Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Vampire4eva wrote:Obviously if she thinks the same as us then we probably will see an improvement in New Moon. Have you ever watched yourself act in a film? Everyone knows the most critical person is not the fans, not the critics but yourself.
I can well imagine her going, 'Why did I pull that face' :D
She better. I am SOOOO worried she will ruin the part where Edward leaves her. Like she ruined the hospital scene, oh and just about every other scene. I mean EVERY scene. Obviously this is just my opinion. But ugh.

And because New Moon mostly takes place inside her head (if you know what I mean, we get the most from her mental notes and commentary than things spoken out loud) she will be narrating A LOT. Ugh.

I hate her commentary. So monotone and emotionless.
ImageImageImageImageImage
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

For New Moon, Kristen's character will demand a much wider range of emotions from the actress. She won't be able to show the changes Bella goes through in the book unless she steps outside her comfort zone and really give in to the character.
I guess for Twilight she was too stiff at times, focusing on Bella's introversion and awkwardness. For some reason the Bella I imagined was a tad bit lighter, clumsier, insecure and even a little naive - in the sense that she is only 17 years old.

I New Moon, Bella grows more mature, she is not living, she is surviving while finding new meaning to her life, she is struggling with the tricks her mind pulls on her. I don't wanna spoil for people who haven't read the story of NM yet, so I'm not gonna go into that.

Although I thought Rob Pattinson felt awkward on camera at times, I think he grasps a better sense of his character than Kristen does. So here's hoping she reads the entire series before shooting the upcoming movie and has some long chats with both Stephenie Meyer and Melissa Rosenberg. I am still optimistic. The budget is higher.

Let me try to put this in the lightest possible way: after Twilight, it can only go up.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
CrazilyObsessed024

lilmisstrouble wrote:For New Moon, Kristen's character will demand a much wider range of emotions from the actress. She won't be able to show the changes Bella goes through in the book unless she steps outside her comfort zone and really give in to the character.
I guess for Twilight she was too stiff at times, focusing on Bella's introversion and awkwardness. For some reason the Bella I imagined was a tad bit lighter, clumsier, insecure and even a little naive - in the sense that she is only 17 years old.

I New Moon, Bella grows more mature, she is not living, she is surviving while finding new meaning to her life, she is struggling with the tricks her mind pulls on her. I don't wanna spoil for people who haven't read the story of NM yet, so I'm not gonna go into that.

Although I thought Rob Pattinson felt awkward on camera at times, I think he grasps a better sense of his character than Kristen does. So here's hoping she reads the entire series before shooting the upcoming movie and has some long chats with both Stephenie Meyer and Melissa Rosenberg. I am still optimistic. The budget is higher.

Let me try to put this in the lightest possible way: after Twilight, it can only go up.
I think that is worded perfectly, I have still not grasped how to put things in a polite manner, so I have a lot of pro-kristen people jumping down my throat.

*sigh*

I'm trying and have to learn soon enough? Right?
Vampire4eva
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Vampire4eva »

I actually agree and I hope she does a little bit more prep work for the next film. She should spend the next few months until the script is finialized working on the character and been Bella.
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

i think that we all immagine our selves as bella and thats why kristen cant compare to the bella in our heads but i do think she did a good job. she wasnt very clumsy but if its not in the script there is nothing she can do about it.. I loved kristen in other movies ( Into the Wild and Speak) so i have to blame it on the director.. Rob and Jasper were both VERY weird too so i have to say bad directing.
CrazilyObsessed024

spicey16 wrote:i think that we all immagine our selves as bella and thats why kristen cant compare to the bella in our heads but i do think she did a good job. she wasnt very clumsy but if its not in the script there is nothing she can do about it.. I loved kristen in other movies ( Into the Wild and Speak) so i have to blame it on the director.. Rob and Jasper were both VERY weird too so i have to say bad directing.
I'm sorry, I just want to say, never did I picture myself as Bella. She was a random girl I made up in my head, or Stephenie did for me I guess. I can't put myself in books. I am too realistic. They would have to be exactly like me and be described very closely in looks to me, in order for me to put myself in the book.
Elizabeth952
Settled in Forks

Post by Elizabeth952 »

So basically, when I found out there would be a movie I thought oh no. There was so much hype about the movie that everyone started to talke about it, then I saw the first trailer and it was pretty good except for one little problem.
Kristen Stewart, I do not think I have ever seen any emotion on her face before its crazy! I felt that her and Rob had no chemistry what so ever, the movie was crazy and not in a good way it went from one thing to another it was extremley hard to follow. Another thing is where were all the other cullens! It was like they were not even there! I think jasper had about one line through out the whole movie.
I knew the movie was going to be bad so I definatley went in with very low expctations but honestly that did not even prepare me, I can only hope that New Moon will be tons better, and I actually think it may be.
Nixx802
Settled in Forks

Post by Nixx802 »

Well, what can I say that hasn't been said already?
The movie wasn't a bad attempt, but i didnt enjoy it as much as i should of. I know that when i read a book i really get into it. And i know that all readers see the characters in their heads, so i know that what i'm about to say is completely typical of alot of other readers. None of the actors fit what i had pictured in my head.

Also, in the book, Edward and Bella's relationship is intense and passionate once they acknowledge to eachother, in the meadow, their feelings for one another. Actually, even before that, you can sense the underlying tension. (Or maybe that's just me). But i couldn't sense any of that in the movie. In fact if i had to judge the characters in the movie i'd have to say dull. I couldn't see any chemistry between Rob and Kristin.

Another thing, their love is such a big part of the story, in fact it changes them both completely, but NOT ONCE did i hear either one of them say that they loved eachother.

Also of course is the subject of the scene in the meadow, but as i've said there is nothing i can add that no one else has already said.

Another character that bugged me was Renee. She was supposed to be an immature, child like person, who had to be taken care of by Bella. This is what made Bella who she was, why she didnt like being taken care of, but i didnt see this on screen.

Like everyone else, i didnt think the relationship between Alice and Bella was developed enough.

Overall i felt the whole film was so rushed, and because of that the movie lost alot of substance, and i think it belittled the story a little bit. But maybe i'm too biased, maybe if i hadn't read the books and fallen completely inlove with the story and the characters, i would have enjoyed it more. None of the people who went with me to see it had read any of the books, and they all really liked it.

But it is what it is, and i take my hat off to the cast and crew for trying, and hopefully New Moon will be better, it's a different director this time, so maybe he can bring to the movie what the previous director couldn't...
"Again, the fabric clung to his perfectly muscled chest. It was a colossal tribute to his face that it kept my eyes away from his body." Bella, Twilight.
wanda
Settled in Forks

Post by wanda »

When I heard there was going to be a Twilght movie, I was not excited about going to go see it, even though I did. the only reason I went basically was to go laugh at how horrible it was, and I wasn't dissapointed. I thought the movie was really funny to be honest! it was so cheesy for one. I mean they never flew in the book or climbed up trees like they did in the movie. it was overly dramatic in a way that the actors were just so bad at what they were doing. I think that Alice did a fairly good job, she was probably my favorite...

I think Kristen Stewart wasn't very good. I think she could have done better. she seemed a little manly for the part. that reminds me, I think that everyone should have been more beautiful. especially Rosalie. she was supposed to be amazingly pretty and I thought she was average. she definitly didn't strike me.

I also thought it was hilarious when James bit Bella and she was spazing out on the floor. it was funny because first off, she was horrible at doing her little spazing things and Carlisle and Edward were calmy discussing her death in front of her. they took like 10 hours! it was like, do you think I should save her? I dunno if I could do it Carlisle! No, no. You have to do it Edward. No one else can. Are you sure? Lets go discuss this over tea. XD

funny movie over all :P
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

wanda wrote: I also thought it was hilarious when James bit Bella and she was spazing out on the floor. it was funny because first off, she was horrible at doing her little spazing things and Carlisle and Edward were calmy discussing her death in front of her. they took like 10 hours! it was like, do you think I should save her? I dunno if I could do it Carlisle! No, no. You have to do it Edward. No one else can. Are you sure? Lets go discuss this over tea. XD

funny movie over all :P
"Let's go discuss this over tea" - lol
I know! It took them forever and a half! I guess it's normal for vampires - they do have all the time in the world! haha ;)
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com