Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bandnerd218
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by bandnerd218 »

bella's acting was awful. ewards was realy bad a lot of the time too. his voice wasnt velvety enough [i know im being pickey, but whatver]
Jasper looked constipated the entire time.
the bad vamps were in it to much
the ballet studio was too big
the cullen's house was cool, but not like in the book.
eric was really out of character
Rosalie seamed too jealous and angry
the bad vamps wardrobe was a mess
bell's dress for the dance was kind of sad
bella's cast was thy high. she broke her knee..
Laurent was supposed to be an olive skined Frenchman. not Jamaican looking
and i though robert pattison was a bad choice for edward. i think he's ugly, but that's just me

BUT

Emmet, while not COMPLETELY like book Emmet, was awesome
Charlie acted well, although it wasnt how i pictured him
Charlies house was house i pictured it.

sry i was nitpickey
Jesse=My love.My life.
"I'll sing to you all night if it will keep the bad dreams away" -Edward
"Your Slower than a fat kid on crutches"-Aphrodite;Untamed
"The greener grass on the other side is probably just AstroTurf"-idk
paramore
Settled in Forks

Post by paramore »

bandnerd218 wrote: and i though robert pattison was a bad choice for edward. i think he's ugly, but that's just me
I'll admit Rob Pattinson was nothing like I pictured Edward to be. My Edward looked more like Matt Dallas, http://www.seldo.com/pictures/Blogged/k ... ite9co.jpg , just imagine this photo with topaz eyes. However, I think Robert did a pretty decent job. I agree with the statement about his voice though - something just seemed off. Edward in this film just seemed too weak.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

bandnerd218 wrote:bella's acting was awful. ewards was realy bad a lot of the time too. his voice wasnt velvety enough [i know im being pickey, but whatver]
Jasper looked constipated the entire time.
the bad vamps were in it to much
the ballet studio was too big
the cullen's house was cool, but not like in the book.
eric was really out of character
Rosalie seamed too jealous and angry
the bad vamps wardrobe was a mess
bell's dress for the dance was kind of sad
bella's cast was thy high. she broke her knee..
Laurent was supposed to be an olive skined Frenchman. not Jamaican looking
and i though robert pattison was a bad choice for edward. i think he's ugly, but that's just me

BUT

Emmet, while not COMPLETELY like book Emmet, was awesome
Charlie acted well, although it wasnt how i pictured him
Charlies house was house i pictured it.

sry i was nitpickey
Nothing wrong with your examples. I don't think Rob is ugly though, I actually like his look for Edward, he just need to re-read Edward again to get the complete picture of our beloved vampire.
IDK, the movie as a whole, aside from the soundtrack - blows!! :evil:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
thisheartitbeats1
Settled in Forks

Post by thisheartitbeats1 »

overall i liked the movie, but i do have some complaints about it that i figured would get me in trouble over at the "i did like it" thread, so i figured i'd voice them here ;)

melissa rosenberg should be let go, especially if catherine hardwicke is out of the picture.
i remember in her interview, she said that she didn't want to read new moon because she felt like it would cloud her vision for this movie or something like that. i didn't agree with that logic at all then and i especially don't agree with it now. she ended up leaving out too many important parts, like the cullen's stories and in-depth description of edward's past (to set up the soul vs. no soul debate, which is a major theme of the next books.) so now to do new moon correctly, they will have to backtrack.

overall, the movie could have done with another half hour.

i read the front page of posts, and my problems are pretty much the same (i really agree with thewayhedazzledme) so there's really no need to repeat that :roll:

but the actors' performances were AMAZING. i can see where some people would say that they didn't like how they acted, but i thought that they molded a little to catherine's vision while still trying to keep the book characters in tact. i blame the screenplay and the directing for any out-of-character moments because i thought the actors worked really well with what they were given.

except for one thing, how the heck was billy black driving if he's in a wheel chair?
While you were sleeping I figured out everything.
I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.

banner by ceo07
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

I think that maybe, my expectations were too high, or something. I totally expected more from Catherine Hardwicke, cause from what I've heard, she was good and I thought Stephenie Meyer wouldn't let them ruin the movie.

All in all, I think this movie is, by far, the worst I've ever seen in my entire life. Don't get me wrong, I Loooove the books (apart from Breaking Dawn that was such a let down) but dude, this movie is just... its more disappointing than Breaking Dawn.

What I didnt like-
They got pretty much every character wrong. They made Edward seem like some weird creepy stalker guy and not "from a different' time at all. His acting was really bad
And Bella's acting is WAY off, and she blinks alot. She tries too hard to be all melodramatic and stuff, it annoys me, plus, she sounds like a guy when she's angry.
Alice was a bit...not alice. If you know what I mean. She was supposed to be all bubbly and happy and jumpy and spaz but in the movie she was like...held back a bit.
Jasper had a grand total of 3 lines.
Emmett wasn't like book Emmett, he was still funny though but, whatever.
What's with Jacob's hair?
What's with Jacob? He looks...weird. Not like I imagined him to be.
I was looking forward to seeing the meadow. But, yet again, it's a let down. Going to the meadow was supposed to be one of the highlights in the movie, instead they just made it seem like it was just a random place. Edward was supposed to PLAN this first right? and, in the book, before they ran for the meadow, wasnt edward wearing that white unbottoned shirt of his, and it was one of those intense moments where Bella's like, dazzled. i really wanted to see that bit, see his sparkly girth but, noooooo. And then the actual set of the meadow's pretty crap too.
Esme had...no lines.
Victoria's hair isnt even that flaming red. It looks blonde! And what's with the fur thing? Jeez.
Laurent is black? Didn't know vampires CAN be black...how is that possible?
Edward is realllly hairy. And their eyes arent as pronounced (is that the right word) or... Stand-outish... as I thought they would be.
I seriously could go on but I won't..

