it to the movie.
I agree with you 99.9%. Angela was ok. It didn' bother me.
I love love love the Cullens. And RP and KS were like born to be Edward and Bella.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
angelus0901
Settled in Forks

Post by angelus0901 »

Finally!!! The movie came to theaters yesterday... in my country of course!! I absolutely LOVE this movie!! I sooo can't wait for the dvd!!!
The best scenes are Baseball and when Bella's meeting the Cullen family in their house... Rosalie is great!!! I love her!! And Alice, God, they couldn't pick a better actress then her... :mrgreen:
Anahi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anahi »

To me the movie was great...
I've seen it 3 times, and every other time I noticed things I haven't seen the first time.
The cast was awsome...
I really loved Nikki's Rosalie, especially when she broke the bowl and "My monkey man" ^_^
The baseball scene was the best...
Kellan was great I was sad when his line "Edward she's not one of us" was cut, but I'll see it on the dvd which I can't wait to come out. :D
Jackson was good, me and my friend were allways laughing when he was in the scene, he really looked like he was in major pain, but at the same time it was like he had a broom in his behind. (to say it nicely)
I loved Billy as Charlie he was so funny, loved the scene were he was cleaning the gun 8-)
The nomads were great, especially Eddie aka Laurent loved the accent and the six pack :twisted:
I was sad when I didn't saw Rosalie and Alice at the prom, I was hoping to see there dresses, but oh well...
Didn't like Jacob at all... couldn't stop laughing when I saw the wig...
ImageImageImage
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
Noxmas Frost
Settled in Forks

Post by Noxmas Frost »

Now, good sir, there is no reason to react like that. These people are just stating their opinion, and if one persons opinion was to be ignored, wouldn't all of ours?

I rather liked the movie better than the book, myself. It seemed a lot... lighter.
Sanity is for the weak
BiteMeRob
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeRob »

I enjoyed the movie. I went with really, really high expectations and spent most of the time too busy drooling at Edward to critisize anything about it. Of course, it doesn't compare to the books; in the sense that you don't get so entranced in the characters as you do when you're reading. But, altogether it's a pretty good adaptation and it didn't miss out too many of the details in the story, which is good.

I think they could have developed Bella & Edward's relationship better, what with more time for them to talk and get to know each other like in the book. It just seemed a bit unrealistic for them to fall in love with hardly any conversations.
Kristen Stewart makes a perfect Bella to me. She really impressed me and I think the producers made an excellent choice in casting her for the role, she's brilliant.

I thought all the other characters were really good, apart from Laurent, I was a bit disappointed that he's so un-vampire-like... He doesn't really fit the profile of a beautiful creature that Stephenie Meyer describes them to be. On the other hand, he was a good Laurent, and had a certain leadership quality which came through in both the book and film.

On the whole, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I went to watch it twice and I plan on watching it many more times, and buying the DVD :)
Because of Edward Cullen, human boys have lost their charm.
Thanks Stephenie Meyer! Now I'll never find a man.
WitchVamp
Settled in Forks

Post by WitchVamp »

I saw the movie before reading the books. My sister, who had just read the series, took me to see the movie in an attempt to convert me. It worked big time. I went straight to the book store after watching and bought all four books.
I think they did an amazing job with the casting. I loved Rob as Edward and Kristen as Bella. They were by far my favs. I also really loved the bantering that they added between Charlie and Billy. I think its great that they added humor to Charlie's character. Mike and Eric were hilarious as well.
I can't wait to see what they do with New Moon. I know that it will be very emotional and angsty, but I really hope they bring humor into it again. With Jacob especially, you need the smart-Why are we talking about a donkey?/funny lines for his character. I just have to add that I am sooo happy that Taylor is coming back as Jacob. :D
"You're still waiting for the running and the screaming?"
-Bella, Twilight