Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by OnyxEyes »

I really loved the movie, which is surprising cause I thought I was gonna hate it (maybe it was the surprise that it was better than I thought?) I thought the trailers looked cheesy, and there were some cheesy parts in the movie, but overall I thought they really captured the feeling of the story. The actors were all great; Bella was different than I imagined her but I've never been a huge fan of the book character, so I didn't mind. Everyone was gorgous and acted well.

Too bad they left out some explanation, and the "true" meadow scene. Otherwise I was completely happy. Even my mom liked it (never read the books) and she's so picky about movies that she hates most disney ones. :lol:
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

I loved it too, everyone looked as I had imagined except Jacob and Alice. I didn't think Jacob would have long black indian hair (not that that's a bad thing... just surprised me.) and I imagined Alice with blonde hair for some reason. (Alice in Wonderland thing? IDK. *lol*) But yeah, the movie is great. I have to say the book is better but I do like the movie as well. =D I want to go see the movie again!
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Ichigo Kitty- Alice has black spiky hair in the book. I didn't mind her brown hair in the movie, though. It was longer than I thought it would be. It is mentioned in the book that Alice did her hair into pin curls for the Prom, so it's obviously long enough for that.

Ugh- one thing that is bothering me endlessly is the makeup. Edward looks tooooooooo human! I hope they work on that for New Moon. All the other Cullens look weird, too. Emmett's face is white, but his arms are pinkish; Nikki bleached her skin to prepare for the role (and she looked the best); Jasper's looked caked-on; Bella at times is paler than Edward. While she is pale, the Cullens are pale-white. I saw the movie for the 4th time last night, so I noticed these small things more, like how only their faces are made up; the neck and ears aren't- bad continuity! I want to feel like I'm looking at vampires, not just actors with makeup on.

I find it interesting that there are an equal number of posts in the "I liked it" and "I didn't like it" threads.
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Yeah, they all did great in the movie! Edward and Bella were perfect! As I said, just like Margaret Mitchell did in the 1930's with "Gone With The Wind" I wonder if SM created two of the most famous lovers since Romeo and Juliet?
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
BeSafe
Learning to Love Green

Post by BeSafe »

I loved the movie. Things were a little different from the book but I expected that so I wasn’t at all disappointed.
I thought the cast did an amazing job, in particular Rob and Kristen as Edward and Bella. I was also surprised at how much I enjoyed watching all the other school kids such as Mike. Charlie was awesome too!

Can’t wait to see it again!
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

BeSafe wrote:I loved the movie. Things were a little different from the book but I expected that so I wasn’t at all disappointed.
I thought the cast did an amazing job, in particular Rob and Kristen as Edward and Bella. I was also surprised at how much I enjoyed watching all the other school kids such as Mike. Charlie was awesome too!

Can’t wait to see it again!
I loved it too! I saw it for the third time today. I'm planning on going one more time this Sunday. And I totally agree Bella and Edward were perfectly cast! Especially Robert Pattinson as Edward I think Twilight is going to have a cult following!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Jlovestwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by Jlovestwilight »

I loved the movie! I had a few friends tell me they didn't like it and I read bad reviews...but I loved the series and went in with an open mind. And I loved it!!!

The casting was phenomenal...every character was just great. At first, I was worried about Charlie. I pictured him as older and out of shape or something, but more needy. But he totally won me over by the end of the movie and I can't wait to see him in more movies.

Of course there were things that weren't perfect, but it wasn't going to be. I thought it was great and I can't wait to see it again and again and again and to see New Moon too!

Great job! Loved it!!
cherylveenc
Settled in Forks

Post by cherylveenc »

i really loved it
and being the person who have no clue about Twilight at all
the movie still impresses me altho i got lost at the start
about why are they both frustrated with each other.. and speaks weirdly
i watch the movie with only "a vampire movie" knowledge on my mind.. i've no idea its a romance as well!
after watching the movie i read the twilight saga
and now that i understand everything i went and watch the movie again...
the effect on me is still amazing... i can watch another time.. or gazillion times and still feel its a great movie
the one that got me melted was charlisle.. never seen such a perfect dad
i like the chemistry between bella and edward they played well...
emmett is so emmet... and jasper is so cool, alice is soo cute, rosalie is mean and esme is sweet...
everything is near perfect
i'd say 9/10
i prefer they include carlisle's past in the movie
for those who likes alot of thrill and action.. then twilight is not the one
i dont like much action and the movie is fine for me like that

but sadly they changed many stuff..
like bella was not forced to go to the prom at the movie..
and there's no pepper spray in the book
and it prom supposed to be in the gym but its all ok

my favourite scenes
- BASEBALL SCENE (totally cool!!!! my goodness Jasper with the bat.. cool!)
- the scene where Edward come to Bella's rescue from the .. er gangsters
- the scene where Edward saved Bella from the car crash
- the scene where the Cullen's are cooking Italiano for Bella

this movie is totally worth watching despite the bad reviews i got frm the newspapers.. hate that
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

seen it three times i loved the movie twilight :)
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Love the movie. Love it. I've seen it 3 times and I probably won't get to see it again. :( Hurry up dvd! :) I do have a question though. After the baseball scene and the first confrontation with james et al, bella and edward are getting in the jeep bella says something there, and I can never understand what she's saying. Does anyone know what she's saying there? I looked for a transcript of the movie and I couldn't find one.