What I liked-
The pepper spray! LOL!
Jasper's face! BAHA!
I had a really good laugh at the really bad special effects. Especially that part where James like, flies over bella in the ballet studio. Classic xD
Rosalie's acting was REALLY good! I like her now. And her shoes.
Victoria's top.

So, the movie is nothing compared to the books. I did not see the point of this movie, it was crap anyway. How can Stephenie let them do this to her work? Seriously. They completely rewrote the whole thing, its like a new story. And, if I hadn't read the books, I would probably be like, twilight is gay, i won't read it, so it sends the wrong message to non-readers.

I dont know, maybe, i'm picky or complain alot, or maybe nothings good enough for me but, come on. I dont see how anyone could LIKE this movie.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

MissWhitlock wrote:I think that maybe, my expectations were too high, or something. I totally expected more from Catherine Hardwicke, cause from what I've heard, she was good and I thought Stephenie Meyer wouldn't let them ruin the movie.

All in all, I think this movie is, by far, the worst I've ever seen in my entire life. Don't get me wrong, I Loooove the books (apart from Breaking Dawn that was such a let down) but dude, this movie is just... its more disappointing than Breaking Dawn.

What I didnt like-
They got pretty much every character wrong. They made Edward seem like some weird creepy stalker guy and not "from a different' time at all. His acting was really bad
And Bella's acting is WAY off, and she blinks alot. She tries too hard to be all melodramatic and stuff, it annoys me, plus, she sounds like a guy when she's angry.
Alice was a bit...not alice. If you know what I mean. She was supposed to be all bubbly and happy and jumpy and spaz but in the movie she was like...held back a bit.
Jasper had a grand total of 3 lines.
Emmett wasn't like book Emmett, he was still funny though but, whatever.
What's with Jacob's hair?
What's with Jacob? He looks...weird. Not like I imagined him to be.
I was looking forward to seeing the meadow. But, yet again, it's a let down. Going to the meadow was supposed to be one of the highlights in the movie, instead they just made it seem like it was just a random place. Edward was supposed to PLAN this first right? and, in the book, before they ran for the meadow, wasnt edward wearing that white unbottoned shirt of his, and it was one of those intense moments where Bella's like, dazzled. i really wanted to see that bit, see his sparkly girth but, noooooo. And then the actual set of the meadow's pretty crap too.
Esme had...no lines.
Victoria's hair isnt even that flaming red. It looks blonde! And what's with the fur thing? Jeez.
Laurent is black? Didn't know vampires CAN be black...how is that possible?
Edward is realllly hairy. And their eyes arent as pronounced (is that the right word) or... Stand-outish... as I thought they would be.
I seriously could go on but I won't..

What I liked-
The pepper spray! LOL!
Jasper's face! BAHA!
I had a really good laugh at the really bad special effects. Especially that part where James like, flies over bella in the ballet studio. Classic xD
Rosalie's acting was REALLY good! I like her now. And her shoes.
Victoria's top.

So, the movie is nothing compared to the books. I did not see the point of this movie, it was crap anyway. How can Stephenie let them do this to her work? Seriously. They completely rewrote the whole thing, its like a new story. And, if I hadn't read the books, I would probably be like, twilight is gay, i won't read it, so it sends the wrong message to non-readers.

I dont know, maybe, i'm picky or complain alot, or maybe nothings good enough for me but, come on. I dont see how anyone could LIKE this movie.
I agree with you there except for the Laurent and being black comment, I doubt if a black person was to be turned into a vampire they'd suddenly turn pale white, when i first saw who they cast for Laurent he's accent was so cool, loved the way he explained how lethal James is!!" It doesn't matter what colour he is at least he portrayed his character convincingly unlike some people...
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

MissWhitlock wrote: Laurent is black? Didn't know vampires CAN be black...how is that possible?
As a black person I take great offense to that comment. Just the way you say it sounds like a racist remark. Yes Vamps can be black, there is no vamp law that says all vamps must be of a lighter skin color.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Just had a look at the other twilight movie topic the one where people actually liked it for some reason....at least some people liked the movie.
AlwaysforShaenEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AlwaysforShaenEdward »

although i did like the movie..it in no way compares to the book at all due to how they moved certain conversations to different places. The meadow itself wasnt as pretty as it was described in the book.The love connection was rushed..so no one understood..how they could go from kinda hating eachother one day and living only for eachother the next.I didnt like how they gave Rosalie a mercedes when it plainly stated in the book she had BMW! I didnt like how the cut out Carlisle and Alices story..and James revealing truth about Alice at the end..those were crucial points that were neglected and i didnt like it. Hopefully they do a lot different with New Moon even though i personally cant wait to see Eclipse lol
What i would give to be that stupid lamb!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

I don't know if this has been said already. But, was anyone else bothered by the Cullen cars in this movie, specifically Edwards! I mean I would never picture Edward driving a hatchback in my life. Stephanie even has a link of her website of the cars. I don't know why this erks me as much as it does. There is something about a hatch-back that doesn't exactly scream SEXY BROODING VAMPIRE to me.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_cullencars.html
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY